• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Obscure chinese site leaks 'updated' Wii U Specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdtauk

Everything seems possible except the CD Drive. We know its plays Wii games, so it must be DVD at least, but in fact Dev Kits supposedly have Blu-Ray drives.

gogogow

So the presence of a CD-ROM drive didn't tip you off that this was bollocks?

Haha!
No Dvd drive? BS.

This is just silly. A 32-bit CPU in this day and age? And DX11? Don't they know that's Microsoft's own proprietary technology? It wont be in anything other than Windows and Xbox. CD-ROM drive? Fake as fake can be.

Yeah, I don't want a CD-ROM drive on the Wii U.

Wii U - It can't even play DVDs anymore.

Uhm...dudes, that's a google tranlation, since when were they correct?

光驅 is a abbreviation for 光盤驅動器, which means optical disc drive, could be CD/DVD/BD whatever drive.

Orayn

Everything seems possible except the CD Drive. We know its plays Wii games, so it must be DVD at least, but in fact Dev Kits supposedly have Blu-Ray drives.

Plus, y'know, Google Translate.

EDIT: Simulposted/beaten by gogogow.

The claims about Epic and UE4 at 1080P sound dubious, but the specs aren't implausible.

I called my Gamestop manager and confirmed the specs.

He also told me that the wii-u will be release the week after E3. Like all apple products.

Ha that would be hilarious if Nintendo designed an actual hardcore graphically competitive next gen console and then threw a CD-ROM drive in there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rumors, rumors everywhere.

Do we really have to wait for June 5th for anything official?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom