• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

TDLink

So Kate Cassidy posted this on Instagram. Did she let something slip? Is this injustice related?

Nice. So Black Canary would be one new character. Like I said before, I hope they go all out with the CW show characters and toss a bunch in with their actors reprising. Would be great. This is a good indicator that it may be happening.

Fordfx2

Since Boon said they dont repeat DLC characters we all know the next logical choice after Scorpion is Sub-Zero for Injustice 2.

Its gonna happen.

If we HAVE to have a MK character, Shang Tsung would be cool to have.... shape shift into a DC toon...LMAO!

Squire

Banned
I always assumed the character variation stuff was a tested for the feature in an Injustice sequel. This fiction lends itself to that naturally and far better than MK could ever hope to.

And honestly? Whether it can be justified as far as differences in move sets borders on irrelevant. People just want to see/be their favorite character(s) more than anything else.

fernoca

I was seriously perturbed when they announced Scorpion for Injustice cause I felt like they could have put another DC character in that spot. And low and behind more DC characters were announced but not in the same DLC pack. Pissed me off that Scorpion is part of the freaking season pass but not Martian Manhunter, total bullshit.

Freddy and all the horror movie villains makes perfect since in Mortal Kombat's gory over the top world bloody world. Scorpion in a Super hero fighting game doesn't. Hell it still didn't make sense in Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe.
It doesn't have to make sense. I'm not saying I like the decision, but they have sales and data on their end that shows that more people bought the guests characters than the others.

So that data translates into more guests characters. How far or crazy they'll take things, who knows.

Maybe because of the DC movies the guests will be from the TV shows and not MK or other places.

bman94

It doesn't have to make sense. I'm not saying I like the decision, but they have sales and data on their end that shows that more people bought the guests characters than the others.

So that data translates into more guests characters. How far or crazy they'll take things, who knows.

Maybe because of the DC movies the guests will be from the TV shows and not MK or other places.

I guess that's my only hope then If I guest characters have to be a thing.

Here we go again.

Booster Gold please.

Do I even bother?

Booster Gold please.

Probably not worth it.

Booster Gold please.

It's not gonna happen.

Booster Gold please.

:(

KonradLaw

All ya'll that want more Bat characters are disgusting. They're really not visually interesting and are mostly redundant. Just make one robin character and pick between tim, dick and damien. Redhood could be a skin for deathstroke.

I want Azrael in Injustice 2 though :)

KonradLaw

Here we go again.

Booster Gold please.

Do I even bother?

Booster Gold please.

Probably not worth it.

Booster Gold please.

It's not gonna happen.

Booster Gold please.

:(
Aren;t they making Booster Gold movie? So chances of him appearing in the game seem pretty decent.

Thores

Aren;t they making Booster Gold movie? So chances of him appearing in the game seem pretty decent.

I don't think there's going to be a movie about him, but I'm pretty sure he's rumored to be a focal character in the next season of Legends of Tomorrow.

Compbros

Maybe Injustice Superman fucks up the multiverse and heroes get caught in several different universes including the Arrowverse. I can't see a reason to have Katie be Canary beyond something like that. It's not like when Amell did the voice for a skin, she seems to be having her likeness captured.

Edit: If I get Animal Man and Static in the game then I'll be more than happy. Though I have several I'd like to make it I want those two more than anything.

Compbros

Hopefully WB recognizes it has more properties than Batman this time around. The fact that Aquaman and Green Lantern got no one from their respective universes (Grundy is a general villain) meanwhile Batman got a third of the roster with a lot of fans wanting even MORE (Mr. Freeze over Captain Cold? Really?) is ridiculous.

My dream would be that every character has a skin of a lantern corps.

1077947blackes9ebd4sf6hq.jpg

I'm super excited about this. MKX is one of my favourite games this generation, and that engine being transferred to superhero fights has me excited (think about the stage transitions and supers now). The variation system seems particularly well-suited to the superhero fights, as you could have Batman/Nightwing/Owlman or Barry/Wally/Jay versions of the Flash etc. instead of having to be three different characters.

Here's hoping they find a way to have some flashy non-gory finishers, as I thought the Brutality/Fatality/Faction Kill/Stage Fatality split in MKX was great. Story mode should be great too.

delSai

No, never! Grundy is too amazing to be replaced.

I liked him as well, but with Croc being a character in an upcoming movie it might make more sense to put him in.

Here's hoping they find a way to have some flashy non-gory finishers, as I thought the Brutality/Fatality/Faction Kill/Stage Fatality split in MKX was great. Story mode should be great too.

They could easily come up with some small "Fatality"-likes, like Batman could just knock some one out Arkham Style for example although that might probably be a bit too boring.
Black Adam should yell Shazam at the end of the fight and turn old and into dust

Ryce

Hopefully WB recognizes it has more properties than Batman this time around. The fact that Aquaman and Green Lantern got no one from their respective universes (Grundy is a general villain) meanwhile Batman got a third of the roster with a lot of fans wanting even MORE (Mr. Freeze over Captain Cold? Really?) is ridiculous.
Sinestro was in the first Injustice. He's a Green Lantern character.

Batman is exponentially more well-known than any of DC's other properties, so it only makes sense to include a bunch of Batman characters. Nightwing, Joker, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman are too popular to leave out.

shaowebb

All I know is I like all of DC except Grodd.

My dream character...THE RAY.

8QIxs9u.jpg

Complete mastery of energy and I mean COMPLETE:
  • energy form that heals him
  • light speed
  • hard light constructs
  • flight
  • beams
  • invisibility
  • illusions
  • unknown maximum output. Once impersonated a star.
  • channel energy into strength which he one shot KO-ed Superboy with
  • can make any form of energy and absorb/convert any form of energy. This means he's radiation proof and can do shit like make RED SUNLIGHT to be a trump card vs Kryptonians
  • In general, one of the highest tier power levels ever in the Justice League. He's even the sun of one of the Golden Age main guys known as The Ray. Would be great for storylines.

Compbros

Sinestro was in the first Injustice. He's a Green Lantern character.

Batman is exponentially more well-known than any of DC's other properties, so it only makes sense to include a bunch of Batman characters. Nightwing, Joker, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman are too popular to leave out.

I fucked up and meant Arrow.

How do you make other properties popular? Put them in media. People wanted to know more about Killer Frost because of Injustice. Others leaned Deathstroke was Slade from the teen titans cartoon.

I liked him as well, but with Croc being a character in an upcoming movie it might make more sense to put him in.

They could easily come up with some small "Fatality"-likes, like Batman could just knock some one out Arkham Style for example although that might probably be a bit too boring.
Black Adam should yell Shazam at the end of the fight and turn old and into dust
Oh for sure, there's totally ways (there were some brutal special moves and stage transitions in Injustice) just as long as they aren't clearly death blows/gory. I mean, the supers were essentially finishers. Would love to see more of that level of over-the-top move in the finisher options.

Khezu

I wonder how close NRS looked at the comic book.

Black Canary was a pretty major character in it, it makes sense to make her playable.

Caffeine

I have an injustice fight stick and loved mk9 and injustice on pc, mkx is a good game but has massive issues on pc. hopefully not another mkx situation and of course I'm in.

hoping for some brainiac

vg260

I hope they learned something from Injustice being their first back-to-block game in some time and drop the B, F motions in the game, and make the specials true quarter circle motions. The B-F motions for specials are very awkward where you're going to be holding back more often. It's fine in MK because of the block button with no L-R mixups meaning you can lay off the back direction more in neutral. In Injustice, it felt janky as a result compared to any other back-to-block fighter. You kinda had to lay off holding back, then do the motion. I know there is an alt control option, but it never felt as fluid going from blocking to special motion. Maybe because the alt controls had less leniency than most any other back-to-block game being designed for the tapping input. Anything they can do to remove the "NR games are janky" feeling would help.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
NRS games are built to be played on a DPad, that's why they don't use diagonals. That isn't going to change.

Joni

Katie Cassidy said last weekend she was working on a lara croft like game. I assume she is working on that in the photo.

I don't think there's going to be a movie about him, but I'm pretty sure he's rumored to be a focal character in the next season of Legends of Tomorrow.
Berlanti production that does the shows is working on a booster gold and blue beetle buddy movie. It is why they can't use him in the show.

vg260

NRS games are built to be played on a DPad, that's why they don't use diagonals. That isn't going to change.

I disagree. I don't think that makes sense. You can do diagonals on a d-pad. They can be played on a pad easier, but that is just because they have rolled with less than 6 main attack buttons since MK, which was originally an arcade game with a very unique button layout. (possibly to differentiate them from SF at the time). They carried the block button and special motion type through almost every game since they've had the block button in them because that's how it started and was in the game's DNA. Injustice was their first back-to-block game, right? Yet they kept the same motion style, and it felt awkward as a result. A back to block game where you have to release block before tapping back again and the forward feels different than most any other back-to-block fighter when you can just roll the stick/pad to forward. They should tweak the motions because Injustice doesn't feel as smooth as any other b2b game.

vg260

I hope they abandon the back to block and just copy mkx block button personally.

I prefer b2b, but I'm fine with either as long as it doesn't feel like a weird hybrid. I can't see them switching it up that drastically, though.

delSai

I hope they abandon the back to block and just copy mkx block button personally.

Oh man, that would hurt my hype for this game for sure. They can replace this weird "Change Stance" thing for Running though, but please no Block Button.

Khezu

They really do need to sort out the whole alt controls thing for Injustice 2 and even MK going forward.

It's just needless and neither work as well as it should.

In Injustice I straight up avoided playing certain characters because of BF motions being turned into HCF with really strict inputs.

And normal controls sucked because of awkward buffering giving you random specials when you meant to just down poke.

vg260

They really do need to sort out the whole alt controls thing for Injustice 2 and even MK going forward.

It's just needless and neither work as well as it should.

In Injustice I straight up avoided playing certain characters because of BF motions being turned into HCF with really strict inputs.

And normal controls sucked because of awkward buffering giving you random specials when you meant to just down poke.

Ok, I'm glad it wasn't just me!

Top Bottom