• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RumorAge - E3 Infos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've found by scouring the blogs of people that ACTUALLY WENT to the Nintendo event, SMB Galaxy and SSB Brawl were NO SHOWS and there was NO MENTION of a new Zelda.

BULL****!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Raw64life said:
Up until Vision Red it seemed somewhat believable.
virtualboy.jpg

Amirite?

BS. Solely because there aren't enough suprises there.

Nintendo don't go to E3 and spend a whole bunch of money on a stage to show games from E3 2006. They will have a bomb to drop.

StevieP

Banned
The whole thing was made up. Some of the crap is plausible (i.e. the popularity channel that miyamoto already talked about, even the demo channel which has been rumoured). Hell, even Pennant Chase making a return on the Wii could happen. But there was none of that stuff at the media event. In fact, the only "big 3" title that was there was Metroid, and only playable by magazine staff.

"Sentences flashed across a black screen and faded…

I don’t remember them all or exactly, because I'm talking out of my ass while simultaneously making shit up, but they were similar to what I will provide below:

Look closer when you read guys :)

BloodyYank said:
From what I've found by scouring the blogs of people that ACTUALLY WENT to the Nintendo event, SMB Galaxy and SSB Brawl were NO SHOWS and there was NO MENTION of a new Zelda.

BULL****!

Well, that actually makes SENSE though. Online people couldn't play any other games other than the summer stuff. Print guys, however, could.

Didn't Zelda totally bomb in Japan anyway? This makes no sense, even by bullshit rumor standards, unless Nintendo's suddenly decided they don't care about the market they thoroughly dominate. I would have almost believed that crock of shit if the guy said, "Huge disappointment when Nintendo revealed a Four Swords-styled Zelda that uses the DS as a map and controller for context-sensitive battles."

I've seen the Gametrailers forum before...it's not much better than gamefaqs.

Still, this blind speculation and rumor-mongering always makes me smile. I love E3.

BloodyYank said:

BULL****!
Well, they showed other stuff to print publications that isn't reported on blogs because it's under NDA. But yeah, that aside, this guy is surely bullshit.

Fortunately this sounds fake. Whoever made it up has got a horrible idea of what people actually want.

An original Nintendo RPG wouldn't go amiss, that'd be quite nice actually. But er.. Link screaming in generic rage and new darker-than-evar Zelda sounds shit-tastic. As do some of his explainations for a lot of the other 'titles'. I look forward to the next cel shaded Chibi Link adventure, especially it's unveiling :D

seat

Rumor posts like this one get to flourish because we're so frickin' starved for any substantial Nintendo news. It's going to be a long summer before E3.

fernoca

Well, only time will tell..
Some of the rumors sound like fanboy wishlist (Link screaming "for his love"?)..while other sound too specific (H.A.M.M.E.R. being renamed M-09? the exact release date for the main games??)

Only time will tell..as always...

Grecco said:
Close this one up. It Screams BS..

Vision Red? :lol

Link with some Generic Emo Rage?

Faaaaaaake

While this is fake for sure: Please stop that.
If characters in Final Fantasy get some "emo rage", it´s considered dramatic, cool, awsome, etc.. The same should be accepted for a Zelda-game.

Also, Link can love, you know, it´s not the same Link every game.

RichieRich

(works for gametrailers)
If one of the mods out there needs an IP address for the guy that posted this BS story on the Gametrailers forums, please feel free to PM me.

Cosmozone

That jerk could've at least used some imagination. The whole post is so dull I wouldn't be excited even if it was all true.

SeatBelts

Banned
seat said:
Rumor posts like this one get to flourish because we're so frickin' starved for any substantial Nintendo news. It's going to be a long summer before E3.

Yep

I am hoping this is true.I've always wanted a wii but there just isnt enough software for me to buy one.

AniHawk

Sentences flashed across a black screen and faded…

I don’t remember them all or exactly, but they were similar to what I will provide below:

The greatest adventure in gaming

Lands of epic proportions

A hero for all time

A love to die for…

Link then appears screaming for a very brief second before the screen turns black and a tri-force slams onto the screen and smashes in to pieces.

If the character model used for Link is any indication of where this series is headed, expect ultra-realism, grittiness, and a very dark feel."

:lol :lol

MasterMFauli said:
If characters in Final Fantasy get some "emo rage", it´s considered dramatic, cool, awsome, etc.. The same should be accepted for a Zelda-game.

Those of us who think it's dumb in Final Fantasy can think it's dumb if it happens to Zelda too. Not everybody has the same opinions.

Tristam

MasterMFauli said:

So? Nobody likes those shitty Nomura creations.

EBCubs03

Banned
Let's make a topic for every poster on every forum everywhere who claims to know info about unannounced games!

Really.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Following Reggie Fils-Aime’s speech yesterday (now widely reported) we were invited to a room to play a number of already announced games. We were given packets relating to each of these games with a large amount of information and goodies contained within. I’ll try to only share the information pertaining to the games you are all likely most interested in…then on to the surprises!

The only packets provided was a single folder full of press releases with a separate bag of "goodies", the contents of which have been reported elsewhere, to be taken at your leisure. There were some four rooms upstairs from the speech with game demos. Being there, this stinks of poorly concocted fanboy hard-on bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom