• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Obscure chinese site leaks 'updated' Wii U Specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Google translate:

Wii U- processor IBM PowerPC 32-bit, four IBM the Power7 core, 8 thread. Computing ability 200GFLOPS about.

Wii U-graphics system using AMD's 40nm GPUs, Radeon HD 6800-based Barts core VLIW5 architecture, 1120 5D stream processors, the approximately 2TFLOPS of computing power.

Wii U-Built-in 2GB shared memory , hard drive , integrated CD-ROM drive.

To Epic to put pressure on Nintendo to require Wii U-support DX11 and UE4 engine rumors, apparently Barts level 6800 series graphics cards can run UE4 1080p.

Source.

Only CD-ROM drive, Nintendo failing again. :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
idmuajLFLZirF.gif

Thraktor

Unless Nintendo is planning to pull the industry's biggest ever bait-and-switch with developers, I think it's safe to ignore this rumour.

DieH@rd

Banned
GPU looks too good to be true. Radeon 4xxx was rumored for a long time. Also, power8 cpu is too good to be true.

Im not biting this rumor...

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Please if there ever was a rumor that I wanted to be true this is the one... PLEASE NINTENGOD let it be true...

-KRS-

This is just silly. A 32-bit CPU in this day and age? And DX11? Don't they know that's Microsoft's own proprietary technology? It wont be in anything other than Windows and Xbox. CD-ROM drive? Fake as fake can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom