• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
OK, didn't know that was that bad lol. I didn't even see any semblance of a cohesive argument that proves it is fake.

Although, now that he mentions it, Hawlucha's feet do resemble Toon Link's. :0

Still though, the dude on /vp/ seems to be a native English speaker, the dude who posted the images on Pokebeach IP was traced to Italy, and all of his posts on there were really short and awkward, with meme-speak suggesting he wasn't a native English speaker but instead likely learned it from online exposure.

Also, the dude on Pokebeach wasn't banned from the Pokebeach forums or anything, he just edited things out (presumably because he was caught). If he wanted to come clean, why didn't he just do it on PokeBeach so people would believe him.

backlot

Since people don't seem to get the joke:
1365105820563.png

Calcium

Banned
Also, the dude on Pokebeach wasn't banned from the Pokebeach forums or anything, he just edited things out (presumably because he was caught). If he wanted to come clean, why didn't he just do it on PokeBeach so people would believe him.

So he could sit back and watch the internet go crazy?

I hope all the leaks were fake and we get a better Froakie evolution. Bubble beard this time, none of this tongue nonsense.

R0ckman

Lol why are people freaking out? Even if the starters turn out to be shit to you, you'll still end up buying the damn games. The dude got nintenjad. Just embrace the inevitable.

Watch Da Birdie

I can't believe people think Frogadier looks good and this awesome ninja frog looks bad. I'm the extreme opposite.
Truth, I found Frogadier a bit too play-it-safe and was looking towards using Quilladin who went a different way than I expected.

Point is that people went to extremes to "prove" they were fakes and they turned out to be real. Something similar seems to be happening with these leaks.

This is usually never mentioned, but the reason Serebii trusted in the Unova Starter Evolutions was due to the fact they were first leaked on a V.I.P. 2chan image board I remember him explaining, and weren't just a random nobody source.

backlot

This is usually never mentioned, but the reason Serebii trusted in the Unova Starter Evolutions was due to the fact they were first leaked on a V.I.P. 2chan image board I remember him explaining, and weren't just a random nobody source.
Ok but that doesn't make the image any less funny.

kirblar

Ninja makes complete sense on the Froakie evo line because the 3 starters are referencing the "Warrior/Rogue/Wizard" trope from RPGs. A Ninja is pretty iconic for a "rogue" archetype. (Especially considering the devs are japanese.)

DigitalOp

Banned
I just have to say yo, this has been a load of fun and is going to get even better leading up to launch..

I find myself thinking about how to be the perfect leaker lol.

Clear pics, small details with nice hints, extra man to the post info via library computer. Lmao Im foolproof

Watch Da Birdie

Ninja makes complete sense on the Froakie evo line because the 3 starters are referencing the "Warrior/Rogue/Wizard" trope from RPGs. A Ninja is pretty iconic for a "rogue" archetype. (Especially considering the devs are japanese.)

Most people pretty much pegged Froakie for turning out as a ninja quite early on, since the whole "Jiraiya Myth" means frogs are often paired with ninja in popular Japanese fiction, and we saw it doing a lot of ninja-like things in like anime promos and such.

Trigger

Which makes the English naming scheme weird.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Japanese name for Frogadier is based off of a Yakuza position. Clearly someone was as high as a kite.

Although the word is often associated with a rank within Yakuza organizations, that's not the only usage.

Point is that people went to extremes to "prove" they were fakes and they turned out to be real. Something similar seems to be happening with these leaks.

Not really the same thing like ... at all.

Those were well lit pictures of art for 3 disgusting disappointments that came from the most reliable source at the time (2CH). These are suspiciously dark/ blurry/ angled low rez single pics taken at someone's leisure of animated 3D models that popped up on 4chan.

Hell, /vp/ers are posting fakes left and right to show just how easy it is to make a dark/ blurry fake on a angled 3DS.

I find myself thinking about how to be the perfect leaker lol.

Clear pics, small details with nice hints, extra man to the post info via library computer. Lmao Im foolproof

But you have to ask the question ... why would you leak?
Leakers leak because they want to be the "hero", the guy that brings the information first, breaks the silence and is praised by all for letting them know something a bit earlier than they would have known otherwise.

But in truth, they really just want attention and to have their epenis extended/ stroked. That's how it is ... that's how it's always been. Manga leaks in Japan are the same, you have your "Naruto guy" and "Bleach Guy" and so on who are known in the community for leaking this stuff before street release. No one does it without getting some form of credit.

That's what's been happening with Pokemon to. Happened last gen with the Spanish sites (and serebii narrowly escaping an axe to the face from Nintendo for using legally copied roms or something), happened this gen with the Magi guy (he posted his leaks as a wish list on the Bulba forums WAY before they became a "thing") and it's gonna happen in the future.

That's part of why any leak without some name behind it that's completely anonymous is suspect. Anyone can be "anonymous" and no one can take e-cred for "anonymous"

R0ckman

I dont know why nintendo cares if info gets out this close. I remember when MvC3 Ultimate "accidentally leaked" its roster. I was happy with that more than being in the dark sitting twiddling my thumbs getting my hopes up for characters that may have not been in.

Its just going to help sell more copies if anything, unless they feel the designs may be so badly received it will hurt sales, which if thats the case, why design the mons the way they did in the first place?

DigitalOp

Banned

Those were well lit pictures of art for 3 disgusting disappointments that came from the most reliable source at the time (2CH). These are suspiciously dark/ blurry/ angled low rez single pics taken at someone's leisure of animated 3D models that popped up on 4chan.

Hell, /vp/ers are posting fakes left and right to show just how easy it is to make a dark/ blurry fake on a angled 3DS.

Leakers leak because they want to be the "hero", the guy that brings the information first, breaks the silence and is praised by all for letting them know something a bit earlier than they would have known otherwise.

But in truth, they really just want attention and to have their epenis extended/ stroked. That's how it is ... that's how it's always been. Manga leaks in Japan are the same, you have your "Naruto guy" and "Bleach Guy" and so on who are known in the community for leaking this stuff before street release. No one does it without getting some form of credit.

That's what's been happening with Pokemon to. Happened last gen with the Spanish sites (and serebii narrowly escaping an axe to the face from Nintendo for using legally copied roms or something), happened this gen with the Magi guy (he posted his leaks as a wish list on the Bulba forums WAY before they became a "thing") and it's gonna happen in the future.

That's part of why any leak without some name behind it that's completely anonymous is suspect. Anyone can be "anonymous" and no one can take e-cred for "anonymous"

What you say is true. 9 times out of 10, leakers want to be credited to the find. In the case of my "fantasy leak" methods... I'd purely do it for the sport.

Jus being on the internet so long, Its funny to see how we react to surpressed news and how other people can affect such a reaction creating a compound effect.

For me, I wouldn't be into having a name associated with my "leaks" (That would get me caught!) But rather the legacy...

IE The Gen V leaker. I wanna put out truthfacts and have everyone go insane trying to prove them wrong... Only to be right! lol

I dont know why nintendo cares if info gets out this close. I remember when MvC3 Ultimate "accidentally leaked" its roster. I was happy with that more than being in the dark sitting twiddling my thumbs getting my hopes up for characters that may have not been in.

Its just going to help sell more copies if anything, unless they feel the designs may be so badly received it will hurt sales, which if thats the case, why design the mons the way they did in the first place?

I think this is more regarding to the game launching Worldwide. With so many changes, Im sure Gamefreak and TPC/Nintendo have talked about rebooting the Pokemon franchise and creating a standard moving forward. X & Y allow them to finally have full control of the reigns. New hardware, New changes, New gameplay. Keeping everyone in the dark is a pretty fair way to give the world an even playing field and to rekindle that Pokmon nostalgia we all have involving that sense of discovery with every new Pokemon game.

With new apps like Pokemon Bank becoming standard moving forward, It seems that there have been some focused planning regarding the future of the franchise.

backlot

It doesn't matter what the sources are. The joke is that the reactions are exactly the same.

Neiteio

The whole motivation behind a global release is to let the entire world "discover" these Pokemon together. It's a romantic, and somewhat futile thought, but it's what their reasoning has been this go-around.

It doesn't matter what the sources are. The joke is that the reactions are exactly the same.

At a certain point, you reach a threshold where having to spend a certain amount of time explaining why something is funny just means that it isn't funny, at least to those people you're explaining it too. This mirror of gen 5 image is the definition of an inside joke, and some of us just aren't inside.

R0ckman

I think this is more regarding to the game launching Worldwide. With so many changes, Im sure Gamefreak and TPC/Nintendo have talked about rebooting the Pokemon franchise and creating a standard moving forward. X & Y allow them to finally have full control of the reigns. New hardware, New changes, New gameplay. Keeping everyone in the dark is a pretty fair way to give the world an even playing field and to rekindle that Pokmon nostalgia we all have involving that sense of discovery with every new Pokemon game.

With new apps like Pokemon Bank becoming standard moving forward, It seems that there have been some focused planning regarding the future of the franchise.

Makes sense, going forward they can actually exclude old gen pokemon out of entire games.

DigitalOp

Banned
Makes sense, going forward they can actually exclude old gen pokemon out of entire games.

Dangerous subject. Im not opposed to it but which Pokemon are we looking at excluding? Lol...

Lord knows there are some scrubs in EVERY Gen that need to be disposed of!!! Gen V more than others!! >:D

R0ckman

The whole motivation behind a global release is to let the entire world "discover" these Pokemon together. It's a romantic, and somewhat futile thought, but it's what their reasoning has been this go-around.

Honestly I can't remember that many Pokemon via leaks. Ill remember ones I think are cool and not remember the rest. It was still a new experience when I played through BW even having the dex spoiled.

DMG-01

Dangerous subject. Im not opposed to it but which Pokemon are we looking at excluding? Lol...

Lord knows there are some scrubs in EVERY Gen that need to be disposed of!!! Gen V more than others!! >:D

Nidoran♀/♂ should be fused into one Pokémon. I don't think any need to actually be removed though.

If froakie3 has been leaked... Where the fuck are chespin and fennekin 3?!?

One leaker, one choice of starter I guess.

I think some people are just in such deep denial that they don't want to admit how ridiculous they're being.

Personally, I'm fine either way. I hate Binacle and think it's an abomination of a design, but it's not like Gen 3 or Gen 5 didn't have bad designs as well (and I love the living shit out of those games). Just toss away the few, stray pieces of trash and move on.

Caladrius

Nidoran♀/♂ should be fused into one Pokémon. I don't think any need to actually be removed though.

One leaker, one choice of starter I guess.

That bugs me. The entire group gets the pokemon case from sycamore, why wouldn't at least one other starter be battled and why wouldn't they be shown in the pokedex? If it weren't for that detail I'd be absolutely convinced that Greninja was real.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, they may not have been far enough in the game to fight them, but the lack of a second starter still makes me a little bit suspicious.

Top Bottom