• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] MGS V: TPP and Pes 2016 to be 1080p 60 fps on Xbox One?

Don't really see what you are trying to say. The Fox Engine is designed to be scalable to different devices. It only tells you part of the story. Think of UE4 for example, it can happily run on an iPhone, but give it an UE4 game that has game elements optimised for a PS4 and it's going to be set on fire.

Ground Zero should have been running at 1080p on Xbox One in the first place.

Nzyme32

This is great and all (although never heard of gamekyo, so could be fake), but has anyone actually seen the game running on Xbox One yet? I'm, more curious to see if their is a difference between the consoles, which I figure there would be.

Ghazi

Seriously fuck parity !

And bad for PS4 owners....
The fuck is wrong with you? The Xbox version was worse than the PS4 version and they brought it up to the 4's level. They didn't downgrade shit on the 4 to make them even, they improved the other consoles performance. You're getting the game you were always going to get, but because they made the Xbox version better you're losing it? It's a cross gen game, if you want to blame shit for parity or downgrades blame that. Besides, PS4 is still getting those exclusive features like dynamic clouds and stuff. I doubt they're getting that and others on Xbox. That's if this info is even correct. I'm all for blaming the One when this stuff happens, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

If they managed to get Xbox One up to 1080 & 60 than it's clear that xbox is holding back the PS4 version.
You do realize that this game is coming out on the Xbox 360 and PS3, right?

Javin98

Banned
Hmm, I'd remain skeptical until we get further confirmation. Not that the XB1 is incapable of 1080p/60 in TPP, but that is a pretty huge jump from 720p. Either KojiPro found a way to optimize really well for the XB1 or they had to cut down some graphical features. Guess we'll find out soon.

Also, obligatory "They played us like a damn fiddle!" post.

bigol

Mods please change thread title. Reading it's not a gamekyo news, but from a blog. Don't want to mislead people. Can't edit it.

Caayn

And if you'll now look at the following quote class, you'll see a fanboy in the wild.
Seriously fuck parity
Yes, because resolution and framerate are the only two metrics that determine a games graphics >.>
And bad for PS4 owners....
I feel so sorry for the PS4 owners that they get a beautiful game but still play on the same resolution and framerate as the peasant XB1 owners.

This is really great news! I wonder how they managed it? Also what's with all of the negativity here? In what world are people mad that a multi platform title is 1080 60 on both systems?

It will never be locked at 60fps.

It will just have a max fps of 60.

Same with the PS4.

technically it won't be "locked" at 60, but GZ is basically 100% 60fps all the time. not a huge leap to assume TPP will be at 60 with virtually no drops as well

Skeptical with that source. Bit of a jump too, that would be a lot of optimisation. Optimisation that would certainly come at a cost.

RexNovis

Banned
Errrm this doesn't exactly seem to be a reliable source. Any chance we could get a second confirmation or a denial by a more reputable source?

Hasney

I'll believe it when I see it, but hopefully it's true. Deferred rendering on DDR3 is hell because of the speed, so I'm assuming this is going to be more effectively using the ESRAM rather than just DX12 efficiencies.

There were rumours that MS sent engineers over after Ground Zeroes and PES 2015. maybe they showed them how to do certain things better.

technically it won't be "locked" at 60, but GZ is basically 100% 60fps all the time. not a huge leap to assume TPP will be at 60 with virtually no drops as well

No it isn't. The framerate drops when the helicopter is on the ground, and also when there's multiple explosions happening on screen.

On Demand

Banned
Good job if true, but i'm going to need better confirmation.

Though i read that DR is an issue with XB1 and can't be fixed. Did they change something? optimize it better? Guess we'll find out soon. I just hope Konami didn't downgrade the graphics.

Hasney

I'm pretty sure I heard the PES guys on the Gamespot stage say they're targeting 30fps.

I really really really really times infinity hope you're wrong there. They said last year that 60fps was the priority and that's why XB1 had to go to 720p and I personally believe they made the right call if it was an either/or situation. If they drop it to 30, they've lost a sale.

Good job if true, but i'm going to need better confirmation.

Though i read that DR is an issue with XB1 and can't be fixed. Did they change something? optimize it better? Guess we'll find out soon. I just hope Konami didn't downgrade the graphics.

The game already doesnt look that good to begin with...

Majanew

Banned
Interesting. Something had to give or something was held back on that other platform. The DF face-off will be great.

Top Bottom