• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Fire Emblem Warriors Roster Possibly Leaked?

RedBoot

I have pretty huge doubts about this leak, but to play devil's advocate, here are the sprites from the Japanese FE Warriors website they use for Sakura and Lissa:

chara10.gif
chara19.gif

edit: 2slow

Welp, so much for that. :p I want an Axe Lissa sprite, dammit.

Going to assume that the Anna sprite is accurate to her weapon in this game, though.

I'm just gonna assume legit now.

I might actually get this game if Celica is in, I imagine she won't have any role in the History Mode thing, and will just be in the story near the end and be unimportant, but still. I gotta support my girl Celica.

Also, Celica and Lyn being here at least means Echoes and Blazing will probably get DLC packs with History Mode stuff, so that'll be fun. I actually wasn't hoping for more than just the Lords of each game (i.e. Alm and Celica, Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn, etc.), but with Celica and Lyn in the game already, an Echoes DLC pack would have more space for Alm and other characters, for example.

And assuming Celica's inclusion is also partly based on her amiibo existing, it means good things for Roy and Ike, at least.

My biggest qualm with this game as of late has been that I'd need to pay extra for DLC just to enjoy the characters I want, but with Celica and Lyn here... it doesn't seem so bad.

I find it weird why they'd randomly throw in Celica and Lyn but not also throw in Ike and Roy. If this is real I assume the Lyn and Celica picks were added late to try and please fans upset by the "mostly awakening and fates" stuff.

Ridley327

It's on the Switch Reddit, people are saying it's fake so

Edit: also the amibo logo is missing

Switch games don't have the Amiibo logo on the front.

Huh. Isn't Nintendo supposed to be the publisher outside of Japan? Why are only the K-T logos on thre, then?

It actually looks like that Nintendo is not putting their name on it in the west, despite being the publisher. Both the regular edition and the SE in NA also do not feature their name on the front.

kewlmyc

If true, no Tharja seems odd (got to make that DLC money somehow I guess), also only one stonecaster.

Also weren't we confirmed more Awakening characters?

batfax

Another big miss for me for this having the possibility of being real is that in a developer interview it was stated there was an unmounted, armored knight with a spear. One isn't visible on that set of characters.

Though, I suppose it could just mean that this isn't the complete roster.

Weebos

Banned
Lyn and Celica are dark horse inclusions, never underestimate waifus.

Roster doesn't look bad, I don't know if I needed every single Fates Royal, but at least they are diverse classes.

Marth, Caeda, and Tiki are just about the only Shadow Dragon characters worth including anyway lol. Would have liked Xane.

I assume we will get some bosses too, so Camus could make an appearance.

Moonlight

Banned
Maybe? I'd be surprised they would have let Anna slip that early if they were holding her back for a reveal.
Important to note that could be a non-combat Anna much in the same way you had merchant Annas that acted as VIPs in Awakening to protect. The one on the box could be a variation to help distinguish which Anna is the 'correct' one on the map when you're playing as her.

That said, pretty skeptical of this.

Sandfox

Those are some interesting choices if real.

This would be strange for a final roster. Lyn's inclusion but Ike's exclusion would say to me that FE7 will not get a DLC pack but FE9/10 will.

EDIT: People were suspecting 25 characters based on the character cards, right? Would this add up to 25 if you included the gender swapped avatars? Without thinking too carefully, I'm thinking yes.

Ike is the most popular FE character so if there's DLC of the other games I would expect him to make it.

If true, no Tharja seems odd (got to make that DLC money somehow I guess), also only one stonecaster.

The playable Anna is from Awakening

Lyn and Celica are dark horse inclusions, never underestimate waifus.

Roster doesn't look bad, I don't know if I needed every single Fates Royal, but at least they are diverse classes.

Marth, Caeda, and Tiki are just about the only Shadow Dragon characters worth including anyway lol. Would have liked Xane.

I assume we will get some bosses too, so Camus could make an appearance.

Azura is missing from the royal families

Maybe? I'd be surprised they would have let Anna slip that early if they were holding her back for a reveal.

Well Anna always serves that weird role 4th wall breaking menu character. There are also multiple Anna's in the series. Perhaps the Anna from that gameplay is npc Anna and the playable awakening Anna has her own unique playable sprite.

NeonZ

Actually, no. The last comment regarding future reveals was about Fates and SD characters, and since then we've gotten Fates characters. Of course, they also haven't stated that they've revealed the entire Awakening cast either though.

The playable Anna is from Awakening.

The Anna in that map sprite wears the same hat as the new Warriors Anna, and it was actually Fates Anna that used bows. Awakening Anna was staves + sword. That gameplay map sprite also seems to show her with the same outfit as the Anna used in promotion for Warriors so far (cape over white outfit). The generic merchant Annas in Awakening had a different design from the main one.

L95

Screams fan-made. This isn't Mario; don't see why Nintendo would use sprites from previous games on their boxart.

Well, they're doing it for this game, the Japanese LE has sprites very similar to the "leak", and pretty much all the sprites are reused from Awakening/Fates.

Amusingly, this exact situation (with the JP LE instead of the English one) was how Lissa and Male Robin were leaked a couple of days before they were officially revealed. IF this is real, I'm... surprised they made the same mistake twice.

CronoShot

Celica of all choices seems...weird. Lyn as the only character from her game makes sense because she's a huge fan favorite, but Celica? Hector, Ike, Roy, or even Tharja would make much more sense. Could have saved Alm + Celica for an easy DLC pack too.

L95

Okay, that was harder than it should've been. Picture of the Japanese LE. (I think its due to most versions of the image circulating have the box removed due to early revealing lissa/m mrobin, as I mentioned <.<)

DDYqtRoXYAAAZ5J.jpg

EDIT: Hmm, I just noticed, the Japanese LE box doesn't have the amiibo logo on it. Am I just blind?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I mean, it's so goddamn obvious that they'll save some of the more popular, but less important characters for the DLC packs.

They've already done so with Hyrule Warriors.

Assuming this is real the final break down is

23 (25 with f robin m corrin)
Original: 2 (twins)
Shadow Dragon: 3 (marth, caeda, tiki)
Blazing Sword: 1 (lyn)
Awakening: 7 (chrom, robin, fredrick, lissana, cordelia, anna, lucina)
Fates: 9 (corrin, xander, ryoma, hinoka, camilla, sakura, elise, takumi, leo)
Shadows of valentia: 1 (celica)

Foot Swords: 9 (marth, chrom, ryoma, lucina, twins, lyn, *corrin, *celica)
Mounted swords: 1 (xander)
Foot axes: 1 (lisanna)
Mounted axes: 2 (camilla, fredrick)
Foot lances: 0
Mounted lances: 3 (hinoka, caeda, cordellia)
Foot mages: 1 (robin)
Mounted mages: 2 (elize, leo)
Foot archers: 3 (anna, takumi, sakura)
Mounted archers: 0
Dragon stone: 1 (tiki)

Stars next to corrin and celica since I dunno if the game classifies their weapons as swords or magic/dragon stone respectively. No armor knights is truly mind blowing to me since they're a staple fe class.

woopWOOP

Lyn and Celica would be kind of random if the roster's supposed to focus on SD, Awakening and Fates.
It'd be neat, but weird. Like, atleast select one character of each entry then.

Ridley327

Okay, that was harder than it should've been. Picture of the Japanese LE. (I think its due to most versions of the image circulating have the box removed due to early revealing lissa/m mrobin, as I mentioned <.<)

DDYqtRoXYAAAZ5J.jpg

EDIT: Hmm, I just noticed, the Japanese LE box doesn't have the amiibo logo on it. Am I just blind?

Again, Switch games do not have the Amiibo logo on the front of the box. The European SE is the first time any game has done that, which is what's leading me to believe that it's a temp in the first place.

NeonZ

If this is really the final line up, it makes their decision of adding all the Fates Royals pretty odd. Hinoka and Sakura over fan favorites like Tharja and Owain/Odin just to claim they have all royals there?

I guess they could want to keep some fan favorites for DLC, but it still makes the large Fates cast odd.

Edit: And Ike or Roy. I was only thinking about Awakening while posting that

L95

Again, Switch games do not have the Amiibo logo on the front of the box. The European SE is the first time any game has done that, which is what's leading me to believe that it's a temp in the first place.

Oh, I'm sorry. I missed that part of your earlier posts... somehow (I need sleep)

BaconHat

I mean, it's so goddamn obvious that they'll save some of the more popular, but less important characters for the DLC packs.

They've already done so with Hyrule Warriors.

But basing our reasoning on hyrule warriors, we'll never get the best characters. Otherwise we would have gotten Groose.

On-topic, it is also possible that characters like ike are right now boss characters in history mode and will be added with a free patch, a la cia/Wizzro/Volga.

ASaiyan

Banned
So Lyn and Celica, but no Ike? Roy? Hector?

Lyn is great to hear, but if we were breaking "three games only" anyhow we could've gone farther, lol. Celica without Alm is especially weird since they're co-main characters in a game that just rereleased with amiibo you can't even buy separately
in NA anyway

NeonZ

On-topic, it is also possible that characters like ike are right now boss characters in history mode and will be added with a free patch, a la cia/Wizzro/Volga.

I guess you mean "story" mode? Ike only would be a boss in History mode if they included Radiant Dawn maps, but Micaiah clearly isn't here.

They could include some of the Awakening DLC maps in History mode, but that'd be odd. It'd be like referencing a reference.

If this is really the final line up, it makes their decision of adding all the Fates Royals pretty odd. Hinoka and Sakura over fan favorites like Tharja and Owain/Odin just to claim they have all royals there?

Edit: I guess they could want to keep some fan favorites for DLC, but it still makes the large Fates cast odd.

Better yet if you're gonna have all the royals why not go all the way and put Azura in so we can have a lance user on foot. If you're including hinoka and caeda with lances why is cordellia in the game? How are there no armor knight characters?

Ridley327

So Lyn and Celica, but no Ike? Roy? Hector?

Lyn is great to hear, but if we were breaking "three games only" anyhow we could've gone farther, lol. Celica without Alm is especially weird since they're co-main characters in a game that just rereleased with amiibo you can't even buy separately
in NA anyway

I don't think FEW has ever been announced as strictly a three-game focus; only that it's primarily about those three games. That's more than enough wiggle room to justify Lyn and Celica's inclusion, though I wonder if they're even part of the main story and instead are available for missions only, like Fem Robin/Male Corrin.

Strings

No armor knights is truly mind blowing to me since they're a staple fe class.

No thieves/assassins with dual daggers either right? I suppose guys like Matthew and Jaffar aren't exactly well-known, but it's weird to exclude the entire class, even as just a token Fates ninja inclusion.

I'm a bit too drunk to analyse this, so this could very easily be a fake but... Celica would save this god-awful roster for me. I was seriously considering buying the game and waiting until some DLC for with decent characters was announced, but if Celica (one of my favorite chars from my favorite FE game) really is in the base game then HECC YES BABY, I'M IN!

Too few Shadow Dragon Characters. No representation from most of the other games. Nothing against Lyn, I want Eliwood and Hector as well. No Ike, Sigurd, or any of the good Lords. Rooster is complete trash. I think it's 100% legit.

I don't think FEW has ever been announced as strictly a three-game focus; only that it's primarily about those three games. That's more than enough wiggle room to justify Lyn and Celica's inclusion, though I wonder if they're even part of the main story and instead are available for missions only, like Fem Robin/Male Corrin.

My issue with that is if you're gonna fudge the 3 game rule you should have just gone all the way and had 2-3 of characters from every fe game. If you're gonna stick with only 3 games don't horribly skimp one of the 3 and have a better diversity of characters/weapons from those games. Cordellia was one of the reasons I had hopes for the base roster assuming the latter since she's not a main character so she seemed to open the flood gates for other non main characters. Assuming this leak is real she's the ONLY not main character to make the roster (anna I guess arguably but she has been in every game and is THE major reoccuring character)

No thieves/assassins with dual daggers either right? I suppose guys like Matthew and Jaffar aren't exactly well-known, but it's weird to exclude the entire class, even as just a token Fates ninja inclusion.

Shit you're right I was so taken back by no armor knights I didn't event think about no thieves/assassins.

NeonZ

That npc Anna gameplay sprite seems to be a thief (carrying a bag over her shoulders). The one in the leaked cover could be meant to be an outlaw, which were Fates' replacement for thieves, but they go with bows rather than swords or knives.

Tharja and Azura's omission and Lyn over Ike raises my suspicion.

Isn't Ike pretty much the go to cameo guy for non Shadow Dragon game references. Even before the heroes poll Nintendo had to know he was popular.

Celica makes sense,recent game and all, but I feel like if there including characters from one of the games that isn't featured Ike would take priority over Lyn.

I say this as someone who would much rather have Lyn on the roster.

Oh well at least TGS will probably confirm or deny this so we won't have to wait long.

Tharja and Azura's omission and Lyn over Ike raises my suspicion.

Isn't Ike pretty much the go to cameo guy for non Shadow Dragon games. Even before the heroes poll Nintendo had to know he was popular.

Celica makes sense,recent game and all, but I feel like if there including characters from one of the games that isn't featured Ike would take priority over Lyn.

I say this as someone who would much rather have Lyn on the roster.

These are the same people who added bug princess agitha from twilight princess over groose, linebeck, or vaati for hyrule warriors.

L95

These are the same people who added bug princess agitha from twilight princess over groose, linebeck, or vaati for hyrule warriors.

Also the same people who also said they were originally not going to include Lucina in the roster until Intelligent System insisted on her being in.

RedBoot

Another big miss for me for this having the possibility of being real is that in a developer interview it was stated there was an unmounted, armored knight with a spear. One isn't visible on that set of characters.

Though, I suppose it could just mean that this isn't the complete roster.

Maybe it's Kellam?

Isn't TGS supposed to have reveals of one character each for the covered games? I thought I read that in one of the Media Create threads. How is that supposed to work with this roster?

Dice//

Banned
I find it weird why they'd randomly throw in Celica and Lyn but not also throw in Ike and Roy. If this is real I assume the Lyn and Celica picks were added late to try and please fans upset by the "mostly awakening and fates" stuff.

modern emblem :(

Top Bottom