• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie Lord

ALL-ABOARD-THE-HYPE-TRAIN.jpg

Instro

Skiesofwonder said:
people PEOPLE PEOPLE!!

01net (the NGP people) has reported a June 2012 launch with Rockstar on board and GTV5 coming soon, along with the console being SIGNIFICANTLY MORE POWERFUL THAN THE XBOX 360.

So it could be true anyways.

Should be added to OP.

Doorman

I was so amused to read people's crazy reactions after that quote was posted.

I'm equally amused reading people's angry responses to the quote's outing.

I like this thread. :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Skiesofwonder said:
people PEOPLE PEOPLE!!

01net (the NGP people) has reported a June 2012 launch with Rockstar on board and GTV5 coming soon, along with the console being SIGNIFICANTLY MORE POWERFUL THAN THE XBOX 360.

So it could be true anyways.

There's nothing in the 01net reports about your capitalised bit :p

That was just Gamekyo summarising rumours, including others, not necessarily from 01net.

Let's try and keep our updates in order. 01net reported today:

1) Nintendo is talking to Rockstar
2) The machine might be released in June 2012
3) Nintendo is preparing tech demos and perhaps videos of games for E3

Dammit, there's like a million posts a second. We need summaries every few pages. I have no idea what's going on.

EXAMPLE OF THREAD SUMMARY:
- Some guy said something. Crysis could run on Cafe at max PC settings.
- Rumors say that Nintendo has been going after R* to make GTA V for Cafe.
- Some quote was wrong.
- Cafe prints money.
- Blah blah blah.

I would be eternally grateful if somebody who was heavily involved with this thread would do this.

Doorman said:
I was so amused to read people's crazy reactions after that quote was posted.

I'm equally amused reading people's angry responses to the quote's outing.

I like this thread. :D
have you never been hyped before? the high is great. the crash...

Jive Turkey said:
The past few pages of this thread were so entertaining to read. Keep it up guys.
Just wait until we start getting rumours of the next Xbox and Playstation platforms.

The '404 page cannot be found' errors will be stuff of legend.

apana

Lionel Mandrake said:
Dammit, there's like a million posts a second. We need summaries every few pages. I have no idea what's going on.

EXAMPLE OF THREAD SUMMARY:

I would be eternally grateful if somebody who was heavily involved with this thread would do this.

lame summary, you forgot about the mirror of erised. Also that guy who was complaining about its vs. it's was a fucking genius.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
devildog820 said:
In my opinion, they tried to differentiate by the motion control gimmick. But, as we learn in MBA school, differentiation must be attained by meeting the base standards of your competition and then doing something else that will wow consumers.

The underpowered nature of the Wii meant that even with motion controls, developers couldn't put out similar products across all systems. Medal of Honor on Wii was fun, but it looked like crap, comparatively, and was very constrained. Call of Duty similarly had to be stripped down. Were those developers able to design the same experience as the 360 or PS3 had, but with motion controls, they definitely would have. The assumed success would lead to innovative new titles designed completely with motion control because it wouldn't be as big a risk.

Not too impressed with your MBA school then, since by whatever business criteria you use the Wii has been the out and out winner this gen.

Not awfully sure of your conclusions in the second para either. Even if devs had designed motion versions of their PS3/360 games for the Wii (even if in HD) it doesn't follow that they would then go on to design titles entirely with motion control in mind - why would you cut off potentially two thirds your audience? Don't see the logic in that at all. Unless of course you mean they'd do that after and only after MS and Sony jumped on the motion bandwagon, but that's then scarcely an innovative move from developers.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
gofreak said:
There's nothing in the 01net reports about your capitalised bit :p

That was just Gamekyo summarising rumours, including others, not necessarily from 01net.

Let's try and keep our updates in order. 01net reported today:

1) Nintendo is talking to Rockstar
2) The machine might be released in June 2012
3) Nintendo is preparing tech demos and perhaps videos of games for E3

Oh sorry, my French is a little lac....... non-existant lol

antonz

Latest Actually linkable News:
Rockstar was among the first Devs to get Wii2 Devkits
Rockstar Title is expected to launch in the launch window of the Wii2 on it and the others
GTAV is rumored to be that title.
June 2012 is Console Launch
At E3 expect tech demos, Videos of games etc

Gamekyo says System significantly more powerful than current machines

Woffls

BMF said:
I just filed my taxes. What did I miss? Something about Sadist?
I've been here for the last 12 hours and I still have no idea what's going on. All I know is that this train is gonna' keep rollin' :D

antonz

Stylo said:
Why is 360 being used as the exemplary system to pass? Shouldn't we be more excited about surpassing the PS3 heavily?
the two systems when you get passed Sony PR hyping are practically identical

Raide

Stylo said:
Why is 360 being used as the exemplary system to pass? Shouldn't we be more excited about surpassing the PS3 heavily?

It has no games, so they had nothing to benchmark their new tech on...

apana

Stylo said:

360 is where all the third party games go to, so it's used as the base. Also Nintendo is much more likely to build something like the 360 than the PS3.

Doorman

From The Dust said:
have you never been hyped before? the high is great. the crash...
Oh no I've been hyped. In fact I'm still hyped, even knowing the quote is bogus, just because it has me still daydreaming about possibilities.

Right now I'm back to thinking about the videoconferencing angle that was brought up before, thinking about how cool it would be to put together a "coffee table" group of people equivalent to an Xbox Live party. Video-chat with your friends, play games together online...if the controller really has cameras on it, just think: Face Raiders Online.

Actually if Nintendo does have some sort of communication solution finally set up, I could see a "New Super Mario Bros HD" being a huge launch title. Finally getting a group of 4 (or more) friends together to plow through the game, you could use video-chat to catch each others reactions just like you were playing in the same room, or even use the sub-screen to keep track of where other players are if they go off-screen from you. Then it finally would be like Mario's answer to Four Swords.

Vitet

Stylo said:
I think it's because some rumors say it's similar to the 360 hardware

apana

I dont want to believe the rumors about six inch touch screen fit into classic controller and just a notch above 360 because then the Wii 2 sounds like the worst console to me. So I choose to believe it is all a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom