• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S-E Party Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Trailer

Saoh

oops, it´s not Ramza, i meant the FFTA kid (they all have the same design)

fftactics_guide.jpg

Trailer looks great. Thank god for the law redesign, and the menu changes. Both things should be a big improvement over the first FFTA.

On a related note, I've been trekking through FFTA the last couple of weeks in anticipation for the sequel, and it's a better game than I remember (never beat it the first time through). When I bought it at release, I was expecting a more direct sequel to FFT in terms of plot and design, so I think that had a lot to do with why I gave up on it. It still doesn't hold a candle to FFT, but I've probably given it more criticism than it deserves.

In any case, playing through the original has me even more psyched to see some of the improvements in this game.

Llyranor

Looks pretty nice. Vibrant 2D and flashy spell effects, just the way I like it. I can't comment on the gameplay and story, but we'll see.

The original FFTA gets lots of flak for not being FFT2. Is it a game worth playing in its own right, though? I enjoyed FFT, but it wasn't the groundbreaking game some people were making it to be. The translation was pretty horrendous and probably had a fair role to play in me not having too fond memories of it. Gameplay-wise, how's FFTA? I quite like the FF job system in a SRPG format in FFT.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Looks surprisingly good.

Let's just hope the story is better than FFTA, that alone drove me right away from playing it (couldnt even pass the 4 hour mark...) and I LOVED FFT

Datschge

Matsuno said:
This is developed from Quest? Ended FFTA2 they cannot develop a new Ogre?
Square-Enix bought out Quest, its IPs and took over some staff so it's no more. The Ogre Saga is dead. Some Quest staff who worked on Quest's Tactic Ogre: The Knight of Lodis for GBA before worked on FFTA, FTTA2 likely has a similar development team. I'm sure the Ivalice stuff will die as well as soon as Square-Enix moves on to FFXIII for all the future FF milking.

Cedille

Matsuno said:
This is developed from Quest? Ended FFTA2 they cannot develop a new Ogre?
The directer of this game says the same team as its predecessor is working on this game (with Matsuno and Minaba obviously being exceptions).

As for Ogre, Matsuno once said he had been too busy yet elaborated a plan of making Ogre sequels in September 2002, but his leaving SQUARE-ENIX definitely indicates no Ogre game will be developed. Also, Ogre and Ivalice have a similar fanbase and I'm afraid Ogre is the lesser, sales wise.

KevinRo

Tactics Advanced seemed to watered down for me.

I know its a portable game, but honestly I want a true sequal to FFT!

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
I'd love a serious successor to Final Fantasy Tactics as well, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy Final Fantasy Tactics Advance any less, or won't enjoy FFTA2 any less. :)

Top Bottom