• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So an update, apparently the friend of Cresselia~ on Smogon who is vouching for the leaks and claimed to have seen the list is a major competitive player in the Hong Kong Pokemon scene so there's definitely a reputation to risk at stake that means this probably isn't a rumor fabricated by some nobody just for attention but someone who honestly believes that their source could be accurate.

Dammit Gem, now I have that song in my head again

You say that like it's a bad thing ;D

More concept art of Popplio's third form:
ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png

Neiteio

I can't contain my hype for ash greninja
My hype for Ash Greninja is lessened by my distaste for the anime

I don't know if the cartoon's quality has improved, but even when I was a kid in sixth-grade I criticized the animation and plot of the first season, lol

How about you either dispute the actual arguments I put forth for why, to me, it looks like a Digimon or just not talk about the post?

What argument did you put forth? You posted a picture and nothing else! You have no argument, because there never was an argument for what constitutes a digimon for a pokemon, aside from whether said creature was a digimon vs a pokemon

the animation is nuts this season, dude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh-viNjmjgE

The overall animation is above average for a long running series and close to something like HxH. However, what really improved was the smart implementation of modern techniques like 3D backgrounds. XY(&Z) is excellent in that department and the cinematography overall greatly benefits. Doesn't hurt that the backgrounds in general for 2D and 3D are very pretty on average as one would expect from the studio that made the 1997 Berserk anime. Add in the remixes of Pokemon soundtracks which always been high tier as far as anime soundtracks go and you've got a grand old time in the audio visual department even without the extra frames that a movie budget can get.

Aters

* No Gym Leaders. We've yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we've seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.

Finally Gmaefreak is at least changing something.

The Adder

Banned
What argument did you put forth? You posted a picture and nothing else! You have no argument, because there never was an argument for what constitutes a digimon for a pokemon, aside from whether said creature was a digimon vs a pokemon

So you're blind? Because the post is literally two down from the original. Did someone's opinion cause you to black out in a fit of rage, unable to continue reading until you declared to the high heavens how wrong they were.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
right, and werent pokemon and digimon also both popular in japan at the time? not sure why they wouldnt compare the two, nothing specifically american about comparing two monster collecting franchises

they were, but at the same time mons genre isn't limited to the two (you got stuff like DQ, SMT, etc.), and that the concept of using monsters even predate those games and is pretty much part of their culture.

Hell, fucking ULTRASEVEN (second Ultraman) have monster summons in the form of Capsule Monsters!

it's like furries... except not... I guess?

e105zeta

Neo Member
they were, but at the same time mons genre isn't limited to the two (you got stuff like DQ, SMT, etc.), and that the concept of using monsters even predate those games and is pretty much part of their culture.

Hell, fucking ULTRASEVEN (second Ultraman) have monster summons in the form of Capsule Monsters!

it's like furries... except not... I guess?

Satoshi Tajiri actually cited Ultraseven as the core inspiration for Pokemon. Hence the original title: Capsule Monsters.

Haha, whole time I was watching that I was thinking "If that was my Goodra it'd be non-stop rain so I can abuse hydration", then they call in rainstorm XD
Still annoying to see Ash using incorrect types sometimes though (flying/fighting type vs luxray? really?)
Ash had already used all three pokemon, so he had nothing to lose by keeping Hawlucha in until it fainted by anime rules

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My hype for Ash Greninja is lessened by my distaste for the anime

I don't know if the cartoon's quality has improved, but even when I was a kid in sixth-grade I criticized the animation and plot of the first season, lol

daa.gif

0c2.gif

9e1.gif

764.gif

72d.gif

6b0.gif

077.gif

c68.gif

or you could just watch the fight

Haha, whole time I was watching that I was thinking "If that was my Goodra it'd be non-stop rain so I can abuse hydration", then they call in rainstorm XD
Still annoying to see Ash using incorrect types sometimes though (flying/fighting type vs luxray? really?)
To be fair, the whole Lumiose Gym was less about Ash winning the badge and more on Clemont making sure he satisfied Ash.

No seriously I'm not kidding, that's why he left the team for a while - to train so that he could give Ash something worthy.

The Adder

Banned
Nah. It's got the same kind of proportions Dramon type digimon are often drawn with. Plus all the hard edges. All it really needs is tattered wings and it'd be there.

Further elaborating this point (because I'm now annoyed)

Look at every single Dragon type Pokemon.

Their limbs are almost all fairly even, or their legs are emphasized over their tiny little arms.

The only exceptions to this I can think of (not counting the Dragons with no legs, who still tend to have some stubby arms) are Kyurem Black and Druddigon.

Dramon type Digimon tend to have eiher fairly even limbs, or they have long arms, legs that are stocky and short (or just illustrated in a crouched looking stance). There are far more exceptions to this aesthetic for digimon than the reverse in Pokemon, but it's still the clear majority in Dramon design aesthetic.

You know who else has stocky/crouched legs and long arms?

Druddigon.

Which is why he's the only Pokemon who has looked like a Digimon to me.

(I don't know why Kyurem black doesn't do the same for me, it might be the crystalline structure of its hard edges)

ReiGun

Poor Raichu. It will always be somewhat relevant because it's Pikachu's evolution, but it's doomed to live in the latter's shadow so it will never get anything.

imjust1n

Banned
dam...litten I had so high hopes but...now im not into big fighter looking cat. BUT ROWLET! he looks awesome I might be on team Rowlet now.

I dont want a fire fighting type again, specially for Litten. But fuck, I'm a sucker for wrestler themed pokemon, specially if they are inspired in mexican or japanese masked wrestlers

Why game freak won't use actual music in its main series is beyond me we are going into gen 7 now and we are still hearing midi music

Pokemon makes bank so come on already

Watch Da Birdie

The July before XY in 2013 it was today when the leak hit, and it was pretty substantial so I wouldn't declare a dry month just yet...

Incidentally that issue confirmed a leak by PokeBeach---we had reasons to believe it was true (iirc it guess the English names of a few Pokemon a day or so ahead) but it pretty much solidified it as being more or less legit due to revealing Inkay who nobody could have guessed given its bizarre evolution method.

Ill give you that actually. It's nice to see the grass type look like the cool one this time around. But the water and fire evos are just so bad. They dont look badass at all.

Ah screw it, Rowlet looks incredible in all evolutions. There is something really badass about an owl, and also something majestic. If it means sacrificing the fire and starter type, so be it. But man is Litten's evolution just a disappointment.

It looks like Kane from WWE

Are you trying to take me off Team Rowlet? because this is the way to do it.

(actually we already have Kane the Pokemon, it's Magmortar)

Watch Da Birdie

Oh, and before anyone asks that scan of the dolphin floating around is fake:

Mods this is a fake scan

Lo5xE2r.png

Mods this a fake scan

Pokemon never have kanji in their names and CoroCoro always has smaller characters (katakana) written above the kanji to help the kids pronounce the more difficult characters.

Neiteio

Honestly, even if that pic wasn't accompanied by Birdie's heavy disclaimer, I'd still immediately suspect it's a fake.

Fakes always seem to have the same overly rounded proportions. Hard to describe, but I know it when I see it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
It's like blaze monkey except good.

I disagree, Infernape had the hardship of training under Paul, being abandon, adjusting to Ash's training style and mastering blaze.

Greninja on the other was just boring.

Cresselia~~ made a video talking about this. I can't watch right now, but I figured I would share the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt0Kd-tirSE

Is the person Chinese?

Damn pokemon rumors & leaks are serious business

Not just Pokémon pretty much any rumours are "serous" business as Emily Rogers got hated by some people because her rumour didn't happen at this year E3.

Oh, and before anyone asks that scan of the dolphin floating around is fake:

Mods this is a fake scan

Lo5xE2r.png

Mods this a fake scan

Pokemon never have kanji in their names and CoroCoro always has smaller characters (katakana) written above the kanji to help the kids pronounce the more difficult characters.

The dolphin just gives me a Musharna vibe.

musharna.jpg

So it's clear that it's fake.

Strimei

The dolphin just gives me a Musharna vibe.

musharna.jpg

So it's clear that it's fake.

While I agree its fake, I don't think that's exactly a good indicator of it being fake.

I mean, alomomola gives off a luvdisc vibe (to the point of people thinking it was an evolution at first), but it was just something similar.

Top Bottom