• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

Togetic now is a freaking Flying/Fairy?!
FOhg0rY.jpg

Togekiss will destroy everything now.

Tan

I call bull on this rumour since Chespin final evolution will be knight based and being part dark just doesn't fit it. I think Chespin final evolution will be Grass/Steel and Fennekin Fire/Fairy.
Grass < Fire < Water < Grass
Steel > Fairy > Fighting > Steel

Huh... it works. It does seem to make more sense than the Dark>Psychic>Fighting theory going on even if Fairy Fennekin sounds odd at the moment.

You call bull on the rumor sourced from guys who were shut down by Nintendo and whose information has been confirmed and reconfirmed as true over the last several months? Why can't people accept that Chespin is Grass/Dark?

It's not like the original Pokebeach rumors have been 100% accurate.

And these are stated to be from a different source.

If this is real, and this is an employee, they will be fired. They have tightened up since BW was ruined by Melkor.

It's hardly this at all though, we've already had a ton of legendaries, mega evolutions, locations, etc spoiled.

How F'ing amazing would it have been if the Kanto secondary starters hadn't been announced? How crazy would it be, having gotten your starter and playing the game and suddenly "IMAHFUCKINGOD AND KANTO STARTERS!?"

backlot

It's hardly this at all though, we've already had a ton of legendaries, mega evolutions, locations, etc spoiled.

How F'ing amazing would it have been if the Kanto secondary starters hadn't been announced? How crazy would it be, having gotten your starter and playing the game and suddenly "IMAHFUCKINGOD AND KANTO STARTERS!?"

It would have been great but I'm sure announcing it before hand is going to sell so many more copies. Nintendo fans love nostalgia.

I call bull on this rumour since Chespin final evolution will be knight based and being part dark just doesn't fit it. I think Chespin final evolution will be Grass/Steel and Fennekin Fire/Fairy.

Bellossom lose its poison typing.

How do you know that exactly? Even if you are correct, the Black Knight is a famous trope.

Oh, you mean in general. Well, I guess they need to promote the game somehow and the Kanto starters are still super popular with a lot of fans, so it makes sense to promote their Mega Evolutions. Hopefully, there'll be enough of them to keep everyone happy, otherwise we'll be fucked six and nine ways from Tuesday.

We've only had 2 legends shown off though, and not that many locations have been shown in detail. Overall, this is still less than what was shown off for B&W.

It would have been great but I'm sure announcing it before hand is going to sell so many more copies. Nintendo fans love nostalgia.

A person who thinks Pokemon games need anything more than to be announced to sell?

The games sell themselves with just a little bit of advertisement, a ton of features that would have been great "exploration" moments have been ruined for us all for the sake of generating hype in a series that doesn't need to generate an abundance of hype to sell boatloads.

I'm not saying that it's not great info and that they have to remain closed lipped about everything, but why even worry about one person leaking info when gamefreak/nintendo/pokemon company have already done a metric shitton of it themselves.

Yeah, I mean Togekiss (how the fuck I forget one of my favorite Pokemon ever)
Give it 100 power spec attack signature fairy move and we're done here.

Hydreigons will fall from the skies, it'll be glorious.

(I kinda wish they give togekiss a mega evo, btw)

Caladrius

A person who thinks Pokemon games need anything more than to be announced to sell?

The games sell themselves with just a little bit of advertisement, a ton of features that would have been great "exploration" moments have been ruined for us all for the sake of generating hype in a series that doesn't need to generate an abundance of hype to sell boatloads..

Much of their pre-release information has been in an attempt to capture lapsed fans. The masses will indeed flock to it, but they want to appeal to older players and this information is the best way to pull them in.

Think about it, enhancements to generation one pokemon, giving out the "OG" starters, a new feature tailored specifically to make competitive pokemon battling more convenient (Super Training), introducing an important new battle mechanic? A very, very large part of the prerelease information has been put forth to get older players back into it.

And do keep in mind that we've only seen small bits of Kalos itself. We know almost nothing of Kalos past Lumiose city and the starter town.

Espada

It's not like the original Pokebeach rumors have been 100% accurate.

And these are stated to be from a different source.

They're pretty damn close to 100%, dropping info that was confirmed left and right (and corroborating with other leakers who were also correct). Trying to discredit them now because you don't like the starter typings is a little futile.

Yes, these are from another another source and it remains to be seen if they're legit. If they are, it kills the last remaining doubt on the WPM leaks.

Shengar

Hydreigons will fall from the skies, it'll be glorious.

(I kinda wish they give togekiss a mega evo, btw)
You just want to watch the world burn aren't you?
I like the idea of making Pokemon faint by burping. Should've been in a long time ago.
Weezing and Muk should be able to do that long time ago.
IT'S TIME FOR THE FAIRIES TO TAKE OVER.

Metagross now will replace Hydreigon/Garchomp/Salamence as most used pseudo-legendary.

They're pretty damn close to 100%, dropping info that was confirmed left and right (and corroborating with other leakers who were also correct). Trying to discredit them now because you don't like the starter typings is a little futile.

Yes, these are from another another source and it remains to be seen if they're legit. If they are, it kills the last remaining doubt on the WPM leaks.

Close to 100% is not 100%. They got some things wrong. This is fact. I don't give a shit about the starter typings, but Pokebeach's intial rumors were not 100% correct.

Theorymon

Oh wow at the idea of Chansey and Blissey being Fairy, that could shake up some metagames! Funnily enough though, I think both of them get 2HKOed by Choice Specs Dialga's Flash Cannon after Stealth Rock now. Man Flash Cannon Dialga, I never thought I'd be thinking about that! But man, the idea of Chansey being able to switch into Rayquaza Outrages is really amusing. Gotta watch out for V-create and Iron Head though :p.

Shengar

His new Ghost and Dark weaknesses say otherwise. Tyranitar reigns supreme.

Since steel lost it's ghost and dark resistance, metagross has no protection from ghosts and dark types :p
What in the name of holy goodness is this? O__O
I don't believe this could happened.
Bronzong bottom tier confirmed.
Guys, guys... Heatran will rain as the new king. Quad-resist fairy attacks.

Sorry, I don't meddle with legendaries :p
But your right though about that unless there is a fairy Type with access to ground-type move.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

But your right though about that unless there is a fairy Type with access to ground-type move.

Togekiss has access to Aura Sphere which should do some decent damage.

abrack08

Ghost spider sounds awesome, gonna have a hard time picking just 7 Pokemon for my team, already have a bunch of new ones I like.

Well Blissey can learn Earthquake. :p

I wonder if the Fairy Pokemon Granbull will become Fairy as that could maybe dent Heatran with Earthquake.

Randdalf

The main reason I doubt this rumour is the Quillom porcupine, because there's already Quilladin and the names might be confusing, but you never know I guess.

ffdgh

Poor poor jirachi...unless it becomes steel/fairy

The main reason I doubt this rumour is the Quillom porcupine, because there's already Quilladin and the names might be confusing, but you never know I guess.

Meh, we already have "Quilava" so it's not such a big deal. One is a hedgehog and the other is a porcupine anyway.

Dragoshi1

Wasn't it confirmed in an interview that no 6th gen pokemon can mega evolve?

[EDIT]

Never mind, it said "Kanto" starters, thought it said Kalos.

Top Bottom