• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: New Xbox Experience delayed to December

gossi

Sounds made up. The way they've worded it makes it seem like it's official and yet no other place is mentioning it and Xbox themselves have officially stated it's still on track for November release. Aside from a few wonky things, its rock solid for me, much faster than the last dash as well.

Microsoft's reply to it is the update will be "ready when it's ready". The only denial (used in this thread!) is from a "super fan site" - their wording. Not saying it's real as the website posting the 'news' is a shitshow, of course.

GavinGT

Banned
They should definitely delay it, unless they have some special magic tricks to fix everything about this annoying dashboard in a months time.

They have like 45,000 software engineers. Obviously they don't all work for the Xbox team, but I'd never doubt Microsoft's ability to get software stuff done quickly.

Leyasu

Banned
I dont really care if it is false. It is buggy and with the wait for halo almost over, I have requested to leave because I want smoove halo.

It will be great when it is here though I reckon.

Yea, there was just no way I was going to take a chance with this preview OS with its reported bugs so extremely close to the release of Halo 5. I couldn't take that chance.

Madness

Microsoft's reply to it is the update will be "ready when it's ready". The only denial (used in this thread!) is from a "super fan site" - their wording. Not saying it's real as the website posting the 'news' is a shitshow, of course.

There days no one wants to get locked down to specific times, nor will they say that over twitter.

I mean NO OTHER site is saying this except for Bidnessetc.com, which doesn't even seem credible. Plus they're making it like a foregone conclusion. If it's delayed it's delayed, but sounds like fud to me right now.

The Flash

Banned
Just saw the comments on that and found this after some googling:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/49360-should-microsoft-rare-replay-be-offered-on-sony-playstation-4/

lol.... yep I don't think anyone should take this site seriously

Lol

It just released today, August 4 and the real question is whether this game should come for Sony Corp’s (NYSE:SNE) PlayStation 4. Since it is a combination of a massive amount of games and it’s available for only $30, it makes the purchase all the more worth it so it should definitely make its way to the PS4.

However, Sony fans want to see it pave its way to their PS4’s too since it's cheap and contains a large variety of games. Who wouldn’t want 30 games for $30?

Just saw the comments on that and found this after some googling:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/49360-should-microsoft-rare-replay-be-offered-on-sony-playstation-4/

lol.... yep I don't think anyone should take this site seriously

"Rare Replay should definitely be released for the PS4 soon. It will most probably outsell most of the games due to its cost efficiency and huge variety of games to play from. Also, Since Sony’s PS4 is the leading console in the market; this game would be bought more on Sony’s console than Microsoft’s, so it’s definitely a move worth considering."

The Flash

Banned
I think a child wrote it.

c5r2wYd.png

LogN

I'm in the preview program right now with it. It's a good start but definitely needs more work, it's got the same "stutter" issues as the current dashboard. You hit a direction and nothing happens, hit it again and it moves three to four spaces. Certain apps load improperly or crash and party chat the same.

It's a step in the right direction, the new layout is stellar by comparison, but it needs some engine work under the hood to be ready for a full release.

SwolBro

Banned
Why not release it sometimes in feb? there's going to be another 5 million or so xbox one users come this holiday season, it'd be smart to wait and then offer everyone a new experience no?

It's gotta be stable before release.

Not that I believe this rumor, but what makes XboxMAD more credible than bidnessetc?

Well, they don't have "Bidness" in their name, for starters. And they never had an article making the case for Rare Replay to get a port to PS4, lol. I've followed them on twitter for a while, even joined their FH2 car club and took over the rivals times. They're alright. I've never seen them post made up things as fact. Also I've seen them tweet back and forth with Ybarra, so thats a source of theirs at least as credible as ZHuge's post just now.

Chobel

So I read XboxMAD tweets and it looks like they contacted MS, that means their info is definitely more credible than bidnessetc's which had no sources at all.

Hawk269

Did everyone just ignore my post or something?????

Well, it is a Xbox One thread, so we need drama, not common sense and people pointing to facts and shit. <joking>

It did read like a kid wrote it however, watching TV through a HDMI Cable is a new one.

zychi

Banned
Makes sense, why have a buggy dashboard come out when all of your major releases do. Release it on xmas, and blame the servers for the brokenness.

Gonna be interesting which games are messed up from when the dash comes out. I have problems with madden and destiny on my buddy's x1 on the new dash right now.
Have to reopen the games a few times before they start

ClearData

Thank you PS4 and Xbox One beta testers for helping fix these things before they become issues for the rest of us. I'd hate for my holiday gaming to be hampered by OS bugs. There's enough network trouble to deal with already.

Orca

I doubt it'll be delayed. It's still got issues, but it also has a whole lot of time before it would miss a 'November" release.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I doubt it'll be delayed. It's still got issues, but it also has a whole lot of time before it would miss a 'November" release.

Yea, the people that are saying "it doesn't feel ready yet", "it needs months of work not weeks" aren't realizing that the internal builds are several builds ahead of the public ones. There's only been one build this week for preview members, I imagine there's been at least 3-5 internal builds in that same time frame.
I have no doubt it will be ready by their November schedule.

SURGEdude

Good news. The new beta has been pretty flaky. Not complaining since I signed up for it, but it's not even close to ready for public consumption. Just had that frustrating bug this afternoon where I had to unplug my USB drive and disconnect/reconnect to wifi to be able to log in. Thankfully the issue is somewhat widespread otherwise I would have never guessed that strange solution.

The Flash

Banned
Good news. The new beta has been pretty flaky. Not complaining since I signed up for it, but it's not even close to ready for public consumption. Just had a frustrating bug this afternoon where I had to unplug my USB drive and disconnect/reconnect to wifi to be able to log in. Thankfully somebody on a forum ran into the same issue otherwise I would have never guessed that strange solution.

First. It's a rumor. Second. It's been debunked.

Top Bottom