• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Amory

Ha, I played sonic adventure dx for the gamecube not too long ago. I guess people are looking back on it with rosy tinted glasses because that game did not age well. At all.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hey Alpha_eX, what DC games did you see on the debug PSN though?

I'm kinda worried this won't come to PSN. I really want Dreamcast games on my Playstation Store. :(

I know it sounds dumb, but the lack of extra characters in PS3 SEGA All-Stars Racing, and the fact all those other DC games are already on Live Arcade suggests, hey, it probably won't.

Please bring DC content to PSN SEGA. Many of us would buy it in an instance.

So...has there been any new leaks or info at all regarding possible release date?

get2sammyb said:
I'm kinda worried this won't come to PSN. I really want Dreamcast games on my Playstation Store. :(

I know it sounds dumb, but the lack of extra characters in PS3 SEGA All-Stars Racing, and the fact all those other DC games are already on Live Arcade suggests, hey, it probably won't.

Please bring DC content to PSN SEGA. Many of us would buy it in an instance.

I hope so as well, but I do think Sonic would get different treatment than Virtual On OT or Soul Calibur 1 for example. Then again, look at how XBLA got all the Backbone SEGA Vintage Collection port XBLA titles.

However all the talk about SA1 being seen on "debug PSN" probably makes the chances pretty nice it'll be getting a PSN+XBLA multi release.

If there was a way to play this without having to deal with the cut-scenes and shitty hub stuff, I'd gladly play it again. At least, the Sonic portion of the game.

SonicMegaDrive said:
If there was a way to play this without having to deal with the cut-scenes and shitty hub stuff, I'd gladly play it again. At least, the Sonic portion of the game.

Well, once you complete stages you can select them from the main menu (main menu->missions->Action Stages->Select character (Sonic)). If my memory serves correct that was the layout, haven't played SA1 in years.

I'm late to the discussion, but Sonic Adventure 1 is great.

Parts are glitchy but when it's working, it's got the best level design of all the 3d Sonics. Wishful thinking, but if they added 60FPS or at least stable 30FPS then this will be awesome.

Either wey, Sega is back or at least -alive- now. Between this and Clmax I am a very happy Sega fanboy. Can't wait to see what other DC games make their way to the download services. Crazy Taxi, Chu Chu Rocket, and House of the Dead 4 (complete with Natal/Arc support) seem like no brainers.

Elios83

Suzzopher said:
The Dreamcast downloads are 100% coming to PSN.

This news was actually in the Sega-SCEA meeting leak from last summer if I remember correctly.
Sonic Adventure is nice (although I'm reading here it's a crappy port from the PC version), but... I mean just give us Shenmue 1&2, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, Crazy Taxi.
They should really pay attention to hardcore gamers wishes here, because the 'classics' market is almost made of nostalgic/retrogramers/longtime fans, so people who are usually vocal and present on the gaming message boards.

Sydle

Definitely buying this, and I hope Jet Grind Radio, Powerstone, and Skies of Arcadia make their way to XBLA as well.

Why was Jet Set Radio called Jet Grind Radio in the US? Copyright issue or something?
Jet Set Radio rolls off the tongue so much better...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
GarthVaderUK said:
Why was Jet Set Radio called Jet Grind Radio in the US? Copyright issue or something?
Jet Set Radio rolls off the tongue so much better...
I actually thought it was always called Jet Set Radio till I bought it last month. I was wondering what the hell was up with it.

Top Bottom