• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR - New Nintendo Trademark Possibly for Gameboy Classic Mini? (ANN via Livedoor)

Yukinari

Bruh

Warioland 1/2/3
Donkey Kong '94
Donkey Kong Land 1/2/3
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy Adventure
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Seasons/Ages
Mario Picross
Tetris
Kirby'S Dreamland/2
Kirby's Block Ball
Megaman V, the one with the not recycled completely original bosses
Shantae
Harvest Moon GBC
Pokemon Pinball
Mario Tennis (given how popular golf story is)
Kid Icarus Myths and Monsters

Plenty of stuff to mine from

Everyones listing GBC games as if Nintendo is smart enough to do that.

I'll eat crow if it happens but this sounds like specifically just GB games which reduces the library quite a bit.

They should make it an all in one system with the best GB, GBC and GBA games. Like maybe 10-15 from each system?

I'd skip a Gameboy Classic.....maybe skip N64 Classic but I feel like N64 games have aged really badly since it was the start of 3d

Pachinko

Well, it would certainly be easier to pack full of games than an N64 classic and it's also coming up on it's 30th anniversary so this is 100% plausible.

Drop in a 640X576 LCD with a decent back light , use the same menu system as the previous classic consoles and load it up with 30 games obviously with a basic system link included... well I mean it's 2017 so it'd be via some kind of wireless signal. Offer various display modes - true black and white , classic yellow/green with fake dot matrix filter , super gameboy. Possibly even include gameboy color titles but maybe not gameboy advance ? I mean unless you wanted to celebrate the entire line. Course, most of the best games on GBA are SNES ports so ...

Tetris, Links awakening, Mario Land 1,2, Wario land 1/2, Megaman are just a few of the games that should show up but maybe final fantasy adventure /legend could drop in too.

I'm gonna guess GB only and no Pokemon. That's still a lot to work with because the Gameboy was around for almost a decade but any expectations beyond that is ridiculous. Hell Pokemon would be a logistical nightmare.

Shiggy

In Europe they filed both of these in September:
kostk.jpg
ths50.jpg

hotcyder

How many Gameboy games are actually worth revisiting?

Tetris
Mario Land
Mario Land 2
Link's Awakening (which had better be the DX version)
Pokemon
Metroid II (despite the remake being infinitely more enjoyable to play)

i'm drawing a blank.

They get a few more titles with the Game Boy Color, but even then... eh.

Dr. Mario
Wario Land 2/3
Pokemon Pinball/Kirby's Pinball Land/Revenge of the Gator
Kirby's Dreamland
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Donkey Kong 94

Koren

How many Gameboy games are actually worth revisiting?

Tetris
Mario Land
Mario Land 2
Link's Awakening (which had better be the DX version)
Pokemon
Metroid II (despite the remake being infinitely more enjoyable to play)

i'm drawing a blank.

They get a few more titles with the Game Boy Color, but even then... eh.
There's a large number of great gb games. Such as the first seiken. I'd say the original gb catalog is better than the nes one.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't like this whole thing nintendo are doing with making mini versions of old systems. i mean it's cool but i'd much rather they focus on bringing the games to the Switch.

let me play NES/SNES/n64/gamecube/wii/gameboy/ds games on Switch pls.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
i don't like this whole thing nintendo are doing with making mini versions of old systems. i mean it's cool but i'd much rather they focus on bringing the games to the Switch.

let me play NES/SNES/n64/gamecube/wii/gameboy/ds games on Switch pls.

This is a smart way for them to offer a <100$ hardware category to the large audience that won't spend any more than that.

Bluehound

Neo Member
Kirby's Dream Land
Metroid 2
Super Mario Land 1-2
Link's Awakening
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Adventures of Lolo
Final Fantasy Adventure
Darkwing Duck
Kid Dracula
Gargoyle's Quest 2
Mole Mania
Parodius
Tetris

... I can only dream.

HotHamBoy

445x245.jpg

Honestly hoping for it to look like that GBP on the left. Any smaller is going to cause hand cramps and the screen is already so small...

...that was literally called the Game Boy Micro, not the GBA Micro.

Game Boy is always two words too, by the way.

Kills me. I wonder why people started merging the two words? It's a total Mandela effect.

yes gameboy has:

the best top-down zelda game
the best metroid game
the best donkey kong game
three amazing wario platformers
one of the best castlevania games
a few underappreciated gems like mole mania and sword of hope

I will give you best 2D Zelda, IMO Link's Awakening is the best game in the series.

I will give you best Donkey Kong, '94 has never been surpassed.

But Metroid II is at the bottom with Metroid 1.

None of the GB Castlevanias can be called "one of the best" when you consider that all 3 GBA, all 3 DS, SotN, Rondo of Blood & Bloodlines are way ahead. So at best it could be #10 and that's being really generous

hotcyder

Ehhhhhhhhhh

Should just skip to GBA

Discounting any SNES games or ports;

Wario Land 4
Warioware
LOZ: The Minish Cap (maybe Four Swords as a pack-in)
Drill Dozer
Golden Sun
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Pokemon Emerald (or maybe Ruby/Sapphire and you choose which one you want)
Advance Wars
Mario VS Donkey Kong (???)
Sword of Mana (???)
Sonic Advance
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Mario + Luigi: Superstar Saga (in spite of the remake)
Megaman Battle Network
Metroid Fusion (or maybe Zero Misison, or both hopefully)
Final Fantasy Tactic Advance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Fire Emblem

and their special something

Translated Mother 3

Holy crap that's a Killer Line-Up

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Y'know what would be rad? If Nintendo gave this the ability to utilize Super Game Boy enhancements natively, and added some SGB enhancements for games that didn't have them.

Forkball

They could easily do a Game Boy Classic and then a GBA Classic... but I would rather just have all the GB library together. GBA doesn't even have an original Mario game and a lot of its most popular titles are just straight up ports.

I'm curious how they would handle multiplayer games. Would they go as far as to include wireless connection between devices? And what about Pokemon? Pokemon is THE most important game to ever come out on the device, and not including it would be such a black mark against it. But they're already selling those games for $10 a pop on the VC, not to mention the extra functionality like the Pokemon Bank that's only available on the 3DS.

I'm also curious about what JPN only GB games could come to the Japanese version.

xrnzaaas

Hopefully they'll add more games than 20 (or 30) so people won't have to rely on pirati... oh what the hell am I saying, they'll do that no matter what. :)

Ganondolf

these images don't look like the classic series images (Red & White).

maybe these are for other merchandise or virtual console.

KeRaSh

I'd love to replay Oddworld Adventures on one of these but that game is probably too niche to make it into the collection...

Top Bottom