• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2, sequel to 13+ million game, is coming, has co-op

Get_crazy

Banned
Unless it's a PS4 exclusive.

/s

Break the internet

Kim-kardashian-paper-cover-1-1415757193.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
Eh, a western theme is something we don't get very often, so I'm ok with it.
A full on Rockstar production is something we don't get all that often and I'd like to see it put to more exciting use. RDR2 might be good, but what could we have gotten if we didn't suffer from sequelitis?

Its the opportunity cost that I'm disappointed about.

Bastos

Sorry I'm a new member even though I've been lurking for some time, but why is everyone talking about "talking to a mod first, thread approval", etc? How does that work?

If you're playing as John's son I'm out - that kid was annoying as fuck.

Wonder how this will work out since RDRedemption was right at the end of the "old west"?

They could easily bring in a new character. They could do it like they did with GTA 5 where they referenced Nicco from GTA4. Could be a whole side story with just mentions to Marston.

hoserx

Sorry I'm a new member even though I've been lurking for some time, but why is everyone talking about "talking to a mod first, thread approval", etc? How does that work?

Because anyone could just make a thread up and spout whatever they want......... things like this have to be vetted.

cackhyena

Because if it isn't proven to a mod, it's a big no no to start shit like this. Other sites pick it up, Gaf being as big as it is. If it isn't real, you better check yo self.

Angry Fork

This isn't really surprising so even if someone was lying/making it up they'd likely be right.

Hopefully it actually has fun and interesting things to do this time instead of the incredibly tedious chores of the first.

Hatchtag

Banned
Hope its as big of an improvement as GTA 4 to GTA 5 was. Rockstar's shown they can learn with that game, so I'm excited for this.

I want to see the Red Dead Receipt

it was clear that it gets a sequel and i am happy.
not as cool as bully, but still better than GTA by far.

Well as much as I loved Redemption, it being one of the greatest games of all time and everything, if RDR3 includes multiple player characters and at least one isn't a woman then I won't buy the game.

Wouldnt this be historially incorrect ?! Were there any (famous) outlaw women at that time ?!

a916

At this point, why is this a shock to anyone considering how well received and how well RDR sold?

Would anyone be shocked if a new rumor came out tomorrow saying GTA6 incoming within the next 10 years?

MormaPope

Banned
Remember how Rockstar made a huge deal about posses in multiplayer for Red Dead? I imagine in the sequel you can customize and build a posse for single player, and you could invite friends to join your posse and hop into your game for some story missions and side activities and such. Playing as a loner doesn't make sense if the series is to progress. Outlaws seek other outlaws when they want to become a player in the wild west.

Also, I imagine non story mission heists originated in the Red Dead sequel as a concept, and then that concept was going to piggy back its way to GTA V, but time constraints and developmental issues might've stalled GTA V heists. Having your own posse in single player and robbing banks and trains? Would be more probable in the Red Dead series anyway.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Red Dead sequel coming.

No valid sources within thread.

Everyone is getting hyped like there is one.

Hell, I'm getting hyped like there is one.

I'm so confused.

RDR is one of my top 5 favorite games of last-gen OP. Do not fucking toy with my feelings like that.

If there's something the past couple years have taught me, the term co-op has become meaningless. It can refer to going through the campaign, seperately missions, or online pve.

Only campaign co-op gets me excited. The rest is run-of-the-mill.

Bastos

If you want to be an insider you need to get your shit vetted by mods.
Because anyone could just make a thread up and spout whatever they want......... things like this have to be vetted.
Because if it isn't proven to a mod, it's a big no no to start shit like this. Other sites pick it up, Gaf being as big as it is. If it isn't real, you better check yo self.
Thanks for the answers! :>

But this also means that the insider can ALWAYS prove/show something to the mods, right?

Oh man don't play with my emotions like that! I expect it's only a matter of time considering how well received the first RDR was, but this is a bold claim to make.

3bdelilah

Banned
So...... would it be called Red Dead Redemption 2 or Red Dead Rebellion/Revolution/RRRRR? The latter would make sense, since Revolver was the first in the series, or was Redemption an official reboot? I thought it was a sequel (though different characters and yadda yadda).

If true, I hope it has a) Woody Jackson and Bill Elm returning for the score and b) go back into the 19th century rather than forward.

Hope its as big of an improvement as GTA 4 to GTA 5 was. Rockstar's shown they can learn with that game, so I'm excited for this.
I hope bigger.

Can't wait to see a sunsets in monument valley while tripping on peyote robbing a stage coach with a lever action rifle on a horse at full gallop while indians dance around a funeral pile on some distant peak and Claudia Cardinale waits for me at the homestead ...

courtesy of the PS4.

MormaPope

Banned
So...... would it be called Red Dead Redemption 2 or Red Dead Rebellion/Revolution/RRRRR? The latter would make sense, since Revolver was the first in the series, or was Redemption an official reboot? I thought it was a sequel (though different characters and yadda yadda).

Each Red Dead game should have a different narrative focus personally. Red Dead Revolution, playing as an ex confederacy solider trying to build his own empire after feeling cheated by the civil war? Rock hard boner if that's the sequel.

robotrock

Banned
damn rockstar has always been at the VGA/X to win awards or whatever....i'm going to hold out for this to be announced tomorrow

Top Bottom