• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] MS France: 36.2 Millions of Xbox One sold worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colbert

Banned
I came to the conclusion that these are not numbers provided by Microsoft. Looking into the graphic the spec is referencing a PC GPU card which would be really unlikely that Microsoft would do such a thing in such a graphic. They would talk about AMD GCN and thats it.

In other words I doubt it that the numbers are correct. That said I have no idea where the numbers are / should be.

I'm discounting fuzzy math on both sides and asking you to actually give your methodology on your own absolutes as to why these figure are impossible, which you keep failing to deliver on. The truth is you've been out since we started.

Absolutes? Don't put words in my mouth. I stated the data doesn't mesh with numbers we have. That data being the recent NPD, UK, JP and other market sales data alongside whatever was the last known ratio of the various markets.

You attempted to shift the burden of proof production on me as if me saying that it's highly unlikely the US was not going to be under 50% share was something ridiculous.

You chose a shitty hill to defend. That's not my problem.

the wikipedia page or the numbers from microsoft france?

the wiki page

the infographic just says "36.2 million sold worldwide"

the article just says "Xbox has sold 36.2 million according to the Xbox House of Fans"

so basically, we still have no idea where these numbers came from.

Just because wikipedia says something doesn't make it true. I'm just saying they made it up and are saying vgc said it.

yes I know, see the edit

borges

Banned
Funny attitude on this thread. Like, is their so much reluctancy when Sony shares their own numbers?
Looks like theres people very very sad if this is true.

thill1985

Banned
Fuzzy math? When EA say 2016 ended at 79m total installed users, you can accept that figure as genuine, their estimates are for the year going forward, not previous. If subtracting Sony's sold figure of 53.4 offered on January 5th this year at CES is somehow fuzzy maths leaving a total of 25.6 then by all means, go with the 36.2m figure found via a fan website and believe they sold 10.6m WW H1 despite being down YOY in NA...

EDIT: lol it's chartz via wikipedia, bwahaha

EA does not have access to the actual numbers. They use Sony's fiscal reports + guesstimates from MS to come to a low end figure for their estimates. They aren't using MS's internal figures. And saying this is 'via a fan website' seems misleading, no? Just because it was posted on a fan website does not mean it was sourced to random posters at said website. Afaik we are still in the dark on the source. We should wait until we sort that out before people get up in arms over the numbers one way or the other.

Funny attitude on this thread. Like, is their so much reluctancy when Sony shares their own numbers?
Looks like theres people very very sad if this is true.

Only when Sony quotes Wikipedia or VG Chartz for their sales numbers, which they have never done...

Shiggy

With PS4 saled being 3:1 to the X1 in Europe, those sales seem very unlikely. And with the source being VG Chartz, well...

SonyGAF is on a meltdown this week. You would have thought someone killed their parents or something.
f4Pibcl.jpg

Edit:
Too much for your mind to handle because you love Sony or...?
See above gif well

Fiendcode

Absolutes? Don't put words in my mouth. I stated the data doesn't mesh with numbers we have. That data being the recent NPD, UK, JP and other market sales data alongside whatever was the last known ratio of the various markets.

You attempted to shift the burden of proof production on me as if me saying that it's highly unlikely the US was not going to be under 50% share was something ridiculous.

You chose a shitty hill to defend. That's not my problem.
You're stating they don't mesh based on a 3 year old ratio. You're piling current sellthrough estimates on to a shipment figure from back when the console had only released in 13 markets for about 7 months. In reality what you're doing isn't much different from VGC's methodology (ie: guesswork based on public sources with some personal ballparking). And then you try tried to sideline things with statements about non-existent 3rd part estimates and magic IR to shipment ceilings and this bizarre burden of proof strawman.

That's all your problem, not mine. You can't even explain your figures and you're claiming this one's impossible. And now it turns out it's probably not even from VGC.

thill1985

Banned
36.2m shipped seems believable, too bad we don't know the real source of these numbers.

Can someone here with twitter just ask MS France via a tweet? Or even just ask Phil Spencer? Maybe we will get lucky and someone will respond and disown the infographic (or not).

Muzin

Neo Member
Guys, do the math (according to Wikipedia France):

US: 18,40 millions +
EU: 11.0 millions +
UK: 4.20 millions +
France: 1.502.324 +
Germany: 1.127.121 +
Japan: 150.857

=

WW: 36.2 million

Hum, this website is the biggest MS fanboy source in France, they very often post innacurate things just to shit on Sony, so personally I hightly doubt about anything I read there.

It's the kind of website where the members call the PS4 the "Piss4", so...
Wait...what?

Fiendcode

There should a title update then, because its very misleading that it says MS France, but actually is something else ;)
Except for Halo 2, none of the numbers in the OP match VGC.

Can someone here with twitter just ask MS France via a tweet? Or even just ask Phil Spencer? Maybe we will get lucky and someone will respond and disown the infographic (or not).
This would be ideal.

Loris146

Guys, do the math (according to Wikipedia France):

US: 18,40 millions +
EU: 11.0 millions +
UK: 4.20 millions +
France: 1.502.324 +
Germany: 1.127.121 +
Japan: 150.857

=

WW: 36.2 million

Eu without UK France and Germany is at 11 ML? How is it even possible?

panda-zebra

EA does not have access to the actual numbers. They use Sony's fiscal reports + guesstimates from MS to come to a low end figure for their estimates. They aren't using MS's internal figures.

Of course EA have actual numbers. You don't think they plan their projects and haggle over marketing deals based on guesswork, do you? Really? They have access to much more sales data than ever reaches our eyes.

Afaik we are still in the dark on the source. We should wait until we sort that out before people get up in arms over the numbers one way or the other.

It seems highly liked the figure came from wikipedia, too much of a coincidence otherwise. Where that figure came from and when, well go check through the page's history if you really wish to detective it, but the lack of credibility for the figure is in no doubt. And nobody is up in arms bar those who are upset that a number of SalesGAF in here don't see anything likely in the 36.2m figure and a few citing "SonyGAF" hurt feels idiocy.

Elandyll

Banned
Too much for your mind to handle because you love Sony or...?
That sounds like a very fanboyish thing to say.

Gaf Sales age doubting the info because it flies in the face of even the most optimistic estimates (including shipped) = Sonygaf having a meltdown? Right.

Didn't Sony themselves just last week announce over 60 million sold?

yes. that's the newest number as of early June ;)
and it's 60.4m to be exact

Hum, this website is the biggest MS fanboy source in France, they very often post innacurate things just to shit on Sony, so personally I hightly doubt about anything I read there.

It's the kind of website where the members call the PS4 the "Piss4", so...

so the neogaf XBox One equivalent of "the bone" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom