• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2, sequel to 13+ million game, is coming, has co-op

Cool! Redemption was a lot of fun. I thought the game kinda lost a lot of its appeal when it hit Mexico, but all in all it was a cool world with some cool mechanics. I'd be down for another one for sure.

Walter Goggins as lead please.
0e5788ad00ee65513b028d02951ee3cf.jpg
nah
post-25897-Clint-Eastwood-standoff-gif-co-ahX9.gif

man with no name

or
tumblr_m4lskc1l7Q1rqa07ko1_500.gif

Madness

When I first played it, I was going for the save your horse achievement and so I couldn't risk anything happening to it and so I walked everywhere. I even had to go from the first major fort area and cross into Mexico on foot, and man, I never killed so many wolves as I did then. By the end, I had like 28 new wolf pelts to sell.

And the crazy part? I never got the achievement for some reason because I supposedly had it killed when I accidentally called him during a cutscene where I was in a wagon, and he was probably replaced by a new stallion. Great picture though. Can't wait to see with how the hunting and fidelity of animals in GTA V next gen veversions transfers to red dead.

Xellos

Was to be expected given how popular RDR was, but still exciting to get confirmation. Can't wait. Hopefully this will be ready for 2015.

MMaRsu

Banned
So I spoke to an insider at Rockstar who confirmed that Rockstar is indeed developing a sequel to Red Dead Redemption for PS4/Xbox One.

Don't have a lot of concrete details but expect co-op to be integrated and focused on.

Excited as fuck? ☑

Edit: Bish approved.

Except for the coop stuff I already posted about this about 6 months ago.

My source?

Girl cousin of someone who works at rockstar who was my colleague.

AngryMoth

Great, Red Read is one of the absolute best games from last gen. Shame the R* pipeline has seems to have stalled a bit though, they put out a new game every year from 2010-2013 and with gta dlc next year I assume their next full release won't be until 2016.

nelchaar

So rockstar is making a sequel to a game that reviewed and sold well?

Thanks OP.

maybe you should post more information. There's not much to discuss. Everyone Pretty much expected this.

Jyrii

Banned
RdR is in my top 3 PS3 games, and one of my favorite games ever.

Man I hope they will reveal this soon.

Papacheeks

Banned
Did your insider say how long they've actually been working on the project? Or was it something that they just started in Pre-production/ Planning phase?

Because if they've been working on it for a while I wonder how far along they are to showing a trailer for it, and if that's the case, maybe we will see something at the VGA's since GTA V will be one of the games mentioned.

Loris146

So rockstar is making a sequel to a game that reviewed and sold well?

Thanks OP.

maybe you should post more information. There's not much to discuss. Everyone Pretty much expected this.

There are some info anyway. Coop and no PC for now ( fuck you R*,for now, sigh ) .

Seanspeed

Banned
Bullshit that its not coming to PC *again*.

And it wont live up the first game anyway. It'll be cool, but the freshness of the concept has passed. I know a lot of people want this, but I still would have rather them tried to take on a new era or setting. We could have had something really fresh and new...

UrbanRats

I mean, we sort of knew it was coming, like we know GTAVI will be coming.

I'm curious about Coop though, unfortunately, i don't think i'll be using it very much, but i wonder if they'll have character creation, or just multiple characters like GTAV.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Interesting if they're forgoing PC again this time around. Maybe they'll get a late port with PS5/XBTWO 4K remasters.

VinFTW

Red Dead Redemption is one of the greatest games of all time, easily in my top 7-8 games of all time personally.

Day one for me.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
When I first played it, I was going for the save your horse achievement and so I couldn't risk anything happening to it and so I walked everywhere. I even had to go from the first major fort area and cross into Mexico on foot, and man, I never killed so many wolves as I did then. By the end, I had like 28 new wolf pelts to sell.

Ugh...this is how achievements can ruin a game experience. I know it was your choice, but hell that would just take the game to a whole different place.

UrbanRats

Bullshit that its not coming to PC *again*.

And it wont live up the first game anyway. It'll be cool, but the freshness of the concept has passed. I know a lot of people want this, but I still would have rather them tried to take on a new era or setting. We could have had something really fresh and new...

Meh, if i think about the jump we got from GTA3 to vice City, or Vice City to San Andreas... or even SA to GTAIV (on a technical level) i think a sequel could bring good stuff.

This will be their first true next gen game after all.

Nzyme32

Also - Isn't it common knowledge that Red Dead was getting another sequel since Take Two mentioned that they had plans for the IP in their investor call.

Still, that PC version has to be brewing somewhere damn it!

Boss Mog

The way Volition integrates co-op perfectly into the Saints Row games, there's really no excuse for devs like Rockstar or Avalanche not to do the same with their open world games.

Top Bottom