• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Playstation Vita; HDMI port, 4G, memory card price cut

test_account

XP-39C²
Hoping for a 64GB memorycard the most. Folder can be nice too, but i still got much space left before i reach the 100 icon limit.

As a huge fan of the Vita, I hope Sony brings the ruckus and annonces a hardware and memory card price drop. They need to get the Vita in more hands.

0.jpg

Also if the revision does have HDMI out and a better battery I will be picking up a second unit.

tzare

i guess that a hw revision means sony has plans for the vita, and won't be abandoning it anytime soon. good news. hdmi out is nice, maybe i will sell mine to get the new one

No one buys the 3G and no one will buy the 4 G. Odd decision. Memory needs to drop ASAP and a 4 gig needs to come with the system outside of bundles.

stryke

Strange thing is though that "new" design is remarkably similar to the Vita devkits. I do wonder what the USB port is for though. Seems kinda redundant.

pWOY3.jpg

(taken from Wololo)

HDMI out would have been nice but I'd probably use it once for novelty's sake and be done with it. Great news for those that record and upload gaming footage.

I don't know why people are complaining about no price drop for the system. If memory card prices are going down (and I hope they go down significantly), I'm good with no price drop on the system itself.

Erethian

ugh

First of either 3DS or Vita to get a price drop I will buy. This does not constitute a price drop.

The console generation was all about the "value add" rather than actual price drops, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised if this rumour ends up true.

Can´t be true, there is no way Sony is this retarded.

I would like to hope so as well. Clearly the 3G unit wasn't selling and it had nothing to do with it not being 4G and everything to do with it was $299 and if you wanted to use the 3G it was an additional $15 a month. With 4G people still wouldn't buy it.

1st priority should be to get the WiFi system to $199 with a 4GB card bundled with each purchase.

Capture/Stream.

OK. I can see why you'd want it, but I don't believe that's something most potential buyers are interested in.

Edit: I'm not against a SKU that has such bells and whistles, I just don't want it to be used to substitute a proper price drop.

Suirrad

As a huge fan of the Vita, I hope Sony brings the ruckus and annonces a hardware and memory card price drop. They need to get the Vita in more hands.

Also if the revision does have HDMI out and a better battery I will be picking up a second unit.

Came here to post this. I feel exactly the same and wouldnt mind picking up another one expecially if a different color is available at launch. Also, I've been waiting on a memory card price drop to grab a 32gb. Hopefully, the drop in price comes before the actual hardware.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
You know, I think this is just a patent for the dev kit.

I can't find the specific patent myself, but Patent Bolt says it was filed Q3 2011 which is ages ago.

luffeN

Nah, JH said that we "are right" in thinking what it is on the 20th. Maybe this one will get announced too.

HDMI out means tie-in with PS4 confirmed.

I indeed expect that the general specs won't change so that they gonna price drop the current Wi-Fi version and replace the 3G with the 4G version.

Useless revision, really. I don't get why people get handheld... to play them on TV. Come on, it's called a home console.
They just better drop the price of both hardware and memory cards. Also 4G ? What's the point ?

Top Bottom