• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] MGS V: TPP and Pes 2016 to be 1080p 60 fps on Xbox One?

Guys. Gamekyo is like N4G. Anyone can write articles and this one doesn't seem to be from the official writers.

No sources either, likely to be fake.

Three

Seriously fuck parity !

And bad for PS4 owners....
JpQmMFnmgcQl.jpg

There's going to be a twist in this story.
1080pr? That would still be a boost from 720 at least.

hesido

Seriously fuck parity !

Why should it be bad for PS4 owners?

Did you expect it to be 4K on PS4 or something? Remember the Ground Zeroes enhancements for the PC (SSR, better LOD), maybe PS4 will get some of those on top of the Xbox One features. Maybe PS4 will cling on to 60fps better... I'm confident that PS4 version will be somewhere between the PC and the Xbox One version even though the resolution is a match.

hesido

It's a good looking open world game that runs at 60fps. Yeah it probably could of looked better if it was current gen only but it still has some nice things going on.

We constantly fall back into the trap of judging graphics from screenshots, and not in motion. The game is a looker, especially in motion.

Seriously fuck parity !

So you think because XB1 might (apparently this thread is innacurate) get 1080p/60FPS, it's somehow means they tuned down the PS4 version with things like distance, texture quality, dithering...

Cause right now it sounds like you're a console owner who needs to justify a purchase with the "Mine is better than yours" thing.

Fox Engine is magic.

I can't wait for what Konami has in store for it!

/cry

leeh

I'd love to know if this was due to better optimisation against the DX11 stack, or by using DX12.

To me, it sounds like they've just optimised against DX11.

shinnn

I hope its true, since PES seems finaly good in the gameplay. Last game was a joke at 720p.

Man, this thread just filled up my ignore list.

Percy

Banned
I have friends on thd K team and they are slaving their selfs out to finish this game, and the fact that imbecile calls them lazy boils my blood.

I understand mate, and I'd probably react the same way in your position, but it's really not worth getting yourself banned over yet another shitty Endo Punk post.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I wonder if this is true. If it is, I might consider getting it on Xbox because of the controller/achievements/friends. Only if it is true and is as stable as the PS4 though.

On Demand

Banned
The twist is that the source is bullshit.

On one hand i believe it; konami wouldn't want their major game this fall to run at half the resolution as another platform. That's sure to affect sales. They worked their asses off getting it to 1080p. On another i don't; from what i heard about the fox engine the XB1's eSRAM is the issue and there's no way around it. Also the source. Why aren't other sites reporting this? I'm sure they would of got to play the XB1 version too at E3 and spoke with, Julien Merceron. Why only "CN play"?

Stacey

Banned
From 720 to 1080?

Not believing it tbh, however didn't the xbone version have reduced graphical effects and lower fps on both titles compared to ps4?

Theonik

On one hand i believe it; konami wouldn't want their major game this fall to run at half the resolution as another platform. That's sure to affect sales. They worked their asses off getting it to 1080p. On another i don't; from what i heard about the fox engine the XB1's eSRAM is the issue and there's no way around it. Also the source. Why aren't other sites reporting this? I'm sure they would of got to play the XB1 version too at E3 and spoke with, Julien Merceron. Why only "CN play"?
Here's my take. If the effort required to make the XB1 version run at 1080p is too great they have little reason in undertaking it. (big engine redesign)
People who only have XB1 will just have to suck it and get their version, if they have other systems they can buy it on they will buy it there.
The point of multiplatforms is maximising the size of your audience and inferior ports rarely factor into that, at least not to the extent where the loss of sales from diehards justifies the extra effort.
Now bad blood on the second system's community can often be a concern, while a common strategy for avoiding whiplash on the inferior platform is to either downgrade the port in non 'PR Shock' ways. Or to downgrade both versions.

Nephtes

Here's my take. If the effort required to make the XB1 version run at 1080p is too great they have little reason in undertaking it. (big engine redesign)
People who only have XB1 will just have to suck it and get their version, if they have other systems they can buy it on they will buy it there. The point of multiplatforms is maximising the size of your audience and inferior ports rarely factor into that, at least not to the extent where the loss of sales from diehards justifies the extra effort.
Now bad blood on the second system's community can often be a concern, while a common strategy for avoiding whiplash on the inferior platform is to either downgrade the port in non 'PR Shock' ways. Or to downgrade both versions.

My thinking on the matter is, if this MGSV rumor is true, the "Windows 10 Xbox One Dashboard" or "New Xbox Experience" has ditched snapping and the ability to run multiple apps at once, freeing up hardware resources currently used by the hypervisor.

In all of the new Xbox Experience videos, they never show snapped apps or snapped achievements. Just the new fly out menu that overlays the screen from the left. That fly out menu doesn't snap, it covers part of the game, meaning the system doesn't have to finagle with multiple resolutions or resizing a datastream. Meaning, those resources, in theory, could be allocated to devs.

Can I confirm this? Of course not. But its about the only explanation I have for the resolution jump.

Theonik

My thinking on the matter is, if this rumor is true, the "Windows 10 Xbox One Dashboard" or "New Xbox Experience" has ditched snapping and the ability to run multiple apps at once, freeing up hardware resources currently used by the hypervisor.

In all of the new Xbox Experience videos, they never show snapped apps or snapped achievements. Just the new fly out menu that overlays the screen from the left. That fly out menu doesn't snap, it covers part of the game, meaning the system doesn't have to finagle with multiple resolutions or resizing a datastream. Meaning, those resources, in theory, could be allocated to devs.

Can I confirm this? Of course not. But its about the only explanation I have for the resolution jump.
Chances are it's not true and there is some mistranslation or misinterpretation/PR bollocking along the way.

Ushay

Great news. That new SDK doing much more than I personally expected. Perhaps the first of many more to come?

The fact that they have done 1080p with 60fps, is just black magic. That FOX engine must be really something else.

Kssio_Aug

If that's true, it is SO EXCELENT!

I was going to buy this one for PS4, but if that's the case I'll be getting for XB1 instead!

packy34

Nice. Now I don't have to get MGSV for PC.

But it runs natively in 4K on PC...

Also, would like to see a second (or at least a single) reliable source on this. You'd think if this had been achieved Konami would have been trumpeting it on the show floor and in press releases.

Journey

Banned
If true, pretty awesome news for Xbone, especially for future games running on the Fox Engine.

For all those making fun and sarcastically saying "The gap is closing", it actually does look a lot better from how things were initially. We had many cases where games were running 720p on XB1 while the same games were 1080p on PS4.

Even exclusives like Killer Instinct had to resort to 720p for 60fps play, but later in Season 2, from what appears to be due to updates in the SDK, it now runs at 900p/60fps. I bet this has to do with final move to DX12 SDK changes, plus refinements in the Fox Engine to make this happen, but still, I'm in disbelief until I see it :p

omonimo

Banned
Great news. That new SDK doing much more than I personally expected. Perhaps the first of many more to come?

The fact that they have done 1080p with 60fps, is just black magic. That FOX engine must be really something else.
I want to see how much 1080p 60 fps will be to call it miracle, because I'm really, really skeptical. I haven't memory of games like this with such performance on xbone. No offence to anyone.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Right now E3 Pes 2016 code is 1360x1080 according to Adam Bhatti, they are working upgrading resolution to 1920x1080.

Can't tell if it's the same for Metal Gear
That makes more sense. 1360x1080 is nearly pixel equivalent to 1600x900.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Now are we talking about the menu screens or the game?

I kid, I kid. Glad the game is going to be fantastic on XBO!

JeffG

I bet this has to do with final move to DX12 SDK changes, plus refinements in the Fox Engine to make this happen, but still, I'm in disbelief until I see it :p
So riddle me this batman. Where has anyone said MGS has been converted to DX12?

Top Bottom