• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

ThisIsMyDog

It really is a testament to how badass, brave & tactically smart the Ukrainians are and how utterly incompetent and stupid the Russians are that for such a small country they where able to halt the Russians and hurt them hard, imagine what they could do if we in the West fully supported them, it's a fucking shame that there are certain useful idiots within America that are actively working with the Russians and history will not look favourably upon them, shower o cunts that they are.
True, they are fighting for survival of their state and nation like lions and they are not going to give up because they know what will happen to them if they lose. That's why I get angry when I see idiots talking about negotiating with the Russians. Negotiating about what? Putin himself said many times that he does not consider Ukraine as a nation. If you give them something now, they will just come for the rest later. Russians are imperialist to the core. They have the same opinion about the Baltic states, Poland, Kazakhstan, Belarus and many others. They will not stop even after Putin's death. What they would need is a total humiliating defeat and reeducation like Germany after 1945, but that will not happen because of their nuclear arsenal. I do not know if it works or not because of their massive corruption that is destroying them from inside, but no one is going to risk it to check. That’s why we (Poland) need to go back to conscription and create a total militarized state similar to Israel. There is no other way, not in a situation where the MAGA movement in the USA can bring this country to isolation again, and without US protection, war for us is just a matter of when, not if.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
A land war with NATO would be absolutely suicidal for the Russians, NATO knows this and so do the Russians and thats what pisses me off about this whole debacle, we should just be dismissing Putin like we would a petulant child and ignoring everything that comes out of his mouth and going fully 110% in behind Ukraine, I'm talking NATO coalition peace keepers to shore up the northern and eastern borders freeing up the Ukrainians there to go do the actual fighting in the south without having to keep forces in reserve, what's Russia going to do? Bomb the peace keepers and risk a massive escalation that he knows he can't win? Fuck him, we need to be in Ukraine maybe not fighting alongside them but at least protecting their back and giving them absolutely everything to kick those cunts out.

The west just dilly dally around these corrupt evil nations, we should be showing a solidified front especially America and showing the world we just kicked the arse out of Russia and make it clear to all that the war ends at the border with no intention of crossing it, nobody wants anything to do with cunt Russians, I'd be happy to walk the fucking lot of em in and transfer all those mines they've littered Ukraine with and place them along the entire border. When this war eventually ends, there'll never be the same sort of relationship, Ukraine with simply turn their back and look westward.

Nonehxc

Russian Senator compares Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III to a monkey

I dunno, but I would be VERY careful trying to insult a former Ranger Paratrooper, Archangel and commander of the 82nd Airborne Assault, unless you want his pals to unleash Righteous Fury with firey swords to rain on you through HALO insertion behind enemy lines and tell you and your genetic lineage their existence on this universe is no more. 🤔🤔🤔

Especially when he commands the biggest Firey Sword mankind has ever seen.

Last edited:

Fenix34

I remove teeth
First russian 18 year soldier are die in Ukraine his name
ErQkPSK.jpg

hlm666

Harsh truth being told below.
She pulled her punches because they need whatever usa may give. Harsh truth is usa doesn't give a flying fuck about ukraine, they are only giving enough for ukraine to cause economic problems for russia but they don't really want them to be able to regain any of their stolen land. So much time wasted on nuclear disarmament and stopping "evil" countries from getting nukes and they have managed to create another nuclear arms race but this time from smaller countries who can't trust the big ones anymore. There is another video of a south african (I don't want to even say that because he wont call himself that anymore) medic volunteering in ukraine from the other day and it was really fucking hard to watch.

found a version of it not embedded in another video.

America will destroy the long range (and other) atacms because of age before giving them to ukraine. They rather burn money instead of helping ukraine with almost expired shit which they will be paying to replace anyway, kinda says everything.

Liljagare

pWJkSte.jpg

Ukrainian Defenders shot down yet another Russian Su-34 today!

Several Regions of Western Ukraine are reportedly under Attack from Russian One-Way “Suicide” Drones launched from the Moldovan Breakaway Region of Transnistria.

Nonehxc

pWJkSte.jpg

Ukrainian Defenders shot down yet another Russian Su-34 today!

Several Regions of Western Ukraine are reportedly under Attack from Russian One-Way “Suicide” Drones launched from the Moldovan Breakaway Region of Transnistria.

Big as fuck Transnistria ammo warehouse goes PEW.

Transnistria enclave is sandwiched between Ukraine and Moldavia. It's nothing more than a few fat soldiers and stockpiles of old Soviet ammo, so if Ukraine wished it they could crater that ammo stockpile pretty easily. The Russian/Transnistrian force there doesn't amount to more than a few thousands, badly armed and you can imagine what training they have. They were going to ask Russia to join, so my understanding is this is a provocation to get Ukraine to retaliate then Russia joins them and maybe paratroops some shit and some shits.

C'mon Kaliningrad, do something so we can crater u and make whole NATO Lake. 😊

Last edited:

Liljagare

Nothing about this looks good, buckling is happening in too many areas atm.

winjer

Gold Member
Due to the threat of Putin and Trump, the EU is really considering the creation of a EU Army to be able to defend itself.
Strange times we live in.

FunkMiller

Due to the threat of Putin and Trump, the EU is really considering the creation of a EU Army to be able to defend itself.
Strange times we live in.

This again. Jesus.

NATO exists. The EU's mission and ambition creep of the past few decades is one of the reasons why Putin held so much power over them. If it weren't for power hungry European politicians, things would be a lot better right now - including the UK still being part of the EU, and Putin being stymied.

They don't need a fucking army. They need a political system that runs more efficiently.

winjer

Gold Member
This again. Jesus.

NATO exists. The EU's mission and ambition creep of the past few decades is one of the reasons why Putin held so much power over them. If it weren't for power hungry European politicians, things would be a lot better right now - including the UK still being part of the EU, and Putin being stymied.

They don't need a fucking army. They need a political system that runs more efficiently.

But if Trump wins the elections, NATO will have a trojan horse, sabotaging efforts all around.
The EU needs to reinforce it's defense efforts and not depend so much on the USA.

Liljagare

hwJKSrS.jpg

Full Frontline Report 28.02.2024

Rising execution rate of Ukrainian POWs indicates shift in Russian policy – prosecutor

Pentagon Investigating Over 50 Cases of ‘Theft, Fraud & Corruption’ Linked to Ukraine Aid

Ozriel

M$FT
hwJKSrS.jpg

Full Frontline Report 28.02.2024

Rising execution rate of Ukrainian POWs indicates shift in Russian policy – prosecutor

Pentagon Investigating Over 50 Cases of ‘Theft, Fraud & Corruption’ Linked to Ukraine Aid

That last link you shared looks like barely concealed Russian propaganda, including embedded tweets from Sputnik.

Last edited:
It's not suprising equipment cannot be accounted for in a warzone. Stuff gets lost, offices with paperwork get destroyed, people get killed and it's generally a mess. Whenever such 'news' is brought up it's meant to undermine Western support as if biker gangs now can buy HIMARS launchers on the black market.

I could not account for 90% of the stuff in my house if audited and they need receipts for all of it.

Last edited:

Forsete

Gold Member
It's not suprising equipment cannot be accounted for in a warzone. Stuff gets lost, offices with paperwork get destroyed, people get killed and it's generally a mess. Whenever such 'news' is brought up it's meant to undermine Western support as if biker gangs now can buy HIMARS launchers on the black market.

I could not account for 90% of the stuff in my house if audited and they need receipts for all of it.
I've heard Russian cock enjoyers being "very worried" about weapons such as NLAWs being used in the gang wars here in Sweden. Because you know, these weapons were easily being smuggled across the Finland-Ukrainian border. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Russian Air Force seems to be told to step up their game to help the Glorious Pre Elections Offensive and they are paying the price. Their non-involvement for most of 2022 and 2023 has kept their losses relatively low compared to the army and Black Sea Fleet and that must have ruffled some feathers in the Kremlin.
There may not be enough glide bombs to carry out the strikes ordered and the planes have to get in closer.

If true this would be the 22nd SU-34 lost out of 148 in service. Still plenty left but the attrition rate the last two weeks is impossible to maintain for long.

Kerotan

Russian Air Force seems to be told to step up their game to help the Glorious Pre Elections Offensive and they are paying the price. Their non-involvement for most of 2022 and 2023 has kept their losses relatively low compared to the army and Black Sea Fleet and that must have ruffled some feathers in the Kremlin.
There may not be enough glide bombs to carry out the strikes ordered and the planes have to get in closer.

If true this would be the 22nd SU-34 lost out of 148 in service. Still plenty left but the attrition rate the last two weeks is impossible to maintain for long.
This is the only explanation. Last time their planes took such losses was when Putin was still ordering them to hold Kherson. They had to fly much closer to the front then now with their guide bomb tactic.

Ukraine might be taking a big gamble moving up a patriot and other air defence to protect it. Probably only temporary but if Russia's ego persist could be very costly. Obviously the air force was jealous the Navy took the limelight.

hlm666

I wonder how many of that was able to be maintained in a flight/combat worthy condition. I got no idea but it has to be safe to assume some of them probably shouldn't take off, but if we are being honest they will probably stick a freshly trained rookie pilot in them and send it in anyway,

Ozriel

M$FT
THIS is the true definition of FEMINISM

b5ucsft.jpg

That's a lady that when she walks, she turns heads...and when she wars, she turns heads...INSIDE OUT...with that high-powered sniper rifle. 🫡🇺🇦

You have my full respect and support, ma'am. Please take care and...

GOOD HUNTING 🫡🇺🇦

Much respect to her.

They should have more ladies flying the FPV drones. Make longer range versions, keep them safely behind the front line.

Of course it's perfectly fine if some want to deploy to the front.

Russian hit by direct drone drop, gives 👍 for good hit and proceeds to die. 😂

I'm so emotionally confused. I want to laugh but then I remember this is also a human being then I feel sad. Then I want to laugh again because its a Russian soldier but then I remember he was likely sent to die by Putin then i feel sad again.

Fuck

Darius87

I'm so emotionally confused. I want to laugh but then I remember this is also a human being then I feel sad. Then I want to laugh again because its a Russian soldier but then I remember he was likely sent to die by Putin then i feel sad again.

Fuck
i lol hard no other feelings, he definitely wouldn't feel empathy for anyone else,, there's no excuse for him being in other country even against his will it's not like they get killed before being send to ukraine, it's better for him just do jail time or surrender if no options left,
i actually enjoy watching russians being blown up, this thread needs to be more gory i think,
there's reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/ plenty of that.

winjer

Gold Member

Fuck

Just remember that these people would rather take their chances in the trenches, killing Ukrainian civilians, rather than trying their chances at revolting against Putin and his regime.
They made their choices, now they have to deal with the consequences.

hlm666

Fuck
Then feel happy again when remembering it's a soldier from a regime engaging in civilian killing, rape, child abduction and pow execution.

Liljagare

ZuxOXd4.jpg

4r9ExPi.jpg

“This is the place of pain, grief and mourning.” — I stopped by the mass gravesite in Izium, which now has a memorial up. 449 Ukrainians who were tortured and killed under Russian occupation were buried here. Their remains are still being identified with DNA. We must not forget. 🇺🇦

French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday said his refusal to rule out the prospect of sending Western troops to Ukraine was intentional, despite the uproar it has provoked.
Macron swept aside the barrage of criticism he has faced in France and on the international stage and insisted his statements on Russian President Vladimir Putin's aggression against Ukraine were carefully thought out.
"These are sufficiently serious issues; every one of the words that I say on this issue is weighed, thought through and measured," Macron told reporters on the sidelines of a visit to the 2024 Olympic village near Paris. But he refused to answer any further questions on the topic.

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macron-ukraine-western-troops-remarks/

hlm666

Russia managed to give Ukraine a new ally. One that is already supplying military drones and radars.
Israel in the middle of a war and they manage to supply some aid when usa wont, well that's an interesting look for usa but once again not a good one. I hope that anti air stuff they are sending can allow ukraine to start trying to take down all drones and missile attacks again. The numbers from the drone/missile attacks lately look like ukraine is only targeting stuff going towards major civilian areas and having to just let the attacks in other areas happen because of ammo concerns I would assume.

winjer

Gold Member
Israel in the middle of a war and they manage to supply some aid when usa wont, well that's an interesting look for usa but once again not a good one. I hope that anti air stuff they are sending can allow ukraine to start trying to take down all drones and missile attacks again. The numbers from the drone/missile attacks lately look like ukraine is only targeting stuff going towards major civilian areas and having to just let the attacks in other areas happen because of ammo concerns I would assume.

The USA Congress is stuck on a ton of issues, one being Ukraine, because of a handful of Republican representatives.
It's not just aid to Ukraine that is stuck, it's almost everything. Even internal matters.

hlm666

The USA Congress is stuck on a ton of issues, one being Ukraine, because of a handful of Republican representatives.
It's not just aid to Ukraine that is stuck, it's almost everything. Even internal matters.
Yeh I understand it's not just ukraine, but even when they did try to make that bill just about ukraine/israel it didn't change the outcome so either way that complete dysfunction of their government in the current global climate is not a good look.

edit: Ukraine seems to have got some ammunition supplies for artillery among other things and seems like there shouldn't be much delay getting them to the troops.

Last edited:
yup

i'd say its the achilles heel of the US. its very tough for there to be much movement on anything due to the short cycles of gov't. the pendulum just swings back and forth with each side redoing & undoing the previous admins efforts, which in turn prevents ANY cohesive long term progression for anyone. some people might think this is a good thing, but it really handicaps any long term implementation for the future of the country. it's one reason why most of the issues around are still being voted on and veto'd etc from a century ago, instead of focusing on the more modern issues of our times. any sort change is incredibly slow compared to other countries that can have a focused 20 year plan and implement it accordingly.

you get a good two years out of the administration and then they have to focus on the next election already and ensuring what theyre implementing and working on during hte final one to two years doesnt derail that.

don't forget a lot of each admins doing aren't necessarily felt until the next admin is in office as well, so it just convolutes what policies are working or not. yad yada yada

edit - just realized this tangent might fall under "politics", didn't mean to derail from ukraine.

don't @ me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom