• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly40

Repurposing rumors he read elsewhere and parading it around as if he was told by a source himself isn't quite the same, if ZhugeEX is to be believed

Why does Zhuge hold so much sway here? He always seemed a bit self-promoting, and I'm guessing there must be a good reason why he is still banned?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
IN CONCLUSION

We know (from Emily) that the NX specs are "good".
We know (from LCGeek) that the CPU is NX >>> XBO >> PS4

That is all.

Yep. Anything else is rubbish. Second hand rumours trading as insider knowledge.

So basically this entire thread has been a sham of misinformation passed back and forth on the interwebs and maybe that one account on twitter is the only somewhat believable source on anything NX, and the info on NX to come out of that twitter has been not much at all besides ports and vague power level.

Go internet.

I'm torn between what I think the gimmick is. I think it's either:

A) Haptic feedback and vitality sensor holsters built into the controller

or

B) The TV attachment that made things appear to onlookers to project out of a 2D screen that Nintendo patented a while back.

I kinda doubt it'll be either of those, as the major "gimmick" of the past three Nintendo consoles (including 3DS) have not been disclosed in patents before the reveal. If they are so serious about keeping this a secret so that no one steals the idea (per Iwata) then I doubt it'll be something that's publicly available knowledge.

I would love if we could steer this thread to a gimmick speculation thread though, as it seems to be remaining open as the catch-all NX speculation thread.

MK_768

That's my approach when it comes to such stuff. I shared that I had heard the Wii U => NX ports once things started to be discussed. Beyond that, I never share what I hear early because I rather people learn of it in a conference instead of a leak.

Same here. It's much more pleasing to see people be hyped over something shown off in a direct or whatever. We're getting near the home stretch.

notaskwid

What did he do to get banned? Do you know?
No, I don't know.
I'm just saying that he probably isn't the most reliable person, that's all.
I read the post and sounded like he was whining from being "stolen" although he presents no real proof too of what he is saying.

Nah, we have IndieGamerGirl with NX > PS4 on the whole package, iirc, and no one has shot that down either.

We have three credible points that have not been challenged, I summed them up before in my long-winded post.

So, the credibility of Zelda and Smash is in doubt?

Neoxon

Nintendo will show off the NX hardware in a Direct whenever they are supposed to have their presentation.

Then there will be playable games for the system on the show floor.

So basically, we will hear about the NX at E3 :p
Then where would they talk about the games? They'd be putting too much at risk if Nintendo saves everything for E3 (not to mention a potentially-overstuffed presentation). It also wouldn't leave Nintendo too much time to hype up the platform.

Hoje0308

Banned
Zhuge is banned from GAF as far as I know, so I don't see why people are calling for 10K's head based on whatever he says.

What kind of logic is that? A ban doesn't mean you aren't credible.(Look at all the shit people have been eating courtesy of random "insiders.")

See also: every NPD thread.

Then where would they talk about the games? They'd be putting too much at risk if Nintendo saves everything for E3 (not to mention a potentially-overstuffed presentation). It also wouldn't leave Nintendo too much time to hype up the platform.

Don't forget that during E3, they will have Treehouse Live but this time, it will expand to 70 days straight.

BuggyMike

No, I don't know.
I read the post and sounded like he was whining from being "stolen" although he presents no real proof too of what he is saying.

You dont even know what he was banned for? If he wasnt banned for dishonesty then I dont know where your mistrust is coming from. Nothing in his post requires trusting his word with no proof, he gave us clear reasoning and proof that we should not take most of 10k's rumors seriously. He included screenshots of different conversations and DMs. Are you suggesting that he fabricated all of this and faked the DM pictures? Seems like a lot of trouble with not much gain.

ozfunghi

EIther gaf didn't verify 10k's sources anywhere near thouroughly enough. Or 10k didn't provide anywhere near enough context regarding the way he found the info (as Nirolak asked).

Hopefully it won't reflect poorly on gaf.

MCN

Banned
10k: "Hey guys, here are some rumours I've heard"
NeoGAF 163 pages later: "WTF, these are just rumours! 10k lied to us!"

Although I'd hope they don't wait until E3 for everything, they could easily fit all NX content in that show. They're going to do a Digital Event (or maybe a conference?), Treehouse coverage for three days, and likely a few roundtable discussions. They have more than enough time to present everything during that week.

I'm not saying that would be the smartest idea, but it is certainly possible.

Why does Zhuge hold so much sway here? He always seemed a bit self-promoting, and I'm guessing there must be a good reason why he is still banned?

I literally have no clue who Zhuge is beyond today's events, but given the fact that he has screencaps, I'm inclined to believe him in this case

No, I don't know.

Being banned from Neogaf tells you literally nothing about a person's character

Neoxon

Although I'd hope they don't wait until E3 for everything, they could easily fit all NX content in that show. They're going to do a Digital Event (or maybe a conference?), Treehouse coverage for three days, and likely a few roundtable discussions. They have more than enough time to present everything during that week.

I'm not saying that would be the smartest idea, but it is certainly possible.
Don't forget that during E3, they will have Treehouse Live but this time, it will expand to 70 days straight.
But Treehouse Live wouldn't necessarily be the place to reveal games for the first time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Come on--the problem isn't this. The problem is the fact that he acted like he had people sending him this information as if he were some sort of messenger. ZHuge makes it pretty clear that isn't what was happening.

But Treehouse Live wouldn't necessarily be the place to reveal games for the first time.

True. They could do brief reveals in a Direct and go into detail afterwards.

I don't necessarily think they'll save everything for E3 though, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

The_Lump

Banned
Let's give 10K the benefit of the doubt guys: he wasn't trying to be deceptive. He said clear as day, right at the start, that these were rumours and to take with a pinch of salt.

I'm willing to believe any implication of rumours/tweets as facts was not done with any intention to deceive and was inadvertent. 10K seems like a genuine dude and not an attention seeker. No need to turn this into a witch hunt.

ozfunghi

While he did state to take them with a grain of salt, and being just rumors, he wasn't completely honest about his "sources" though. Copy/pasting a tweet from another user is not the same as "having a source".

Let's give 10K the benefit of the doubt guys: he wasn't trying to be deceptive. He said clear as day, right at the start, that these were rumours and to take with a pinch of salt.

I'm willing to believe any implication of rumours/tweets as facts was not done with any intention to deceive and was inadvertent. 10K seems like a genuine dude and not an attention seeker. No need to turn this into a witch hunt.

I don't agree. He made it look like he had sources. Not just copy/pasting unverified stuf he found on the web. What's next? One of his sources was the Reddit guy?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
HAHAHA. You're really falling for this for the fourth generation in a row?

Many of us were not, no. Many pointed out that our expectations were low and that there were red flags with the information.

This.

Thats not the bad thing. It is taking "rumors" and pretend you heard them from a source when you just took them from someone else without asking him where he heard about that. :/ You just don't do that. Especially in that phase before E3 and a console launch. It is making everything worse...

Averon

Like I said before, people who actually know what's what aren't going around teasing it on sites like NeoGAF because they value their jobs more that getting "e-cred" online.

Joqu

Come on--the problem isn't this. The problem is the fact that he acted like he had people sending him this information as if he were some sort of messenger. ZHuge makes it pretty clear that isn't what was happening.

Again it still seems pretty clear to me he does have people sending him information in addition to that. Not that we know if that info is any good.

But if the ZHuge thing is what takes for people to become more sceptical regarding any of these NX rumours really, then that's only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom