• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] MS France: 36.2 Millions of Xbox One sold worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers are confirmed bullshit, but EA's also never given an XBO specific estimate either. That's part of the problem, people need to keep applying apples to oranges to get to any real numbers.

EA doesn't, but with Sony openly sharing out their sell-through data, we can extrapolate XB1's install base on calendar year level with good accuracy.

panda-zebra

Other than EA (whose estimates one must also apply fuzzy math to to get XBO numbers, EA has never given an XBO figure) which 3rd parties have given any XBO or XBO+PS4 sales projections and what were they?

Any other bullshit you'd like to try and peddle while we're at it?

Fuzzy math? When EA say 2016 ended at 79m total installed users, you can accept that figure as genuine, their estimates are for the year going forward, not previous. If subtracting Sony's sold figure of 53.4 offered on January 5th this year at CES is somehow fuzzy maths leaving a total of 25.6 then by all means, go with the 36.2m figure found via a fan website and believe they sold 10.6m WW H1 despite being down YOY in NA...

EDIT: lol it's chartz via wikipedia, bwahaha

sirronoh

There was legitimate concern regarding the accuracy of the figures to begin with. This makes what credibility was left go out the window.

Look guys -- if Xbox is around 30m, which is more reasonable, there's nothing wrong with that. There was no need to cling to 36m as if 30m is not respectable. If we all want to start believing any old numbers that are provided without any logic or proof to back it up just to make our console of choice look better to everyone else, all sales discussion on this forum is worse because of it. Let's not fall for this again.

cakely

lol at All the salty people saying fucking MICROSOFT FRANCE is giving Out FAKE NUMBERS. why would they? also, wouldnt that be kinda fraud lying to shareholders/Investors?

Slow your roll, son. This isn't the hill you want to die on. it's not Microsoft France giving out numbers, they're most likely fake data.

Fuzzy math? When EA say 2016 ended at 79m total installed users, you can accept that figure as genuine, their estimates are for the year going forward, not previous. If subtracting Sony's sold figure of 53.4 offered on January 5th this year at CES is somehow fuzzy maths leaving a total of 25.6 then by all means, go with the 36.2m figure found via a fan website and believe they sold 10.6m WW H1 despite being down YOY in NA...

This.

Unless EA's report are completely fucking wrong, there is no way XB1 is selling 1.8 million consoles per month, when Sony is barely above 1mil per month in 1H.

Fiendcode

So let me get this straight. Despite having data for MSs biggest markets (that are up to date), and quarterly shipments up until MS changed to MAU as a metric, you want me to disprove this number wrong with current as of now ratios rather than the other way around? The burden of proof isn't on me to show you that MS made a gigantic fucking turn around in countries that data doesn't get reported in. That's not how that works.

Like it doesn't strike you as odd that MSs biggest territory is losing 10-15% share in sales? Holy shit. I'm peddling bullshit?

Yea, how about you stop being dense.

Edit: Oh, numbers confirmed bullshit. Wow, man, I can't believe I was peddling that bullshit about the numbers not adding up. Someone stop me and my napkin math. I went too far. 🙄
Just because VGC peddles bullshit doesn't mean you can't too. In fact you made a great go at it in here. :)

There are no current-as-of-now ratios, the last ratio you've got with a global figure is 3 years old and before the full global launch. That was the issue.

MrMatt555

I work at Fry's and customers were grabbing Xbox ones like they were candy last holiday and this last quarter we sold more Xbox then ps4. I think half of the customers who bought one actually bought it for games. Lol that UHD player really helped

Chartz strikes again!

except we now know the numbers came from VG Chartzzz...

but hey, persecution complex and all that

I didn't know it was Chartzzz when writing the comment... oh well

6355159659706062561542998671_michaelscott3.gif

Josh7289

How is this a rumor if Microsoft themselves published it?

Edit: Oh my god did they actually use Chartz?

Edit 2: Or not? But this source is shady as well? Nevermind. This is bullshit. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at that number. It would be keeping with the roughly 2:1 ratio that PS4 and Xbox One have continuously held.

Just because VGC peddles bullshit doesn't mean you can't too. In fact you made a great go at it in here. :)

There are no current-as-of-now ratios, the last ratio you've got with a global figure is 3 years old and before the full global launch. That was the issue.

Whatever you say pal. You gotta hold the L for defending VGC/Wiki numbers and ratios, while also assigning the wrong burden of proof. Have fun, I'm out!

Fiendcode

Doesn't make sense, the data links to ******** but those have One at much lower numbers?
Software doesn't match either? They have BLOPS3 at 7.3m while this leak states 11.39m.

Actually the historical Xbox and 360 hardware and software numbers (which are rarely updated) don't match exactly either except Halo 2. Looks like these might not be VCG?

It's my point,

oh, my bad.

Well they don't really change their numbers, they just have some automated ticker that adds sales to their total.

lol what? that's even worse

But they never had 36m at any point. I'm not sure how they're sourced to this rumor at all.

well, this is what's on the wiki page:

ces données sont approximatives, elles sont fournies par le site internet VG Chartz

It basically says "this data is approximate, they (numbers) were provided by Chartzzz"

But you're right, that number has never been provided by Chartz, so I guess someone on that wiki either a.) just edited the numbers as they saw this infographic or b.) someone made up the numbers out of their ass and then whoever made that infographic used them from the wiki.

go6

Neo Member
Most likely scenario: the marketing department of Xbox France didn't have the real number. They went to Wikipedia and used the 36.2 million "estimate"

oh, my bad.

lol what? that's even worse

well, this is what's on the wiki page:

It basically says "this data is approximate, they (numbers) were provided by Chartzzz"

Just because wikipedia says something doesn't make it true. I'm just saying they made it up and are saying vgc said it.

Fiendcode

Whatever you say pal. You gotta hold the L for defending VGC/Wiki numbers and ratios, while also assigning the wrong burden of proof. Have fun, I'm out!
I'm discounting fuzzy math on both sides and asking you to actually give your methodology on your own absolutes as to why these figure are impossible, which you keep failing to deliver on. The truth is you've been out since we started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom