• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

Prologue

OMFG.

September/October launch confirmed!!!

Release date is very soon = what I read as October, which is only 2 months away.

Good, good.

September. Its in the stars and will release with GTA 4

seinfeld2020kramer20scrsu0.gif

nib95

Banned
Makes sense, a few of their exclusives get a small window to sell before the crowded big releases. Then they have Battlefield 4 all to themselves from the 25th October, and Assassin's Creed Black Flags from October 30th. My guess is the Xbox One launches early November, maybe 5th, to coincide with Call of Duty Ghost's release date, launching later than that would be a big loss. Watch Dogs afaik is a late November release.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Release date is being announced next week. It was held because Japan was still being confirmed and they couldn't announce it confidently as early as June. Not to mention various other issues. It has little to do with MS. The release is very soon so MS wouldn't really be able to react regardless, but no specific date could be announced in confidence either a couple months ago.

3665909_o.gif

Pop

Release date is being announced next week. It was held because Japan was still being confirmed and they couldn't announce it confidently as early as June. Not to mention various other issues. It has little to do with MS. The release is very soon so MS wouldn't really be able to react regardless, but no specific date could be announced in confidence either a couple months ago.

DieH@rd

Banned
It's hard to believe that just the other day the PS4 was just a rumored thing called Orbis. Now it's ready for prime time and Sony has accomplished what every gaming fan wanted out of a system. Good times to be around.

Same thing happened with NGP. When Sony announced that it will cost the same as 3DS, minds were blown. :D

yes yes YES!! :)

Why don't you buy enough amazon credit and just let it chill in your account until the ps4 ships? Just keep buying gift cards until you have enough.

You can purchase gift cards and apply them to your order. It is what I have done for the PS4 and plan to start doing for the One.

Just realize if for whatever reason your preorder goes through, you will only have that money on Amazon. I purchase enough there for it not to be an issue regardless, and it should wind up being fine, but that is how it will work.

In regards to this rumor, would be nice if true. You would think regardless of when it is, we should get an announcement officially sometime soon.

you guys saved my PS4 thanks for the tip :)

MogCakes

This is going to be a hell of a holiday battle. More so than PS vs Xbox, I'm just interested in seeing all the consoles sell decently enough for a good start to the next gen (and in Wii U's case a revival).

@scalpers-defending-themselves-from-criticism: lol! People have a negative perception of scalping, it's not hard to understand. I can see why they would try to defend themselves, not exactly flattering to be called a shady merchant, even though as people who exploit launch day products to rip other people off for personal profit that's exactly what they are, capitalism-certified or not.

e_i

They better not announce for September. There are three Vita games I want: Rayman Legens, Ys, and Killzone. And those will eat up my video game money for the month.

Gah. Can't wait for Gamescom. I really think they're going to have a lot if supply and hit many of those countries that MS just bumped to Tier 2. They've timed, done and said everything so well all year. Having ample supply in more territories weeks ahead of the competition would be just the latest step.

This is going to be a hell of a holiday battle. More so than PS vs Xbox, I'm just interested in seeing all the consoles sell decently enough for a good start to the next gen (and in Wii U's case a revival).

@scalpers-defending-themselves-from-criticism: lol! People have a negative perception of scalping, it's not hard to understand. I can see why they would try to defend themselves, not exactly flattering to be called a shady merchant, even though as people who exploit launch day products to rip other people off for personal profit that's exactly what they are, capitalism-certified or not.
it's good for data. third ps4 won't be included in it. how microsoft will conduct their research.

Paganmoon

They better not announce for September. There are three Vita games I want: Rayman Legens, Ys, and Killzone. And those will eat up my video game money for the month.

I would cry tears of joy if they announce September (they won't but still), got my new projector and 117" screen coming in first week of September, and would love to give those babies the PS4 as a playmate right away.

Sid

So you know the games which will be announced at Gamescom?are they pretty big games?

I hope they reveal some new ip for launch because the lineup so far is looking pretty thin. Having said that, the launch lineup doesn't indicate the future of the platform - Vita is a good example of strong launch selection and then pretty dire offerings in the months following.

leehom

I hope it's released in September so Amazon will ship to my current address saving me on taxes. When I move in October, I'll have to pay an extra $34 :(

First I hear early november, then I hear october and now I'm hearing september speculations/hopes.

Well I hope it come out this month then.

Dynedom

My parents are going to Toronto in October. If this launches in October, I'm going to have to sneak a preorder in unless it's too late (which it probably is).

Japan being confirmed for what, release this year?

I've been think about that, too. Heh. So much of what Sony is doing has an underlying current that harks back to PS1 and PS2.

I've posted before that I think Oct is not only possible but probable. That wouldn't be a surprise, in my mind. But Sept would be truly nuts ... And also not likely at all. Would be cool, though!

At this point, I think a November release is actually far fetched.

October seems extremely likely.

Now if they REALLY wanted to kick MS in the balls, release it late September.

Top Bottom