• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Ni No Kuni 2 headed to Xbox One (IGN ESPAÑA)

Balfour

Good news for Xbox One players. If it's enhanced by the X, that makes it an especially compelling buy.

It will have at least whatever the Pro gets. I can't see them going the extra mile unless they are asked/given money to do it. The only thing I see it having is Native 4k over Pro. If that

Mr Moose

It will have at least whatever the Pro gets. I can't see them going the extra mile unless they are asked/given money to do it. The only thing I see it having is Native 4k over Pro. If that

Not if it doesn't come out for Xbox One... Which is quite likely.

You guys are crazy, I love it lol.

Hopefully there won't be a Welsh troll thing, that annoying little bastard.

Shiggy

It's owned by Level-5, but Ni No Kuni 2's publishing is being handled by Namco, so that probably helps with getting it on X-box. Level-5 probably wouldn't have done it otherwise

Namco Bandai only handles the localisation and Western release. In Japan, Level 5 is publishing the game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If this does indeed comes out on Xbox One, Xbox owners better support this if they want more JRPG on their system.

Begaria

Well it's looking less likely now lol

Never say never, but there's a lot of things that just don't add up in this rumor.

1. Level-5 hasn't done anything with Xbox since their one attempt with True Fantasy Live Online, but a fair decent amount with Playstation, and a ton with Nintendo.

2. It's likely Bandai Namco convinced Level-5 to do a PC port based on Bandai Namco's own success on PC, why wait 9 months to announce another port of the game when they announced the PC port back in January? Especially when we're now 3 months out from the release of the PS4/PC version.

3. If another console were to be added, it'd be far more likely the Switch would get a version given its immediate success out of the gate, and the series actually started on a Nintendo device.

But hey, who knows. Phil Spencer could be one hell of a smooth talker.

I think some people here are going to feel pretty silly/salty if it does come out. Like i said i sure hope it does. Though i am concerned that this one is lacking ghibli's touch.

labaronx

Never say never, but there's a lot of things that just don't add up in this rumor.

1. Level-5 hasn't done anything with Xbox since their one attempt with True Fantasy Live Online.

2. It's likely Bandai Namco convinced Level-5 to do a PC port based on Bandai Namco's own success on PC, why wait 9 months to announce another port of the game when they announced the PC port back in January?

3. If another console were to be added, it'd be far more likely the Switch would get a version given its immediate success out of the gate, and the series actually started on a Nintendo device.

But hey, who knows. Phil Spencer could be one hell of a smooth talker.

On top of us seeing these same type of articles for nioh, neir, star ocean, it would probably best to not be too optimistic about a single rumor

labaronx

Good thing I'm fully expecting this to be nonsense and I just hope either MS or Bamco can just give some clarity soon.

Doubt either will anytime soon

Microsoft will not deny such a positive rumor,

And if a switch version (my guess late fall 2018) exsist and not an xb1, they'll want to avoid the backlash.

What about those cinematics? The first game was elevated tremendously when those amazing Ghibli cutscenes were playing, that's what I fear will be gone completely

To be fair, in the original they were already basically "gone completely" after the first few hours. :(

Fisty

To be fair, in the original they were already basically "gone completely" after the first few hours. :(

I mean obviously they weren't going to make 60+ minutes of animation for the game, but they added a ton of flavor to the world. Kind of like how FFVII cutscenes showed you closer to what the game-world actually looked like. And that style... I would take 30 minutes of Ghibli over 3 hours of Blur cutscenes

We're going into November soon and this game is out in January and people think this is just going to be a "Surprise, its on Xbox too" the day before release or something? Ain't happening.

I mean obviously they weren't going to make 60+ minutes of animation for the game, but they added a ton of flavor to the world. Kind of like how FFVII cutscenes showed you closer to what the game-world actually looked like. And that style... I would take 30 minutes of Ghibli over 3 hours of Blur cutscenes

Haha, yeah no I totally get you. Just ribbing. I thought the fact that the cutscenes (and VO) dried up over time was a downer but they absolutely were an amazing part of the game. I have to admit I'm hoping they're able to make up for it with bigger, beefier in-game cutscenes. Some of the little animations they had looked amazing so I hope having "realtime Ghibli" scenes is what they're going for.

Mr Moose

We're going into November soon and this game is out in January and people think this is just going to be a "Surprise, its on Xbox too" the day before release or something? Ain't happening.

5pe2gJv.jpg

As much as I think this is bullshit, the game deserves as much sales as possible. Still going with FAKE NEW though.

Fisty

Haha, yeah no I totally get you. Just ribbing. I thought the fact that the cutscenes (and VO) dried up over time was a downer but they absolutely were an amazing part of the game. I have to admit I'm hoping they're able to make up for it with bigger, beefier in-game cutscenes. Some of the little animations they had looked amazing so I hope having "realtime Ghibli" scenes is what they're going for.

Yeah reading the article posted above it seems Ghibli has transitioned away from being an animation house anyway, so the cinematics would be gone regardless lol. Agreed about the realtime stuff though, they definitely nailed the Ghibli style and probably offer the closest 3D polygons could get to that visual aesthetic. I'll settle for those, a traditional overworld, and the music lol

mindatlarge

Think they're hoping for a release down the road, not day one. Seems to be what the rumor is centered around. Personally, it doesn't seem likely, but who knows? Hopefully it's true so more people will get to play it though.

The whole digital only bit is what I think makes this a bit more likely. Given the niche of this genre and Microsoft’s minimum production rule it just fits with how we know they operate. Plus that Phil trip only adds to it being likely. Could be wrong though. I would like to see them have a digital Japanese game push. go get games that wouldn’t otherwise sell enough to justify mass production made at least digitally on Xbox. Or better yet, get rid of that dumb ass production rule altogether. But this rumor doesn’t line up with that happening.

Edit: missed that tweet that just destroyed my post lol so nevermind.

Jawmuncher

I'll be that guy. If this is happening it'd obviously be later than the PS4 and PC release. Dunno why anyone would expect it before or on the release of those two. Aside from that they're not gonna confirm a brand new platform on twitter that someone might essentially be paying for.

I still doubt it's happening and it's exclusion from Xbox doesn't affect me since I can still play it on my PC or PS4. But I don't think that comment is the final nail in the coffin per se but it definitely should quiet the talk on this until it either happens or we all forget about it.

Nephtes

Said it in the other thread, I'll say it in this one...

I wasn't interested in Ni No Kuni 2 before, but I'll buy this on XOne to support more Japanese games showing up on the system. (And this is coming from someone who also owns a PS4...)

Top Bottom