• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/11/rumor-sonic-adventure-coming-to-xbla/

gam_sonicxblalisting_580.jpg

A Netherlands-based Sega fansite recently posted a titillating report received from an anonymous source, who claimed Sonic Adventure would soon be running at breakneck speeds onto Xbox Live Arcade. Accompanying this report is the image seen above, which, in addition to listing the game itself, also mentions an "extend package," which ... well, which we can't say out loud without giggling like schoolchildren.

As psyched as we'd be to see the azure rodent make a not-terrible appearance on the 360, we're going to treat this with as much apprehension as we can muster until we hear something official from Sega.

It'll probably be the "pretty broken" DX version which had some neat added stuff, but managed to be buggier than the original which is quite a feat! The extra stuff will be locked away as that Extend Package/DLC. Oh for the days you got extras included in the original price..

PartnerNet never lies, so you can seal this deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DuckRacer said:
If real, hopefully this means Crazy Taxi is coming too.

It is real, the source is the same site that broke the lid off of some other Sega stuff, like the Vintage Collections.

mrWalrus said:
Maybe there's hope for some Panzer Dragoon Saga?

Simply: no. Lost source code means only full Sega Saturn emulation of an iso is required, and that takes a lot of raw hardware power up to be anywhere near worth it.

Ridley327

As psyched as we'd be to see the azure rodent make a not-terrible appearance on the 360...

When is that going to happen?

...sorry, I had to take the shot before anyone else did.

I still do not like Sonic Adventure

KAL2006

Banned
please do not let nostalgia blind you. This game is terrible. I have it on GameCube (it got some nice music a few fun levels, but the rest of that game is garbage).

Shard said:
There is already a couple of Dreamcast games on the XBLA, like Ikaruga, Rez and Soul Caliber.

I forgot about Rez but was it ever clarified that it was the Dreamcast version and not the PS2 version? Soul Calibur is an arcade port, not a Dreamcast port btw. I didn't know about Ikaruga.

Gravijah

KAL2006 said:
please do not let nostalgia blind you. This game is terrible. I have it on GameCube (it got some nice music a few fun levels, but the rest of that game is garbage).

shut the fuck up

B.K.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Simply: no. Lost source code means only full Sega Saturn emulation of an iso is required, and that takes a lot of raw hardware power up to be anywhere near worth it.

It must not take too much hardware power. Devil Summoner and Princess Crown on PSP are running in a Saturn emulator.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
OldJadedGamer said:
I forgot about Rez but was it ever clarified that it was the Dreamcast version and not the PS2 version? Soul Calibur is an arcade port, not a Dreamcast port btw. I didn't know about Ikaruga.

Soul Calibur was a dreamcast game... the arcade game was made on the PSone arcade board from namco (or the beefed up one, but still lesser than the DC version). The Dreamcast game was heavily improved, and that's the version that is on Live.

Cosmic Smash
Space Channel 5
Chu Chu Rocket
Jet Set Radio
Outtrigger
Propeller Arena
Alien Front Online

Bring this shit to XBLA/PSN/Steam already.

bjork

SecretBonusPoint said:

This really needs to be in a stickied FAQ thread or something.

Anyway, I liked SA despite its flaws, but if they got PSO I'd rebuy a 360.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Wouldn't SEGA have to relicense the Offspring/Bad Religion songs again if they wanted to bring Crazy Taxi to XBLA/PSN?

I was told this was gonna happen, somebody told me about several SEGA DC games hitting XBLA & PSN.. at first I was skeptical but it seems he was right..

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Is this the one with the Chao Garden? I was addicted to that shit.

Give me crazy taxi pls...it's like free money.

andymcc

Banned
played through this with a few of my friends two weeks ago and the game doesn't really play well but i still had lots of fun playing it. :lol i think it was the nostalgia coupled with the really fucking great music.

regardless i'd day one this.

OldJadedGamer said:
Soul Calibur is an arcade port, not a Dreamcast port btw.
Wrong.

Arcade Soul Calibur was a System 12 (PS1-compatible) arcade game. The Dreamcast version was totally overhauled visually (much like Tekken Tag Tournament when it made the jump from System 12 to PS2). The XBLA version is the upgraded Dreamcast version with bizarre 4:3 1080p support.

Will buy and if this means there's a greater chance of Powerstone 2 coming to Xbla... :D

Wasn't it rumored that Sony were trying to make DC games exclusive on psn?

Archie said:
Wouldn't SEGA have to relicense the Offspring/Bad Religion songs again if they wanted to bring Crazy Taxi to XBLA/PSN?
Sega re-released Crazy Taxi on PSP without the iconic tracks. With custom soundtracks on 360, who cares though?

levious said:
Soul Calibur was a dreamcast game... the arcade game was made on the PSone arcade board from namco (or the beefed up one, but still lesser than the DC version). The Dreamcast game was heavily improved, and that's the version that is on Live.
Soul Calibur was never even released in the arcades was it? That was Soul Edge or whatever the fuck.

_dementia said:
Sega re-released Crazy Taxi on PSP without the iconic tracks. With custom soundtracks on 360, who cares though?
Yea no, 10 in 2010 or no sale.

Son of Godzilla said:
Soul Calibur was never even released in the arcades was it? That was Soul Edge or whatever the fuck.
No, Soul Calibur definitely had an arcade version. It looked quite a bit like Soul Edge/Blade.

Top Bottom