• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Honestly, it doesn't have to be Shaolin Monks 2, but I want some kind of third person action adventure game set in the MK universe. So many options for environments and enemy types. Hell, they could even nab the Nemesis system from SoM and really flesh it out, because nobody ever truly dies in MK.

bildschirmfoto07jlasfvt5.png

Ed Boon is starting his boot teasing like he did with MKX.

Who could that be? Injustice II character or Kombat Pack 3 character?

Ryce

The leg in that pic reminds me of Atrocitus. Are there any notable bars or pubs in the DC universe?

Edit: It might be Penguin's Iceberg Lounge.

zezRGXO.png

TDLink

The leg in that pic reminds me of Atrocitus. Are there any notable bars or pubs in the DC universe?

Edit: It might be Penguin's Iceberg Lounge.

I agree, could be Atrocitus. IIRC, a lot of people were calling for him to be in the first game.

It's Netherrealm though. So your answer is already wrong. :p

But WB has been pushing the "gritty" and "less colorful" look for the movies, so is more from them than the developer.

Yeah, for the movies. They're really pushing for color and more diverse looks in the comics. So it all depends on NR and WB deciding which to chase. I'm gonna guess it's going to be ugly armor 2: Electric Boogaloo.

RM8

Probably because I'm not a big DC fan, but I still can't grasp my head about the idea of having a super hero Smash Bros. and then have it lack colour. I feel super shallow, but it genuinely affected my enjoyment of the game (on top of the painfully ugly faces and dumb looking fight damage). With some improvements, I can see myself getting into Injustice this time, so I remain hopeful.

ZeroX03

Banned
Probably because I'm not a big DC fan, but I still can't grasp my head about the idea of having a super hero Smash Bros. and then have it lack colour. I feel super shallow, but it genuinely affected my enjoyment of the game (on top of the painfully ugly faces and dumb looking fight damage). With some improvements, I can see myself getting into Injustice this time, so I remain hopeful.

Smash Bros? Smash and traditional FG's are very different. Not sure how Injustice is a super hero 'Smash Bros'.

Will it have Beast Boy? I won't care unless it has Beast Boy. Oh, and Animal Man...and B'wana Beast.

And do really weird characters like Klarion.

SUPARSTARX

You guys shouldn't even buy this at full retail. They have been pretty bad on support. Like after MKX came out, Injustice on Xbox/PS3 died. Balance is poor on all their games.

And we all know how well PC support turned out.

ZeroX03

Banned
You guys shouldn't even buy this at full retail. They have been pretty bad on support. Like after MKX came out, Injustice on Xbox/PS3 died. Balance is poor on all their games.

What you get from day one is well worth the $60.

I do agree on support and balance however, NRS have a bad track record and even now MKX has a lot of messed up shit.

It's The Flash's feet. He wore out his boots.

I definitely am not buying the game until every single DLC is out on PC and the game performs well. It pains me that I'll have to do the same for the Superman game WB is planning too.

RM8

Smash Bros? Smash and traditional FG's are very different. Not sure how Injustice is a super hero 'Smash Bros'.
I mean, you're looking at the differences and not the similarities (it's a character dream match). Lol, like I implied Injustice plays like SSB.

Thores

Seriously? Balance can be a little lopsided for certain characters when these games first come out, but I personally feel that both Injustice and MKX are a couple of the most balanced competitive fighters as of their most recent patches. At least in the sense that every character is viable and no one character is super broken. The tournament scenes at the end of Injustice's life, and at the current point of MKX's life, have both had a really impressive variety of characters being played. It's been exciting to see.

PC ports have definitely been garbage, though. I'm lucky enough to play these games on console but I feel bad for people that don't have or don't prefer that option.

I mean, you're looking at the differences and not the similarities (it's a character dream match). Lol, like I implied Injustice plays like SSB.

It's not a character dream match like SSB at all.

The DC characters are already crossed over in their canon.

shaowebb

Man I can't get it out of my head now. If its Atrocitus then pairing him with Dex-Starr as a trait would allow them to put a Ferra Torr moveset into Injustice. That plus Bane returning would be magnificent.

Khezu

If that's not Atrocitus I will be sad.

I really wanted him in Injustice.

Not even sure what else it could be.

TreIII

Man I can't get it out of my head now. If its Atrocitus then pairing him with Dex-Starr as a trait would allow them to put a Ferra Torr moveset into Injustice. That plus Bane returning would be magnificent.

If that's not Atrocitus I will be sad.

I really wanted him in Injustice.

Not even sure what else it could be.

I'm with you both.

Besides, I think the main way that they could up the ante for an Injustice sequel is to introduce more aliens and cosmic entities. That pretty much means guys like Atrocitus and Darkseid should have more to do in the plot, this time!

SpaceWolf

Banned

If this IS a screenshot from the Injustice sequel, my instincts are telling me that the stage in the background is a random Liverpudlian bar, coinciding with a John Constantine reveal.

Please don't hold me to any of that, though.

Top Bottom