• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Nintendo will have a surprise game at APEX 2015

ugoo18

Metroid...... why, seems like the least likely and generally most bizarre place to reveal Metroid of all things.

Melee HD.... why, why would they even make that when Smash 4 hasn't been out for that long and they're trying to push it competitively. Besides i seriously doubt Sakurai would want to remake Melee of all Smash bros games after he went so far to get away from it with Brawl.

Splatoon and Pokken are the most realistic options.

L95

I consider my ineptitude at guessing random things a blessing.

So I will say I have no idea what to expect :D

Man, it'd be so cool if Splatoon is actually a legit eSport. Like, the second-coming of Counter Strike. But with squids & pop-punk sea anemones.

Vena

Gonna say its Splatoon. Nintendo is definitely pushing for this to be their next big franchise and I hope they succeed.

It will be Splatoon with a retro-arcade machine within the game on which you can play Melee HD within which will be a mode that lets you play Masterpiece Smash 64 within which will be a mode that lets you play Pong.

Hatchtag

Banned
It's probably going to be Splatoon unfortunately.

Nintendo showing they'll strongly support a new IP is incredible news. I'd be damn happy with Splatoon. Hell, Ninty could have three big esports games with Smash, Splatoon, and Pokken if they play their cards right.

Fandangox

I am keeping my expectations in check, so at the MINIMUM its probably going to be a new F-Zero with 30 racera online, voice chat, custom tracks, and 20 dollar bills come bundle with every game.

WillyFive

The only way they will make a Melee HD is for the next gen console, it would kill smash 4 to much.

I really doubt anyone but the niche Melee crowd would drop a better, more feature-rich and polished Smash for the old Gamecube one. They'd certainly buy it for nostalgia assuming they even played Melee while growing up, but it won't even dent the new Smash.

Hatchtag

Banned
The only way they will make a Melee HD is for the next gen console, it would kill smash 4 to much.

Not if they're smart about it. If they're smart about it, bundle it with Melee-inspired DLC for Smash 4 (Melee stages, the clones, maybe Ice Climbers) and it'll keep both alive.

Alchemy

I'm a huge Pokemon fan... and couldn't care less about Pokken Fighters. Melee HD isn't going to happen but I can dream.

JoeInky

A game that's not even ready for arcades. No way they'll have a console build already.

Well then anything else Smash related would be a better fit.

I dunno I'm just really not interested in seeing an exhibition game for Splatoon or whatever. I'm only interested in the single player for that game anyway.

-Horizon-

It will be Splatoon with a retro-arcade machine within the game on which you can play Melee HD within which will be a mode that lets you play Masterpiece Smash 64 within which will be a mode that lets you play Pong.

77316-shocked-cat-WHOA-gif-Imgur-Ia81.gif

Nothing, but It's not really something I'd be interested in hearing about/watching at a Smash event, I think Pokken would be a much better fit.

They're not going to fly over what's basically going to be an early beta arcade game just for this event.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Mewtwo, something else Smash related or Splatoon. I'm betting the first or third of those options. I think doing Splatoon related things at APEX would be a cool way to get some attention of the eSports community.

Like I said in the other thread. Pokken seems more like something for next years Apex.
Splatoon and/or Mewtwo seems much more likely of this rumor is true

Highly doubt it is a "melee HD". Most we would get on that front would be melee stages bundled with/releasing same time mew two does.

More seriously, I feel pretty confident it is splatoon. Seems like a typical Nintendo thing to do. Hyped to see more if that's what it is.

Busaiku

Nintendo's the sponsor for this event, not Pokemon or Bandai Namco.
The only times Nintendo gets involved with marketing of Pokemon is when they release a game, otherwise it's handled by Pokemon.

It's unlikely to be Pokken.

hatchx

Banned
Do they? The announcement video has like 2.6 million views on the Western Pokemon Youtube channel.

Nintendo showing anything new at APEX is more or less a surprise. Unless they were coy to show off the previous trailer and say 'coming soon' or something.

It's more than likely Pokken, seeing as they are announcing a bunch of new Pokken stuff on Jan.23rd, I can see them showing a little bit more a week later. Even a WiiU late 2015 announcement would make me pretty happy.

Busaiku

Again, at this point, Nintendo are not involved with Pokken at all, besides having ownership of the franchise.
They are not developing it, they are not marketing it, and they are not publishing it (Bandai Namco is publishing the arcade release).

Crayolan

Pokken would make the most sense for a fighting game venue, but since this is Nintendo I'm expecting Splatoon..no wait,Kirby and Rainbow Curse...no wait, Mario Party 10....no wait, GOT IT, Codename STEAM. Free
bent sword
Marth amiibos for everyone!

Sandfox

Nintendo showing anything new at APEX is more or less a surprise. Unless they were coy to show off the previous trailer and say 'coming soon' or something.

It's more than likely Pokken, seeing as they are announcing a bunch of new Pokken stuff on Jan.23rd, I can see them showing a little bit more a week later. Even a WiiU late 2015 announcement would make me pretty happy.

There's no way they announce or release a Wii U version this year. We could see a new trailer though.

TriBlade

Splatoon is a good guess but it could also be Devil's Third too since it has a heavy focus on multi-player. Or it could be both?

Top Bottom