• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been holding off on a fight stick for PS4 , Marvel would make one go to straight to my Amazon cart.

Though if they could have timed this announcement so I could get Revelator and V st the current sale prices that would have been nice but whatever.

kirblar

Marvel did say we'd be hearing about more of their games as we go into 2017, so the timing would be appropriate, but the main question is if they're actually following up on this specific product.
I would be shocked to never see MvC4, because the game's effectively free advertising for their brand.

But this soon into SFV's release would be pleasantly surprising. Though it'd make sense in some ways- I got into SFIV because of MvC3.

Trace

Banned
I was only here to change my avatar!

Carry on!

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Wasn't verendus banned for having false info in the final fantasy XV spoiler thread? Doesn't seem worth talking about him here.
He gave false impressions of FFXV. I don't think that has much to do with his supposed inside info but if someone wants to reach conclusions from that, by all means.

And they say that the year of dreams never ends! Let's go!

Honestly ever since PS4 Spider-Man and SFV exclusivity, it would make sense if Sony helped pay for MVC4.

DrArchon

Haha, yeah right. Capcom doesn't have enough cash to pay for that Marvel license, and it's not like another fighting game is gonna make bank for them after SFV underperformed heavily. Capcom isn't in a position to make a MvC4, they're in a position where they're going to focus on their real money maker IPs, like Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

You guys can keep dreaming, but MvC4 is just as likely as a UMvC3 patch at this point.

Kusagari

If it happens the real interesting thing will be to see if it really does just become a portal to advertise the MCU.

Aka RIP X-Men

If this is true, put in Luke Cage and Squirrel Girl, Marvel!

And as for you, Capcom, put in X or we complain incessantly on the internet! Also Falcon from Power Stone!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Plus isn't contest of Champions making a lot of money from them on mobile?

It's making about $25+ million a month.

I think Marvel would probably want a heavily updated fighting game under the service game model on consoles to complement that. I just don't know if it would be Capcom or someone else they would do it with, since they have a few options (Namco, Capcom, Iron Galaxy, or maybe even just convincing Kabam to make a more complex fighter for consoles as well).

Elbereth

As gullible as this may seem, I want this rumor to become true.... So, please be true:)

A VS title, even if it's not MvC4 for Capcom Cup would be INCREDIBLE.

Shonen vs Capcom... Whoa

They did get a lot of shit last year for having a "weak" PSX or whatever.
It's probably still a ways off, but no reason to not build up the hype now if possible.
This wouldn't be announced at PSX because of last year being perceived as "weak". Shuhei said PSX isn't for big announcements.

Duxxy3

Yes, indeed, it is called Marvel,
Where the transitory lands of the Gods of Marvel converge.
In venturing west, pilgrims discover the truth of the old words.
The hype fades and the gods go without thrones.
When the hype is threatened, the bell tolls,
Unearthing the old Gods of Marvel from their DX Racer's:
Justin Wong, Master of the Wong Factor.
Norcal's Ryan Ramirez, the Filipino champion,
and the reclusive lord of the of the cheap stuff,
Local Battle's Chris G.

Only in truth the Gods will abandon their chairs
and the scrubs will rise
Nameless dirty scrubs,
Unfit even to be EMP.
And so it is,
That scrubs seeketh rent money.

Neoxon

If it happens the real interesting thing will be to see if it really does just become a portal to advertise the MCU.

Aka RIP X-Men
Hope for the X-Men in MvC4 have gone up thanks to Marvel & Fox's relationship improving. As mentioned earlier, there's a rumor going around that Marvel's gonna ease up on the restrictions next year (with Avengers Academy being first in line). If this & the MvC4 rumors are true, hopefully Capcom got their list from Marvel after they had their change-of-heart.

Aka RIP X-Men
X-Men is basically 90% of the most famous Marvel side fighting game characters, no way that would happen.

Besides, 3 was already a MCU showcase. That's why we got characters like Dr Strange and Rocket Raccoon

NotLiquid

bring back my main man Spencer

I somehow doubt he's going to return because of the franchise falling back into dormancy and that makes me sad cause it's the most excited I'd ever been for a fighting game chara announcement alongside the third party Smash stuff

Elbereth

Yes, indeed, it is called Marvel,
Where the transitory lands of the Gods of Marvel converge.
In venturing west, pilgrims discover the truth of the old words.
The hype fades and the gods go without thrones.
When the hype is threatened, the bell tolls,
Unearthing the old Gods of Marvel from their DX Racer's:
Justin Wong, Master of the Wong Factor.
Norcal's Ryan Ramirez, the Filipino champion,
and the reclusive lord of the of the cheap stuff,
Local Battle's Chris G.

Only in truth the Gods will abandon their chairs
and the scrubs will rise
Nameless dirty scrubs,
Unfit even to be EMP.
And so it is,
That scrubs seeketh rent money.

The ode of the Marvelous

Eolz

It's making about $25+ million a month.

I think Marvel would probably want a heavily updated fighting game under the service game model on consoles to complement that. I just don't know if it would be Capcom or someone else they would do it with, since they have a few options (Namco, Capcom, Iron Galaxy, or maybe even just convincing Kabam to make a more complex fighter for consoles as well).

Yep. From Disney's past decisions, they probably would like a Marvel only fighter before a VS Capcom. Wouldn't be as important for esports, but in terms of possible revenues...

Anth0ny

don't care if it's all MCU on the marvel side as long as Magneto, Storm, Wolvie and Sent's movesets carry over somehow

shouldn't be that hard

IS MAHVEL BABY
This is fake as fuck.
But if true, I'd rather a Marvel Super Heroes 2 or a proper Capcom All Stars.

JPS Kai

X-Men is basically 90% of the most famous Marvel side fighting game characters, no way that would happen.

Besides, 3 was already a MCU showcase. That's why we got characters like Dr Strange and Rocket Raccoon

Yet no Black Panther or Jessica Jones.

HmmmmmmmmM~

JDMC13

As someone with no familiarity with fighting games, won't this cannibalize sales and community for Street Fighter V since that just came out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom