• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: L.A Noire Remaster Coming to Nintendo Switch says Rockstar Leaker (Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parapraxis

8sxHVwE.gif

dcx4610

I actually loved the game. Such an odd choice of a remaster though. There was a rumor Nintendo was pushing hard to get Red Dead 2 so maybe this is Rockstars test.

Why not Vice City or GTA5? At least that will have a chance.

Nibel

What a weird choice for a remaster

Can't imagine any of the userbases - Switch, PS4 or XBO - gon bother with it

maxcriden

So I guess we can officially say Switch is going to be almost exclusively sparse 1st party offering and a shit ton of random PS360 side-grade ports. Must be relatively easy getting the old PC releases running on it.

FWIW, I don't think we have an indication first party games will be sparse. Also, it seems like there may be significant Japanese and indie third party support. I realize that may not translate to significant sales in the west, though.

notaskwid

FTFY. That would fit perfectly all these games we're getting.

If square is indeed porting the trilogy to PS4, this is likely to happen.
I unashamedly admit that a portable Lightning trilogy would make me want a Switch more than I do right now.
They'd have to compress the hell out of XIII though.

opricnik

Banned
I actually loved the game. Such an odd choice of a remaster though. There was a rumor Nintendo was pushing hard to get Red Dead 2 so maybe this is Rockstars test.

Why not Vice City or GTA5? At least that will have a chance.

Well duh Vice City would need a remake rather then Remaster.
GTA 5 has so much online features doubt they can carry their services to Switch in short time.

I would say Max Payne 3 is better choice but it has online too.
IDK if rumor has any credibility though

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Can the Switch actually Remaster anything from the last 10 years?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From a market research standpoint, it would make sense:

Nintendo's audience is a little younger, female, and like adventure and action adventure games (think Zelda and Mario). With the right marketing, this could easily be aimed at the Professor Layton crowd.

This rumor has zero credibility, though, so it's best if we "wait and see."

but this game is far too mature for the Layton crowd (the younger aged ones at least).

I never played LA Moire and I'd almost definitely pick it up on Switch. Always thought it sounded interesting even though I heard it had a lot of wasted potential.

Ray Down

Banned
Why not GTAV?

- It was MUCH better received than LA Noire, both by critics and by general opinion
- It sold much, much better
- It continues to sell bucketloads even today
- It would be a better "test" of whether or not Rockstar's games might have an audience on Switch
- Porting it to Switch shouldn't be much more difficult than porting LA Noire (both are last gen games at heart)

This really makes no sense. It's like if Bethesda had decided to port Rage instead of Skyrim.

GTAV would be a lot more work.

marcod

While it's dumb if they chose to port this over GTA V or something, I can't help but be excited. Any activity from this franchise is good, hopefully one more step to a sequel.

If true and there really is a remaster in the works, then that's a possible indicator that a sequel is in the works. Or at the very least, Rockstar is interested in making a sequel. Awesome!

I'm a huge of fan of L.A. Noire, so I'll happily hand over money again to play it on the PS4. I'll really take any excuse to play it another time, even if it's the bare minimum of ports and the game merely receives a bump in resolution or something.

I haven't enjoyed a Rockstar game since the ps2 era, but they're huge and their potential support of Switch, even if it is old ports, is good to see.

wanders

I don't necessarily care about this game or Skyrim, but I am actually all for porting older console games to Switch because having those games in portable form is just really neat. I could come up with a huge list of last gen games that I'd rebuy just to be able to play them anywhere. I'd be fine if it became a trend.

Yeah there's tons of games I didn't care much for last gen but would definitely play them on a portable

Thats pretty awesome, been meaning to go to it after I got the platinum (still have nightmares getting all the cars).

Just need Max Payne 3 and I'm set.

Was GAF always this down on L.A. Noire? I thought it was a great game, and I'll buy it again in portable form.

If square is indeed porting the trilogy to PS4, this is likely to happen.
I unashamedly admit that a portable Lightning trilogy would make me want a Switch more than I do right now.
They'd have to compress the hell out of XIII though.

What do you mean by "compress"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom