• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Persona 2 and 4 Remake in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update:

A pretty reputable Persona and general Sega leaker has claimed that a Persona 2 and 4 Remake are in the works at Atlus.

Whomever I'm a Hero Too followed up saying P2 isn't a remake but a remaster for both parts.

Source

Last edited:

Power Pro

Persona 4 remake...

Black Widow Avengers GIF

Reaseru

Well, Persona 4 is a no brainer. The Persona series will only move foward under the supervision of Katsura Hashino, and has long he's entertained with Metaphor, P-Studio will fill that void in production with remakes the fans have been asking for years.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The Persona series will only move foward under the supervision of Katsura Hashino
Hashino will no longer work on Persona, that’s why he made Studio Zero….he moved on, same way original team moved on after Persona 1 and Persona 2 IN/EP.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What's wrong with 4 Golden ?
It's totally ok gameplay-wise and graphics are ok.
P5’s actually crafted dungeons are much better than the procedural ones in P4. Not sure they would change that but just running through random corridors is way more boring. There’s a lot of other QOL stuff too that I see they’ve implemented in P3R that I could see going into it too. Don’t get me wrong, I love P4G but it’s dated, and if they want to give it some updates, I’d give it another play.

Well this is good news for me since I haven't played Person 4 Golden yet (was waiting for the Switch physical release) so I guess might as well wait for the remake now.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Persona 2 would be interesting, never played it.

Now P4 it's my least favourite persona, so easy pass.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Why remaster 2 but remake 4? Kind of backwards.
Persona 2 is very old game and very different game than P3-5, I don’t think Atlus is willing to spend that much resource to make entire from ground up.

in Honestly you don’t want that, remaster and some QOL is more than enough for Persona 2.

Mokus

4 I understand, but why is 2 only getting a remaster? If anything, that's the one that needs a remake no?
Persona 2 actually came out in two parts but in the west we never got it both on the same platform. More precisely one part came out on the PlayStation One and the other part on the PSP. So getting the whole game as a
remake after such a long time would be very good.

But of course, I also want a P4 remake as soon as possible.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I tried playing the first half of P2 when it came out on PSP but found it an absolute chore. It also prominently features characters and references stuff from P1 which I hadn't played.

If all three games are available I'd give the it another shot after finishing the first game.

FingerBang

Don't expect these games to come out any time soon. Atlus takes its sweet time with those games. I heard P3R was already in production or pre-production in 2019 (with P6). Wouldn't be shocked to see P4R to be released around the same time the next-gen drops

Well if Persona 3 remake is there, makes sense that Persona 4 too. Though P3 still looks good I think.

But it is amazing to see how productive Sega these days. They release a lot of games and fast.

Last edited:

yurqqa

P5’s actually crafted dungeons are much better than the procedural ones in P4. Not sure they would change that but just running through random corridors is way more boring. There’s a lot of other QOL stuff too that I see they’ve implemented in P3R that I could see going into it too. Don’t get me wrong, I love P4G but it’s dated, and if they want to give it some updates, I’d give it another play.
Yes, but if they will completely recreate the dungeons so that it's hand crafted and not procedural, then they can just as well spend some more time and budget on it and create ful-scale Persona 6.

Danjin44

Unicorn Overlord is only being published by Atlus and is developed by Vanillaware.
I know that but my point was Atlus is releasing/publishing two new IPs this year, as long as they continue to do that I don’t mind they release remaster/remakes of their older titles.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

P2 would be cool since I haven't played it but P4 ain't worth it for me since I didn't care for it that much.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I prefer a remake of 2, had enough of the school life.
Currently playing through P3 Reload, and its exhausting.

Exactly this. I refunded P3R on PC because I just realized it was the same game I had already dumped hundreds of hours in its sequels. Nothing in P3R is done better than the other modern games. A full blown remake of those sounds a lot better than remaking a game that was just released on PC.

. . .I mean, if they are into remaking games to fit a wider audience: how about remaking the funking games you've got on the DS Atlus? I bet a ton of people would love to play Strange Journey or the SMT IV story on a console with updated graphics and a "modern" design approach.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Enough with all these goddamn remakes FFS!

Persona 2 I'm cool with..I've never played it and many havent. It's a much older and a remake of it would feel fresh.

Persona 4 though isn't so pressing and the current version feels to play and looks fine with the Golden Remaster.

saintjules

This is just another case of people confused with what is a remaster versus a remake.

Remaster = re-polish of the existing work.

Remake = changes and add-ons to the original structure.

I love Persona 2, but can we PLEASE make NEW games? Jesus christ...

Again, Atlus back in the PlayStation 2 days released a total of 7 NEW Shin Megami Tensei games, including P3 and 4.

Also, Persona 2 has already been remade. The PSP version, is a remake of the original. And it's a really good version, that offers both the original soundtrack, and new revision of that soundtrack.

Isn't Persona 4 Golden enough? Are people really that vapid that everything needs to be a new shiny version of a thing that was already definitive?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yes, but if they will completely recreate the dungeons so that it's hand crafted and not procedural, then they can just as well spend some more time and budget on it and create ful-scale Persona 6.
I bet they can do both 🫠

Top Bottom