• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] GTA Single player DLC has been replaced with online map expansions model.

meerak

Meh, we all knew this already. Stopped caring about GTAV single player dlc ages ago.

R* is on record somewhere saying that the dream of GTA online was GTA world, someone should find that..

Piers

It's obviously doing super good for them but... How? Everyone I know who play games has played GTA5. Literally none of them has even tried GTAO.

Casuals. I have spotted two, maybe three times, people playing Online in RL during trips and visits.
I assume it's transcended into a sort of hang-out for these people. Destiny is actually not far off, either, so perhaps it's partly to do with the jack-of-all-trades these games can give. (Competitive, co-op, racing, mini-games etc)

AndyVirus

Struggling to believe it. I barely played any Online past the first few weeks but how much content can really warrant a "full price release" for the expansions? And if they went with more map, I imagine the Housers would've pushed hard for a single player component.

Ploid 3.0

I don't understand how Rockstar got people to buy those crappy Shark Cards. Well I suppose I don't because I played before they made the game so tedious to collect money on your own. It's why I stopped playing even. I'm still filthy rich in the game, but what are people even needing money for outside of expensive cars and the suites?

Recently I played the game to put a bounty on someone, but that seem to be removed, I instead hired NPCs to kill someone. It wasn't as satisfying because it just seemed like the guy killed himself and the hired contractor took the credit. I wish I could rain millions from my tower and watch people kill each other over it. I'll try again, it's probably moved in the menu.

I like GTA Online, I have put a lot of hours into just messing about but have never once even considered paying real money for game cash. Can't believe people spend so much!

As for this leak, forgetting about the loss of single player content and just taking this possible content for what it is, I must admit I'm excited to try the new areas... If it's true.

I play GTA online still with friends, I'd buy expansions for sure. I don't get all the 'it's trash' comments, it's not perfect by any means but it can be great.

Anth0ny

pretty sure this is fucking fake

how can someone leak shit this far in advance

though single player dlc being replaced with online dlc should be no surprise to anyone

Even if the leak isn't true, they definitely don't have plans for single player DLC anymore. Which is a damn shame, they could have potentially fixed the mess of a story that GTAV had.

pretty sure this is fucking fake

how can someone leak shit this far in advance

though single player dlc being replaced with online dlc should be no surprise to anyone

Do you think they only plan 6 months in advance? Not saying this is true, but they could easily be planning for so far ahead. Especially because of how successful it has been.

jesu

The guys previous leak wasn't very accurate.

Multiplayer will be more like single-player.

Activities will be all open, and also there will be missions like in single-player, although they will be their own unique story heists set up for people to team up and take down.

Some missions, players will be split up and each person has their different roles to play in the set-up, when certain missions go down, you will be competing with other crews who are working on their own agenda.

Also some players will be able to choose to play as cops like in GTA IV, and they have to stop the heists and gang wars and various missions from happening.

You will also have your own gang-hideouts, which other players will try to take over whenever they want, and you will have to defend them, a bit like turf wars.

Other modes like ‘Mafiya Wars’ will also be fully integrated in to the free roam, where players can choose to compete or just not bother.. there will be ‘Land Grab’ and ‘Most Wanted’ type features similar to Red Dead Redemption but expand

By 2020 it's very possible the Playstation 5(?) will be a year old (going on possible 3-year release schedule) and the successor to the Scorpio might be coming out at that time. That's 7ish years since GTA 5 and would mean they would possibly skip this generation of systems completely.

What a monumental disappointment this would be for me (and others) if this is the route they decide to go down. I've tried to get into GTA online, but that whole infrastructure seems like it's held together by duct tape and constantly seems on the verge of breaking/being held in seemingly never ending loading screens. It's not my thing and surprisingly no one on my friends list has touched it in years, it seems.

With the absolutely massive success of GTA, I find it hard to believe they'd be content on not working on a successor that will undoubtedly be another massive, gargantuan success.

I personally find it hard to believe they aren't already a few years deep into development on the next GTA.

Simo

This is all fake and speculative bullshit just an fyi and was dismissed weeks ago.

Also they've started pulling staff off of GTAO at North to work on Red Dead or a new project.

Piers

They never introduced a true party system to the game where you could play modes with other people. Virtually every job is empty unless it's a featured (2x RP or 2x money) job. Any time you do get into a game with 8 or so people, usually somebody drops, OR the game launches and every random person switches to 1 team so it ends up being 7 vs. 1, and people are doing that just to farm money.

Even if you do successfully get a 4 vs 4 game, the likelihood someone drops, and then someone switches teams, etc., is so high. I don't think i've ever seen multiple balanced matches before one after the other. And, eventually, your room just votes in a grinding race.

And this is the bit that kills me. I do get that, yes, incentives and all that, but the constant "1000000$$ RP" shit that comes up and is super popular sort of kills my hope for the game because the player base by nature are greedy little assholes.
The fact that there are players who have to question joining in on a popular race because "Is the payout good tho??" over "Is this fun?" elicits all manner of sickness in me.

Vuze

Good thing - if this turns out to be true - is that I expect these maps to be available in SP within a week via modding.
The hunting DLC sounds cool though, I kinda enjoyed the SP hunting missions.

I gave up hope for a story DLC a while ago. GTA:O is a pretty bland experience, especially if you don't have atleast four regulars who play with you and I haven't spent a dime on their virtual currency and won't.
It's fun for two hours with my bro every weekend or so, however.

E: Seems this guy has a fake track record. Give me my hunting activities regardless!

Rellik

This is all fake and speculative bullshit just an fyi and was dismissed weeks ago.

Also they've started pulling staff off of GTAO at North to work on Red Dead or a new project.

What are North helping with on Read Dead? The online part?

tilomite!

I love GTA V as much as anybody, but I don't quite get the popularity of GTAO. Maybe there's some great updates since I last played.

I know they don't owe anyone.

But as someone who enjoys gta online. (I play with my wife and some friends it is actually a lot of fun that way boring as shit by yourself though.)

They really kinda need to release gta single player expansions or something, I feel like that's kinda whats made gta popular, and making the online money.

Moltenix

All those potential maps and it might be for online only?! Whaaaaat!

I would kill for some single player in the full San Andreas.

Not like this Rockstar...

2020 is 4 years away, but a Vice City would be amazing
Grand Theft World
I wouldn't be that mad, I liked gta online, never spent a dime but it was fun to play

My biggest issue with GTAO is the load times...if they weren't so epically long, I'd probably play it a lot more than I already have.

thats why I stopped playing, just awful tbh

Coxy100

Banned
do we know how much the online part of the game has made compared to the single player? (as in when game was first released - the multiplayer wasn't ready right?)

Cool, my friends and I appreciate it. The SP story was enough, if I want to have fun in GTA I much prefer to fuck around with some friends in MP.

Simo

What are North helping with on Read Dead? The online part?

No idea but per a gaffer, they said they were taken off of GTAO finally to work on a new project. This was last month and as such obviously before RDR2 reveal.

bud23

It's why I stopped playing even. I'm still filthy rich in the game, but what are people even needing money for outside of expensive cars and the suites?

More cars, expensive car upgrades, more apartments/ warehouses/ suites, expensive apts upgrades, expensive motorbikes, expensive upgrades for your bikes, expensive yachts, expensive upgrades for your yatch, expensive helicopters, expensive planes, expensive boats, expensive weapons, expensive ammo, expensive clubhouses (to start a motorcycle club), expensive clothes, and so on..

shandy706

I will enjoy all these things while in my own server alone. LOL

I already play all the missions with single player options by myself anyway X-D. Glad they left that option at least.

inner-G

Banned
They'll get more of my money for GTA the next time they release a single player game. I'm not putting a cent into their online stuff.

Akai__

Also, this thread just reminds me of this thread with pictures like this:
miwGfbY.jpg

Something something PS4/Xbox One would melt if this was true.

Lucifon

The success of GTA:O baffles me, the game is terrible and has negative design decisions left right and centre due to the pushing of microtransactions. It seems to be a hit with younger teenagers particularly.

The one question i keep thinking whenever i hear how amazing GTAO is doing:

Who ARE these people!?

ME! I love GTAO, it's such a blast to just hop in and fuck around with my friends. There's a ton of stuff to do and the sandbox really lets you just cut loose with pretty much whatever you want

Top Bottom