• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Reynolds rumored for Rainbow Six movie

R6 was great although I'm not sure how I feel about it being adapted to a film. Because of the caliber of CT experts in Rainbow, the book is just wall to wall ass-kicking from Rainbow, and the tension/thriller aspect comes from (big book spoiler)
discovering the eco-terror olympics plot.

I just don't know how to make it feel like there are stakes moment to moment with that in mind, although I'm sure they'll think of something.

wowzors

I don't recall any of the rainbow six characters being smart mouthed/witty which is kind of Ryan Reynolds schtick. I like him as an actor but I don't know about this role.

Stop making video game movies :(

Even if a Rainbow Six movie would be dope af, I have very little faith that it will actually be so.

Silexx

Why do they need the Rainbow Six license to make a "shooting up brown folks" movie?

I know the reputation that Tom Clancy has, but if I recall correctly, Rainbow Six(the book) was actually devoid of any Islamic terrorists. The main antagonists were Green Peace loons who took it too far (lol).

reserve (assault) will always be the real hero of rainbow 6 to me
always
8fO5WbA.gif

also taking ding chavez out of rainbow six is pretty fucked up imo

There'd better be Ding.

I'm pressing F.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I would take Dafoe as Clarke again in a heartbeat, Reynolds will do.

Would love a Without Remorse film though.

How about instead of adapting Rainbow Six (zzzzzzzzzzzz), Ubi makes a Hunt for Red October game.

Make it FTL, but for nuclear submarines.

It's the only good Clancy film anyways.

My ideas are free.

Ubi literally owns the Tom Clancy name. I don't see how any film would be able to be produced without having some level of Ubi involvement, so they'd have to be, on some level, working on it if this is happening.

I'm dying for a great Submarine game.

Valtýr

R6 was great although I'm not sure how I feel about it being adapted to a film. Because of the caliber of CT experts in Rainbow, the book is just wall to wall ass-kicking from Rainbow, and the tension/thriller aspect comes from (big book spoiler)
discovering the eco-terror olympics plot.

I just don't know how to make it feel like there are stakes moment to moment with that in mind, although I'm sure they'll think of something.

They'll have to completely restructure the story because there's never any stakes. Like ever.

Top Bottom