• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nexus 5 to launch at $299(16GB), $399(32GB, 2300mAh battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moka

Gotta agree.

The iPhone and Nexus lines are the only decent ones.

Fuck Touch Wiz and every other bloated and ugly os that manufacturers use to ruin their phone.

God that's so ugly. Stock all the way!

3jNOBbQ.jpg

linkboy

Looking forward to this. Currently have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and I'm happy with the phone still, but the monthly bills are just too damn high compared to a pre-paid plan. Even a $400 Nexus 5 would pay for itself in bill savings in less than a year. Planning on getting a Nexus 5 and making the switch to the $30 T-Mo plan when my contract is up in December.

That's pretty much what I did, just with a Nexus 4 and Straight Talk (only have AT&T here in Montana and AIO hadn't gone national yet), and I couldn't be happier.

Phone works great and I'm much happier then I was with my 4S and my bill is a lot cheaper. As soon as my wife is off contract, she's going to do the same thing.

Dunlop

I'm allowing myself one gadget purchase this year.

Currently have a PS4 on preorder, as time passes it occurs to me I don't really want it lol.

If I am able to snag a Nexus 5 if it launches next week then that will by my toy...if I have to wait months with it on backorder I will cave and keep the PS4. Being canadian I am not that hopeful as much as I love Google they are assholes to us

I am just praying they confirm it for LTE

That's fantastic pricing. I've thoroughly enjoyed my Nexus 4, this is a no-brainer upgrade for me. Will probably spring for the 32 gig model.

Really early build, but I was desperate to see inside Google Photos as it seems to replace the gallery (EDIT maybe not in this video but in the Tuttoandroid leaks)

Spinluck

Damn the phone looks great, the build quality looks nice. Looks much better to hold in hand, will an awesome upgrade for me (coming from S3).

Might sell my S4 and get this instead. I can probably pocket $100 if this is going legitimately for $299 and I'll have a more powerful phone.

reKon

Banned
Not sure why so few people understand that. Its completely obvious after you use a phone with it on the bottom and top that the bottom is better.

yep, I'd say that's one annoying thing about the HTC One one.

For me it's three things hardware wise:

1) Size (it's a pretty tall phone and I the galaxy nexus was easier for one handed use)
2) Headphone jack location
3) The notification light, which is pretty much useless because you barely see the thing

Other than that, the battery life is good, the screen is flawless, the design/style is outstanding, and the performance is consistently great on Sense w/ Nova launcher OR stock android.

I definitely just went off tangent, but yeah top headphone jacks suck

Not sure why so few people understand that. Its completely obvious after you use a phone with it on the bottom and top that the bottom is better.

i dunno man, it takes a minimal amount of skill to take a phone out of a pocket and have it right side up by the time it's in optimal viewing distance, while it makes it impossible to prop the device in portrait mode with headphones in...

Spinluck

Yea. I'll admit that this is annoying as hell with my S3.

Is $250 a good asking price for a year old S3? I want to get the 32GB one.

Iacobellis

You don't place your phone upside down in your pocket, so it is better for it to be on top.

No... At least not with iDevices. With the headphone jack on top, you're putting the phone in your pocket upside down. As you pull your phone out of your pocket, the screen isn't the correct orientation.

Exis

Question, I have to go to Ireland from time to time- would i be able to still slip a sim card in this and be good to go? They don't have LTE yet over there.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Having trouble understand the phone-in-pocket orientation talk. Upside down in your pocket?

Question, I have to go to Ireland from time to time- would i be able to still slip a sim card in this and be good to go? They don't have LTE yet over there.

Should be fine.

TwIsTeD

I need this to get announced tuesday and get released same day....definitely want it before my trip to see Mickey Mouse haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom