• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Resident Evil 1 Remake coming in 2026

Draugoth

Gold Member
resident-evil-remake-remake-fan-game-unity-engine.jpg

According to DanielRPK and PRE_Alarabiya, a Resident Evil 1 Remake is in the works and is coming around 2026, likely a third person made in REX Engine.

DanielRPK is a well know Marvel Studios leaker. There's no other info.

Source 1

Source 2

Last edited:

violence

I would love to see what resident evil 6 would be like as a good game. REmake 1 already is one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I hope they keep the Jill Sandwich line in.
Probably not. Given Leon's NO THANKS...BRO got cut in RE4R. Was a sad day. Unforgivable.

----------

I feel like some of the tension of not seeing around the corner will be lost if they go full Third Person Shooter for a RE1R.

violence violence RE6 should of just been a full on Ada Wong game. Can't say I cared about the 4 way split. And given the cool shit primarily happens with Ada Wong.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

I'd buy it again, but the OG has so many tight, narrow hallways, not sure how well it would work in third person without some changes.

violence

Probably not. Given Leon's NO THANKS...BRO got cut in RE4R. Was a sad day. Unforgivable.

----------

I feel like some of the tension of not seeing around the corner will be lost if they go full Third Person Shooter for a RE1R.

violence violence RE6 should of just been a full on Ada Wong game. Can't say I cared about the 4 way split. And given the cool shit primarily happens with Ada Wong.
Ada Wong game. I like that.

ToneyJ

Hopefully they do a better job with Jill’s model/costume design. Her STARS outfit looks so bad in RE3 remake.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
When I was reading the Resident Evil threads here I was thinking that it probably won't be long before they release another remake of the original.

Looks like I was right if this rumor is true.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'd inevitably end up playing it, though I can't say that this would be particularly exciting. I'm good with the REmake we already have, and I don't think it needs a third-person reinterpretation when the whole point of the original game was being scared of what's around the corner in a bunch of claustrophobic corridors - even moreso than in RE2. The free movement afforded by a third-person perspective kinda kills that.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
keep current Jill -- stop changing her every game lol.

Gojiira

Banned
What a complete waste of money,time and resources…It wont even have Julia Voth as Jill so doubly pointless…
Actually the only ones that need a remake is Outbreak,fully realise the multiplayer aspect,add more new mechanics and bingo,perfect.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It would be amazing if it combined RE0 as well. Include both and redo it.

That would be so sick.

Billy/Jill playthrough.
Rebecca/Chris
Billy/Chris
Rebecca/Jill

Could weave both narratives and create choices with various outcomes depending on who you select for the RE0 parts main character and then the RE1 character.

I’ll settle for RE4 level remake with RE1 though.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man, the big takeaway in this thread is that I need to dust off my copy of RE1 on the GameCube and actually give it another shot.

I played it when it first came out, didn’t like it (or maybe I was just bad at it), and haven’t touched it since. My cereal friend Nate always told me it’s incredible, so I guess I should finally give it another go.

Top Bottom