• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Timesplitters 4 announcement on the horizon?

a15663_Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Timesplitters 2 and 3 were my most played games on my Cube.

I've yet to play a TimeSplitters game. At the time they were released I wasn't aware that they were made by ex GoldenEye developers and I didn't think the art style was very appealing. Is it still worth it to pick up & play these games?

legacyzero

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Please tell me its from the guys that made the mature FPS called Haze.

That would defeat the purpose that TS serves though. Timesplitters is meant to be immature and somewhat slapstick. Haze was a mature pile of crap.
Herbspicesoy said:
I've yet to play a TimeSplitters game. At the time they were released I wasn't aware that they were made by ex GoldenEye developers and I didn't think the art style was very appealing. Is it still worth it to pick up & play these games?

You would be doing yourself a huge injustice if you didn't play Future Perfect.

Mulligan said:
ONLINE VIRUS FTMFW!!
They could just release TS2HD with it intact and i'd be all over it like a loincloth.
This x 1000

Virus in TS is quite possibly the greatest MP game mode ever created. How can something even try to compete with flaming zombie robot monkies???

mxgt

Banned
Herbspicesoy said:

Absolutely.

Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect are 2 of the best FPS ever made.

legacyzero said:
That would defeat the purpose that TS serves though. Timesplitters is meant to be immature and somewhat slapstick. Haze was a mature pile of crap.

You would be doing yourself a huge injustice if you didn't play Future Perfect.
Future Perfect had a great campaign that still holds up to today's standards, something that can't be said about a lot of FPS campaigns from last gen.

TS2 is a bit more archaic in it's design, but damn if I didn't spend hours playing it back in the day. HD remake perchance?

I keep going back to the gaming discussion forum, only to read this thread title and come back in again.

STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEARTSTRINGS

Sourtreats said:
a15663_Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Timesplitters 2 and 3 were my most played games on my Cube.

Same here brother. Mexican Mission, Ice Station and the massive one set in a gulch with a base at either end. Classic multiplayer action.

Gravijah

Mulligan said:
ONLINE VIRUS FTMFW!!
They could just release TS2HD with it intact and i'd be all over it like a loincloth.

Come join my all day Training Ground - Virus lobby!

Yeah right, you know it's going to have matchmaking. :(

Emitan

I will kill 50 men for the PC version to be the lead platform with full server support and mod support. 50 MEN.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
What a relief reading this after reading Free Radical's timeline in a magazine. This rumor better be true and HD remakes of all 3 games should accompany the historic moment it's announced.

JimWood27 said:
Please, please, please be true. The only FPS series I enjoy. Virus is the best mode ever. And please make it for Wii U, as well.
OMG! I think I just found my clone account! Co-sign!

I hate FPS games, but TimeSplitters is just too good, here's hoping for a Wii U version as well!

Future Perfect on Game Cube was my shit. DAMN

tiff

Banned
I just loaded the games up a few days ago and I think I put upwards of 300 hours into the two in my time playing them. I would be all over a new TimeSplitters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure it'll be announced. Then it will be announced it's made by a completely different team because that's the cool thing to do now a days.

daakusedo

A bearable fps, just that would be enough on this gen.
But I don't know if it can pass through the bad evolution of the genre.

chixdiggit

Billychu said:
I will kill 50 men for the PC version to be the lead platform with full server support and mod support. 50 MEN.
Ditto. I loved Timesplitters back in my console days but can no longer deal with FPS games on a controller.

Shalashaska161 said:
Future Perfect had a great campaign that still holds up to today's standards, something that can't be said about a lot of FPS campaigns from last gen.

TS2 is a bit more archaic in it's design, but damn if I didn't spend hours playing it back in the day. HD remake perchance?

This is very true. Future Perfect had one of the best campaigns possibly ever in FPS. The best part of him using his catch phrase then watching people reactions was hilarious.

But let's all be honest here, what we really all want is more Monkey Curling!

Right? Right? Most overlooked sports game ever.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Future Perfect's facial animations are amazing. They're so stupid and exaggerated, and it makes the characters all so lively.

tiff

Banned
daakusedo said:
But I don't know if it can pass through the bad evolution of the genre.
Oh god, I forgot about that. Playing TS with regenerating health and a cover system just won't feel right.

Future Perfect is still one of the best single player FPS experiences there is.

I hope TS4 is a worthy sequel if it happens.

I still want Second Sight 2 more!

RedSwirl

Can they at least give us a TimeSplitters HD Collection to tide us over?! Hell, even just that would be kinda fine honestly.

legacyzero

Banned
RedSwirl said:
Can they at least give us a TimeSplitters HD Collection to tide us over?! Hell, even just that would be kinda fine honestly.
I'll settle for this. for like 3 months. Then SEQUEL DAMMIT!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ill take timesplitters 2 on pc, ill take a collection, just give me something.

Ts taunting to me is as bad as battlefront taunting...

Bumhead

Banned
RedSwirl said:

I think I would play Timesplitters 2 online forever. Literally the game of forever.

I don't just want Timesplitters. I need it. Right now.

Unicorn

TimeSplitters is great, but TS2 had Goldeneye controls, so it is really hard for me to play that game now.

TAKE MY MOTHERFUCKING MONEY!!!!

I don't see why any developer would start production on a title so close to the next generation, and release it on the current platforms.

It makes sense to use the time (pun intended) well and have a fantastic launch title.

My only question would be the graphical prowess. I always remember this series being technically great but never having a realistic setting, mainly due to the art style. It will be interesting to see how they maintain the visual humour whilst upping the technology.

V_Ben

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
I don't see why any developer would start production on a title so close to the next generation, and release it on the current platforms.

It makes sense to use the time (pun intended) well and have a fantastic launch title.

My only question would be the graphical prowess. I always remember this series being technically great but never having a realistic setting, mainly due to the art style. It will be interesting to see how they maintain the visual humour whilst upping the technology.

By going COMPLETELY NUTS.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's been on the horizon for about 5 years. If it does exist it's a certain bomba, sadly.

[Nintex]

Well if all of this next-gen talk is realy I wonder if it'll look like Avatar. You can't escape from that one AMD
and Square Enix

Dizzy-4U

Parallax said:
Ill take timesplitters 2 on pc, ill take a collection, just give me something.

Ts taunting to me is as bad as battlefront taunting...
I was playing some TS2 on PCSX2 yesterday and the emulation is practically perfect. Wait, let me take a screenshot....

Top Bottom