• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Ed Boon's new Twitter Icon
T6m7XHRx.jpg

https://twitter.com/noobde

Finally! The MKII remake we all want!

Compbros

Will there be a button for stand switching again? The most useless feature ever.

It has it's uses, the button was used for some characters special moves in MKX and is great for mind games in MK9. But, yeah, it'll probably be back since I believe it has something to do with the way the engine works.

C-Sword

It has it's uses, the button was used for some characters special moves in MKX and is great for mind games in MK9. But, yeah, it'll probably be back since I believe it has something to do with the way the engine works.

Problem was certain combos were also stand specific, which is stupid. There's no way that feature can't be removed, I still find it funny that MKX doesn't have a button for running because it has to be used for stand switching.

Khezu

It's not really a part of the engine, it's just a side effect of how they choose to animate their characters. They really like having the different "stances" so they can have moves transition from back facing to front facing to create a more natural look.
At least that's the excuse Paulo gave.

They don't actually need the button, they just kinda like it at this point, and I guess in the random case of hitboxes only working against one stance.

Hector even joked about it during the launch of MK9 that they kept forgetting to remove the stance button until it was too late and they shipped the game.

I still find it funny that MKX doesn't have a button for running because it has to be used for stand switching.

Stance button had nothing to do with not having a run button, it was a very deliberate gameplay choice.

wamberz1

So Kate Cassidy posted this on Instagram. Did she let something slip? Is this injustice related?

Black Canary played a pretty huge role in the injustice comics so I'm suprised she didn't show up in the game. Wouldn't be surprised at all if that happens for the second one.
also FOR THE LOVE OF THE SOURCE GIVE US DARKSIED

Will there be a button for stand switching again? The most useless feature ever.

Maybe we'll get lucky and WB will force them to switch to UE4 so the can use it as a selling point, and NRS will be unable to reuse any code and will have to redo their input reading and hit detection and character movement and combo system code!

Dinjoralo

I can't wait to see what company Warner Bros. has hired to make sure the PC version won't work as intended. I'll happily pass on this.

And I'd love to see them use UE4, just to see if it shares some of SFV's technical issues.

vaderise

Improvements should be made for this game:
-Decent looking character models
-Interesting environments
-Good art style
-Interesting rooster with characters like Booster Gold,Starfire,Spectre etc.
-A better move set for Superman.He was the most boring character to play in first game.

fernoca

Are you sure? A lot of character models in UE3 games that were aiming to be realistic looking, tended to have the kind of square jaws you'd only see on people who took HGH.
They share stuff they've made to save time and costs, but is not an UE3 thing; just modeling on their side.

TreIII

I'd love it if they did something more like the mainline comics, but knowing them, it'll be gritty as fuck.

I think it could probably go either way.

My hope is that especially after the backlash from BvS, which only intensified accusations of WB/DC being "too gritty", "unfun" and "taking itself too seriously" outside of comics, they won't be afraid to let Netherrealm make the sequel at least somewhat more colorful.

So who turns evil in this one?

Probably Batman.

Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if they did a little bit of "Batman deconstruction" for once in this type of thing. The previous game and comic book storyline was open season for Supes, so I think it would only be fair for Bats to get his turn.

But realistically, there's likely no reason for DC's Golden Boy to be portrayed in such a way, and if his arcade mode ending was anything to go by:
Injustice!Batman wouldn't necessarily be Batman anymore, anyway, unless things really hit the fan again.

-Good art style
-A better move set for Superman.He was the most boring character to play in first game.

-an ost

BadAss2961

-Good art style
They did a good job with the stages last time.

Superman's moveset was just right -- that's how he fights. He was godlike before they nerfed him.

I think it could probably go either way.

My hope is that especially after the backlash from BvS, which only intensified accusations of WB/DC being "too gritty", "unfun" and "taking itself too seriously" outside of comics, they won't be afraid to let Netherrealm make the sequel at least somewhat more colorful.

Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if they did a little bit of "Batman deconstruction" for once in this type of thing. The previous game and comic book storyline was open season for Supes, so I think it would only be fair for Bats to get his turn.

But realistically, there's likely no reason for DC's Golden Boy to be portrayed in such a way, and if his arcade mode ending was anything to go by:
Injustice!Batman wouldn't necessarily be Batman anymore, anyway, unless things really hit the fan again.

The thing is, this is still NRS and NRS is going to make an NRS game. NRS does not want to make anything less violent or gritty.

Batman on the Mobius chair is the Batgod villain Batman could be. It's the all knowing Batman that will try to stop a crime before the person even thinks of doing it. You can read the recent Justice League: Darkseid War to see him in action. He's pretty great.

Jonogunn

Loved the first one.

My only gripes. The walk speed was WAY too slow.

I wish they didn't stick with the MK model where practically all characters have a projectile as well as having projectiles that are so damn hard to jump over. Also full screen instant projectiles (raven's attack, aquaman's attack) doesn't make the game fun.

Combos are way too long. One touch and it's a 10 second long combo.

Other than these things I love the game. I love superheroes and they graphics for this game was amazing.

I'm not a fan of MVC game mechanics at all. I wish they made a marvel game similar o this or street fighters style.

OrochiJR

Hope we finally get a Bane that is more in line with his original version of the comics or Tom Hardy's version in The Dark Knight Rises. Most of his appearances in games (and the Batman and Robin movie lingering in the mainstream conciousness) portray him as a huge superhuman brute, whereas at the start he was similar to Batman, a human in peak condition (although slightly enhanced by Venom) while also possessing a keen intellect which allowed him to plot the whole Knightfall thing. I know in a game where characters battle the likes of Supes and Flash this will be a little unlikely, but that's a pet peeve I always had when it comes to Bane's portrayal in media outside of the comics.

I don't mind the dark and dourness of Injustice's design (or DC in general these days), it was the specific way that it was interpreted by NRS's artists that I hope gets revamped. Characters were way overdesigned, too much or an armor/cybernetic look. I would like to see something that is a little more outside of NRS wheelhouse artistically. Spread dem wings, designers!

TreIII

The thing is, this is still NRS and NRS is going to make an NRS game. NRS does not want to make anything less violent or gritty.

Even so, like someone said earlier, it really says something when MK9 and MKX both come off as having more in the way of vibrant color than the game they made in between did.

And as anybody who has read a DC comic in recent years can attest, just because it's much more colorful doesn't mean it'll be any less gritty. The Injustice comics were arguably more violent and grim than the game was, if only because the over-the-top violence and death put even the game to shame.

Top Bottom