• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Timesplitters 4 announcement on the horizon?

legacyzero

Banned
BurningNad said:
Man these Haze jokes are hi-larious.

troll_postman001.jpg

Haze was a collective mess. What we understood to be a potential awesome game, especially from the people that make pure gold into games as Free Radical did, There was a collective sigh of disappointment from all those that anticipated it.

[Nintex]

Would be hilarious if the Wii U was nowhere to be seen, everyone lined up for the Vita and MS goes like: "GamesCom fuck yeah, next-generation bitches here's the new Xbox powered by AMD Fusion and 2GB of RAM, Halo 4, PGR5, TimeSplitters 4, see you at E3!"

I think... no I know half of GAF would get an heart attack.

I'm still saying VGA's for the first teaser GTTV already taped a bonus round to discuss Xbox 720 speculations

Please let this rumour be true for once, the last few years have been heartbreaking with the constant rumours of TS4 being resurrected. Considering how slow OPM are I can see this coming from the Xbox 720 + TS4 rumour a month ago.

Jamie OD

"Like a monkey. Like a monkey. Like a monkey. Like a monkey. Like a monkey."

I really hope this game happens. Me and my mates loved Future Perfect.

You lot have me listening to "Disco A GoGo" now.

Bowdz

OH HELL YES. Day one just out of principle. I cannot wait to see the Timesplitter art style come to life in the Cryengine.

legacyzero

Banned
Jamie OD said:
"Like a monkey. Like a monkey. Like a monkey. Like a monkey. Like a monkey."

I really hope this game happens. Me and my mates loved Future Perfect.

You lot have me listening to "Disco A GoGo" now.

god DAMMIT LOL.

Shit'll be stuck in my head all day now......FUCK.

Nopren

This desperately needs to be true. Timesplitters is my absolute favorite FPS. And oh yeah, Disco A GoGo 4 life!

Gravijah

Nocturnowl said:
"TIME TO SPLIT!", his face never fails to crack me up when the door's closing.

Here's hoping Virus mode will return in its TS2 glory as opposed to the watered down version in Future Perfect.
Also a new timesplitters with modern day online capabilities would make the map creator all the more sweeter with the ability to download maps.

Actually, what we need is Virus and Flame Tag. :(

Gravijah said:
Actually, what we need is Virus and Flame Tag. :(
I liked flame tag but on my game at least it seemed to have a glitch where the guy on fire if killed would just lay on the floor dead with no respawn and no one could catch the fire thus ruining everything. Am I alone here?

disappeared said:
I can't even imagine how crazy the level editor could be with today's tech.
Oh yeah it could potentially be awesome. Shame no one else even tries making map/mission editors these days.

Timesplitters 2 and 3 were incredible. I played Timesplitters 1 after 2, so it was too dated for me to play back then, but a TS HD Collection with TS1-3 would be incredible.

Wh0 N0se

The level Editor would be awesome, but I wouldn't want it too complicated, just enough that awesome people can make super awesome stuff but I could make something easily.

I will explode when this gets announced (and if it doesn't, i will be on my deathbed, whenever that is, cursing Crytek UK!!!!!!!).

Vard

The Mana Legend said:
Timesplitters 2 and 3 were incredible. I played Timesplitters 1 after 2, so it was too dated for me to play back then, but a TS HD Collection with TS1-3 would be incredible.
TS would make an awesome HD collection. I'd buy it.

Don't play with my heart like that Crytek. Fucking out with it.

And add me to the list that would buy an HD collection of the original 3 in a heartbeat. PS3 sorely lacking in the splitscreen multiplayer department.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If it comes true, I hope they buck the trend of not including features that were in previous games. TS2 and Future Perfect are some of the best FPS ever. They had that Infinite replay value too.

TheOddOne

Louis Cyphre said:
So nobody wants Haze 2 instead?
I want this to happen, because it will show how superior it is against other "baby" FPS's.

In other mature news, Haze director avantgarde created this for facebook:

Gangsta__Zombies.jpg

I hope that the visual style of the game remains the same, just with sharper more detailed models. I LOVE the style of TimeSplitters. I'd be happy with an HD remake of 2 or 3 even.

PSYGN

This game was the most fun I've had as a kid. Virus mode, custom matches (custom maps, bricks only mode), varied locales, splitscreen campaign, insane number of crazy characters, challenges (destroy all windows in a certain amount of time).

This game had it all.

TreIII

Timesplitters! The only FPS series I could be bothered to still play, even though I really don't for the genre any longer. It was just so much fun!

Day 1 purchase if this actually...FINALLY happens.

Would absolutely love if this is true. Just hope they don't try to "modernize" it too much. Embrace the fun of the previous entries and make a nice tiered campaign with multiple objectives based on difficulty and I'll be happy. Also monkeys and snowmen.

Another great feature about the Timesplitters series that doesn't get mentioned much is the fully customizable controls. It's a godsend that very very rarely gets put into FPSs. My friend can only play FPS with a certain control setup (Legacy controls, and strafe on L1/R1), that it makes local FPS multiplayer almost nonexistant.

Top Bottom