• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Fire Emblem Warriors Roster Possibly Leaked?

Ridley327

Isn't TGS supposed to have reveals of one character each for the covered games? I thought I read that in one of the Media Create threads. How is that supposed to work with this roster?

No, we just know that they're revealing at least two characters period, with no specifications otherwise. If you assume that the Direct has a trailer for the Shadow Dragon cast, that would leave Anna, Lyn and Celica for TGS.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's interesting that the final 5 characters might all be women. My intuition tells me having a string of reveals like that is pretty uncommon.

OVDRobo

I'll never discount the possibility of leaks like this so close to a Nintendo Direct, but I'd definitely find it disappointing. Tiki's fine though I personally prefer the Awakening version. Caeda's neither here nor there. Lyn is good but seems like a half-assed counter-measure to people's whining and adding Celica without Alm also just comes across as a half-assed emergency measure because they got scared by the feedback.

I doubt a couple of characters (one being Celica of all people) are going to change naysayer's minds about the roster and if anything may serve to convince them they were right.

If this is true, though, I'll definitely hold off on purchasing it until I can see what they add as DLC as there's been some real questionable decisions with character choice already and hopefully the wait and any associated price drop will serve to offset some of the DLC gouging if I even bother picking it up.

Why wouldn't you believe that?

Tharja will absolutely and unquestionably be put into the game at some point.

This.

Going by the heroes poll she is literally the third most popular female character in the series, and if this leak is true she'd be the only one in the top 5 not to be in the game.

Oddish1

I'm going to say fake. Lyn and Celica's inclusion don't make any sense to me and I don't think they'd include both male and female Robin and Corrin on the boxart since they're basically alts.

Kevdo

I really want Tharja and Caeda to be in just so that there's a good chance another character says their names and I can finally convince my friends to pronounce them correctly.

I really want Tharja and Caeda to be in just so that there's a good chance another character says their names and I can finally convince my friends to pronounce them correctly.

I always thought Tharja was pretty straight forward.

How do they pronounce it?

PBalfredo

Also the same people who also said they were originally not going to include Lucina in the roster until Intelligent System insisted on her being in.

Wait. Really?

How do you even think about including Awakening characters without Lucina?

Kevinroc

Celica without Alm is weird to think about. But I'll definitely take the sword wielding magic user. She should have a great moveset.

Lyn should always have been in.

Sad to see Ike not in the base roster. I think every FE character who is playable in Smash (plus Lyn since she was an Assist Trophy) should have been in the base roster. That means Roy should have been in as well. (And yes, I know that Ike and Roy seem like obvious candidates for potential DLC.)

Shiggy

There's absolutely no way that this image is a fake. The image of the announcement box was never published in such a high resolution, and with this image only popping up at a retailer, it would take more time than necessary to fake it.

Might just be an unfinished or updated version of the box that Nintendo Iberica accidentally sent out.

Gambit

That image looks far too real to me to have any doubts.
Celica and Lyn are very pleasant surprises.

I just wish they had gone a little more off-beat with Awakening and Fates. Lon'Qu, Flora or something like that.

Anyway, I really hope we will see a lot of interaction between the characters from the different titles.

PS: Surprise announcement of a Tokyo Mirage Sessions character would be awesome as well.

For what it's worth, I can at least believe Lyn getting in because IS has gone on record as being taken aback by just how popular she was, and she's proven enduringly so in FE Heroes. I wouldn't be surprised if she was added somewhat later in development (i.e., in February or March or so after the Choose Your Legend FEH vote concluded); they clearly have it in their heads that she's A Draw now.

Celica is a bit more questionable, but, well, recent game and all.

We'll find out soon!

...wait, how else would you say it? Thar-ya?

If you're being at all true to the JP pronunciation, yes, exactly. Phonetically the kana of her name are more like sa-ri-ya (and I always thought straight-up Sariya looked, read and sounded better).

LordKano

This is weird. It's too well made to be a fake, plus it wouldn't be the first time characters leaked through collector edition...but the addition of Lyn and Celica makes no sense as, with the way History mode works, they would need a dedicated map card for each of their game ? Why wouldn't they put 5 characters from SD and instead represent 3 different games ?
The roster was decided before Echoes was even announced.

EDIT : Lyn was in Awakening DLC, they could put her in the Awakening side, but Celica ?
EDIT 2 : oh wait, Celica was DLC too, okay that's how they'll do it.

I'm going to say fake. Lyn and Celica's inclusion don't make any sense to me and I don't think they'd include both male and female Robin and Corrin on the boxart since they're basically alts.

What part of the winner of the global popularity poll (Lyn) and one of the two leads from the most recent fire emblem game doesn't make sense to you?

Kevdo

If you're being at all true to the JP pronunciation, yes, exactly. Phonetically the kana of her name are more like sa-ri-ya (and I always thought straight-up Sariya looked, read and sounded better).

It's more like Sar-ya, there's no overt "i" in the Japanese version, but that's the idea, yep. And Tharja seems to me more a Nordic/Scandinavian sort of name than a, well, English one, which would have the J pronounced like a Y, Torbjorn-style.

Oddish1

What part of the winner of the global popularity poll (Lyn) and one of the two leads from the most recent fire emblem game doesn't make sense to you?

Because Ike is far more popular so it would make more sense to include him instead. And Celica seems too recent and too late simultaneously, her game came out after the roster was finalized so she wouldn't get in due to popularity, and her game came out five months ago so it doesn't make sense to me to include her to advertise for it now.

EDIT: And that's not getting into how the focus is clearly meant to be on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates, and questions about how this is supposed to work with the History mode.

VegiHam

Eh, I kinda feel like if it was supposed to be pronounced like that they'd've localised it like that? Why put a j in if you don't want a juh sound?
Celica is cooler then Alm.

Even if her characters is rather dumb in Echoes.

(I really don't know, don't buy this leak, but if it's real. It wouldn't bother me)

There aren't many mages represented in the game, would be my guess. That's why I would have added her over Alm if it was up to me anyway.
I guess that makes sense. Feels kinda unbalanced though with all the stuff for Echoes playing up the two of them as a pair and this game being like nope just this one.

Because Ike is far more popular so it would make more sense to include him instead. And Celica seems too recent and too late simultaneously, her game came out after the roster was finalized so she wouldn't get in due to popularity, and her game came out five months ago so it doesn't make sense to me to include her to advertise for it now.

The first point is your baseless speculation. Lyn won the poll which is the only real source we have for that, not Ike. You can argue because Ike's votes were split among two versions he technically won, but you can't assume all those votes would have moved over.

The second point is either wrong by default or they always planned to have an echoes character. They almost certainly were made aware of Echoes existence before the general public was. Again, if this leak is real you're clearly wrong, so I don't see what you're trying to argue.

Edit:https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/fire-emblem-echoes-dengeki-developer-interview-april-2017/

Echoes began development in 2015 , so there was easily enough time for them to tell Koei about it.

Kevinroc

I don't think Intelligent Systems telling Koei Tecmo that they were remaking Gaiden, and requesting Celica (or KT deciding to use Celica) is all that far fetched.

Oddish1

The first point is your baseless speculation. Lyn won the poll which is the only real source we have for that, not Ike. You can argue because Ike's votes were split among two versions he technically won, but you can't assume all those votes would have moved over.

Can't say I agree, seems like a fairly safe assumption that Ike is more popular than Lyn is. After all, who's to say the poll is accurate. Ike is in Smash after all and there are probably far more people who are familiar with him than there are Lyn who just didn't participate in the poll, in addition to how Ike's votes were split. I would think IS and Koei Tecmo would realize this since most of the fanbase seems to, but maybe not.

The second point is either wrong by default or they always planned to have an echoes character. Again, if this leak is real you're clearly wrong, so I don't see what you're trying to argue.

If I'm wrong I would indeed be wrong, well spotted.

Can't say I agree, seems like a fairly safe assumption that Ike is more popular than Lyn is. After all, who's to say the poll is accurate. Ike is in Smash after all and there are probably far more people who are familiar with him than there are Lyn who just didn't participate in the poll, in addition to how Ike's votes were split. I would think IS and Koei Tecmo would realize this since most of the fanbase seems to, but maybe not.

Lyn is in smash as an assist trophy too. While that's obviously not comparable with a player character, the smash audience should be well aware of her.

If I'm wrong I would indeed be wrong, well spotted.

You apparently needed it pointed out, after all. Given your above response.

Top Bottom