• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chobel

Ok here you go.

zWlk8IJ.jpg

GAF---> Internet ---> (jpeg compressed over and over again) ---> GAF

Aesthet1c

I really want to be excited for this, but I've never been able to "get" MvC.

The near infinite combos are always huge deal breaker for me. I hope MvC 4 moves away from that, but I feel like they won't since it's a staple of the series.

I've been really digging SFV focusing on fundamentals, and I enjoy supers and things like that. I never could get the hang of MvC 3 though because anytime I played online if I let one hit confirm get me then it would turn into a huge combo that wiped out that character.

Neoxon

The near infinite combos are always huge deal breaker for me. I hope MvC 4 moves away from that, but I feel like they won't since it's a staple of the series.

I've been really digging SFV focusing on fundamentals, and I enjoy supers and things like that. I never could get the hang of MvC 3 though because anytime I played online if I let one hit confirm get me then it would turn into a huge combo that wiped out that character.
While I do think they'll try their hardest to get rid of infinites, longer combos are part of Mahvel's DNA.

Platy

I don't think the average joe would know who any of the Mega Man characters are supposed to be either, outside of anime robots.

MvC3 was released before the release of THOR in the movies.
That was like Iron Man, Hulk and Iron Man 2 released only.

Now only Nova, MODOK, She Hulk, Taskmaster, Shuma-Gorath and Super Skrull haven't appeared in live action in any form (including x23 in the old man logan trailer)

from like almost 20 Marvel characters

When it was released only Iron Man, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Phoenix, Spider-Man, Storm and Wolverine had live action versions for the average joe to know who they are

SaikyoBro

I feel similarly. While the fun part of watching Marvel might be the flashy 100% combos, the fun part of playing it is in the neutral game (IE trying to get the hit and convert it). During some games of 3 (especially later in the game's lifespan) you barely get to see it in action at all, just a series of incoming mixups that lead to death.

Obviously the gigantic combos are a lot of fun as well but I think some adjustments need to be made so that we're not seeing/doing the same thing every time. I wouldn't mind invincible incomings after a character dies this time, to be honest.

Since we are all posting our dream roster, I just wanted to say that I would love to see The Punisher and Daredevil from the Netflix series in the game. Especially The Punisher, I really liked his character.

Neoxon

Well, if this game is MCU focused, it would make sense to keep the same voice actor
Though, that would mean Iron Man voiced by RDJ, which isnt that likely
Do you even realize how expensive it would be to get the MCU actors to voice their characters?

Do you even realize how expensive it would be to get the MCU actors to voice their characters?
By no means cheap, but maybe if Marvel wants to really push the MCU they would spring for it. Also, there is the chance they recorded lines for the game alongside filming for the various movies, but I'm not positive

Skab

By no means cheap, but maybe if Marvel wants to really push the MCU they would spring for it. Also, there is the chance they recorded lines for the game alongside filming for the various movies, but I'm not positive

You are dreaming.

You mean Mega Man Classic, right? Since Zero & Tron Bonnie represent the MMX & Legends series respectively, Classic or EXE are needed to represent those branches of the franchise.

Which is why we need Proto!

Neoxon

They're knee-deep in Infinity War filming, so.....yeah.

Eolz

I'm not sure if you understand how unprofitable it would be for Disney to do that for a fighting game.

edit: and here we are again with the ridiculous Sony moneyhatting speculation after SFV...

Josh Keaton better voice Spider Man or no deal.

You mean Mega Man Classic, right? Since Zero & Tron Bonnie represent the MMX & Legends series respectively, Classic or EXE are needed to represent those branches of the franchise.
TvC Roll for classic Megaman. Bass.EXE for that side series.

pizzacat

Banned
Okay Downey now give me a tone that you hate this Ryu character as you are about to fight him

"I don't have time for this"

That's good Robbie, that's great, that's not even in the script good j- wait wait RDJ where are you going?

Blues1990

Which is why we need Proto!
Man, wouldn't I give to have Blues/Protoman in a Capcom VS game. I don't care if it's the Classic or Battle Betwork series incarnation, just let me have him team up with Captain America for some shield bashin' action!

why would it be Ps4 exclusive?

Development funding, I would imagine. This is a passion project, and a tough deal to negotiate in general. Sony has a strong relationship with Disney which has helped them in the past. Sony is one of the few publishing houses with strong relationships with all of the necessary parties needed for this, as well as them already being highly invested in the CPT, which this would undoubtedly be a part of.

Chobel

Development funding, I would imagine. This is a passion project, and a tough deal to negotiate in general. Sony has a strong relationship with Disney which has helped them in the past. Sony is one of the few publishing houses with strong relationships with all of the necessary parties needed for this, as well as them already being highly invested in the CPT, which this would undoubtedly be a part of.

CPT?

And unlike SFV, I really, really doubt MVC4 would see a PC release, as Marvel seems to be really stingy about that. They're the reason UMVC3 wasn't released on Steam.

Neoxon

That's actually a good point. Sony seems to be sticking with Capcom in helping SFV get back on track since they have a big stake in the CPT. That plus they already have the FGC by the balls.

Capcom Pro Tour, it's Capcom's main competitive league for their fighting games.

Capcom Pro Tour. Its the esports league for Capcom Fighting Games/Street Fighter. Back when they were first talking about SFV, they spoke about CFN & the CPT being designed in such a way so as to allow support for more than 1 fighting game. I imagine Capcom had the desire to add a VS. Gameplay title to the CPT, but just didn't have that game in mind yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom