• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-=-=->S P O I L E R S<-=-=- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Spoiler Thread

Kyne

Just beat the game.

Not bad.

Ganon's final form should have been a more intense version of a Lynel fight per his human form.

edit:

my final form.

MytT5Oh.jpg

Vidiot

I'm sick of his Ganon form being a big pig on four legs. I want the Ocarina/LTTP version back. I didn't like it in TP but I get they were going for a beast vs beast thing. Then it was in HW and now this. It's boring compared to the classic Ganon. BotW was the perfect chance to bring it back with the whole inspiration from Zelda 1 thing going on. Huge missed opportunity.

kunonabi

I'm sick of his Ganon form being a big pig on four legs. I want the Ocarina/LTTP version back. I didn't like it in TP but I get they were going for a beast vs beast thing. Then it was in HW and now this. It's boring compared to the classic Ganon. BotW was the perfect chance to bring it back with the whole inspiration from Zelda 1 thing going on. Huge missed opportunity.

Yeah, I really thought we had a chance with this one. Instead we get that god awful spider thing and another 4 legged beast that they seemed to forget to actually design any a.i. for.

Mistle

Yeah considering how I was constantly blown away the entire game, the way they missed the mark with the final boss is pretty disappointing. It felt rushed almost.. I dunno. There is an even bigger emphasis on the final boss, as you can go there immediately, it's always there looming the entire game. It should have been a truly epic battle to live up to the narrative, but ended up just being a victory lap battle.

I was expecting a form similar to OoT, but with intense fighting mechanics like a Lynel. Would have been incredible. Or if they went with "massive beast" like they did, at least make it hard and have me climb it SotC style, like they teased the entire game with the Stone Talus. Even the champions involvement felt rushed, after I spent a whole game saving them and their villages, it just equals a 50% health drop?

BotW is like my favourite game ever but yeah I was pretty let down by the end. All the blight bosses actually weren't up to usual standards. Luckily Hyrule Castle was perfect.

I noticed some white lines drawn across the floor of Hateno Ancient Tech Lab with some Hylian words written next to them.

PN6GL5s.jpg

They are dividing the lab in half between Purah (Director) and Symin (Famulus). The lines and text get more faded the closer they get to Purah, meaning she's been redrawing the line and shrinking Symin's division of the lab.

Haha that's hilarious! God this game

champloo

How long are the lifespans of different races in Hyrule? Is this ever explained explicitly?
My feeling is that the Ritos and Gorons have much shorter lifespans than Hylians, that might explain why the bird people barely remember Revali and what happened 100 years ago.

I noticed some white lines drawn across the floor of Hateno Ancient Tech Lab with some Hylian words written next to them.

PN6GL5s.jpg

They are dividing the lab in half between Purah (Director) and Symin (Famulus). The lines and text get more faded the closer they get to Purah, meaning she's been redrawing the line and shrinking Symin's division of the lab.

Oh my GOD

I love it, that is so fantastic. Great little character moment and gag subtly hidden in plain sight, I love you Nintendo

Crayolan

Honestly I feel it would have been better if they didn't include Beast Ganon. Just felt out of place. Though I probably wouldn't have cared if it was an actual boss and not just a setpiece.

I really liked Spider Ganon because I had this constant feeling that the four champions were helping me, especially in his second pahse when I had some problems deflecting the attacks (both Urbosa and Daruk nailed it)
Beast Ganon looks cool, has the best song in the game and feels epic, but at that point it's really just a playbale cutscene. I was ok with that only because the whole game felt like a long battle against Ganon.

Golnei

I kind of feel like even with that; Beast Ganon deflated the momentum that had been built throughout the game. Even if you treat it as a victory lap and narrative climax over a traditional boss battle; I feel like it just doesn't bring anything positive to the pacing of the final act, and doesn't make your overall victory feel any more satisfying. The music was definitely one of the game's best tracks, but that's all it has going for it.

13ruce

Banned
Kinda hope the next Zelda game goes back to awesome character writing and better stories.

TP, WW, SS, OOT and MM all were better storywise.

There is no nice build up and the King sort of tells the whole story right of the bat lol.

So i hope they fix this in the next game either use the old way of story telling or just copy Witcher 3 or elder scrolls (lore books) or an entirely new way, the memory stuff was horrible and the story is very sparse.

People might think i am crazy but i play Zelda games for story also (for dungeons/puzzle, adventure, gameplay and story).

Dungeons also were pretty meh in the next game they should be like Hyrule Castle but with puzzles added and scattered around the overworld.

Still a 10/10 game but story is sparse sadly.

Guess TP, OoT, MM, WW and MM spoiled me with their charming and cool stories/characters.

Also what happened in that ending it was meh...normally Zelda endings are soooooo good and emotional.

Anyway this are my problems with the game after playing for 150 hours. Oh and enemy variety ofcourse.

Kinda hope the dlc dungeon will be a large traditional one or one like Hyrule castle + puzzles and i can't wait for hard mode,cave of trials etc. Hopefully the dlc story fleshes this game out more!

Ganon was okay (Spider was awesome) but the malice form was meh indeed.

Sorry for the ranting and i still love this game these 2 points are just my biggest concerns with the game;) and otherwise i would not have spent 150 hours on it and still play it hehe:p

kunonabi

Kinda hope the next Zelda game goes back to awesome character writing and better stories.

TP, WW, SS, OOT and MM all were better storywise.

There is no nice build up and the King sort of tells the whole story right of the bat lol.

So i hope they fix this in the next game either use the old way of story telling or just copy Witcher 3 or elder scrolls (lore books) or an entirely new way, the memory stuff was horrible and the story is very sparse.

People might think i am crazy but i play Zelda games for story also (for dungeons/puzzle, adventure, gameplay and story).

Dungeons also were pretty meh in the next game they should be like Hyrule Castle but with puzzles added and scattered around the overworld.

Still a 10/10 game but story is sparse sadly.

Guess TP, OoT, MM, WW and MM spoiled me with their charming and cool stories/characters.

Also what happened in that ending it was meh...normally Zelda endings are soooooo good and emotional.

Anyway this are my problems with the game after playing for 150 hours. Oh and enemy variety ofcourse.

Kinda hope the dlc dungeon will be a large traditional one or one like Hyrule castle + puzzles and i can't wait for hard mode,cave of trials etc. Hopefully the dlc story fleshes this game out more!

Ganon was okay (Spider was awesome) but the malice form was meh indeed.

Sorry for the ranting and i still love this game these 2 points are just my biggest concerns with the game;) and otherwise i would not have spent 150 hours on it and still play it hehe:p

I can't imagine the story being so weak next time since they can't really do the amnesia thing again and they hopefully won't have to drastically alter the scenario halfway through like they did with BotW either.

I really liked Spider Ganon because I had this constant feeling that the four champions were helping me, especially in his second pahse when I had some problems deflecting the attacks (both Urbosa and Daruk nailed it)
Beast Ganon looks cool, has the best song in the game and feels epic, but at that point it's really just a playbale cutscene. I was ok with that only because the whole game felt like a long battle against Ganon.

That's my take as well. All of the bosses were forms of Ganon. It built and built and built and landed at the big beast. I didn't have a problem with it, but I would have liked to have a non-motion controlled swordfight. TP's end boss sequence was better.

PN6GL5s.jpg

This is amazing.

Am_I_Evil

LOL I solved the "lightning volcano" shrine quest on accident before talking to Kass. I was wearing the thunderhelm and climbed up to the top of the little volcano, when the lightning struck just as I got to the top. I talked to Kass afterwards and after he sang the song he was like "Oh I guess you did it already."

Same happened to me lol

That's my take as well. All of the bosses were forms of Ganon. It built and built and built and landed at the big beast. I didn't have a problem with it, but I would have liked to have a non-motion controlled swordfight. TP's end boss sequence was better.
Yes, it's painful for me to say it since I wasn't a big fan of that Ganondorf, but TP had a great battle. Also Wind Waker was spectacular. This is like Majora's Mask with Fierce Deity, something I like but that doesn't stand out.

Probably what the confidential envelope is for.
There's also that island to the west of the Hidden Forest that has just... nothing. A dead tree. Not even a Korok seed. Seems incredibly suspicious to me to be honest. I know there are places in the game that are just wilderness but that one in particular strikes me as very odd. I mean even most empty areas have a Korok puzzle or two.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

PN6GL5s.jpg

Snap!

Purah's great.

There's also that island to the west of the Hidden Forest that has just... nothing. A dead tree. Not even a Korok seed. Seems incredibly suspicious to me to be honest. I know there are places in the game that are just wilderness but that one in particular strikes me as very odd. I mean even most empty areas have a Korok puzzle or two.

At night, a large amount of stals encircle you there.

watershed

Banned
This game is incredible. I've played for over 120 hours now. I beat the game. I beat all 4 dungeons. I got the master sword. I've filled out every region of the map. I have the special horse, tons of maxed out armor, etc. But today after doing all that, I stumbled upon the Wetland Stable for the first time! Somehow this game is big enough that I'm still discovering landmarks after all this playtime. The sense of new is still there.

This game is incredible. I've played for over 120 hours now. I beat the game. I beat all 4 dungeons. I got the master sword. I've filled out every region of the map. I have the special horse, tons of maxed out armor, etc. But today after doing all that, I stumbled upon the Wetland Stable for the first time! Somehow this game is big enough that I'm still discovering landmarks after all this playtime. The sense of new is still there.

120 hours and you missed a stable?

tenor.gif

What have you been doing this whole time haha

Zips

I came across the npc that gives the only bit of backstory for the fortress in Akkala just the other day.

This is what happens when you don't follow the roads.

Cubed

I liked spider form.
Ditto.

Beat Ganon tonight. Ran right to the castle for the first time right after I beat the last Divine Beast. Ganon was epic-looking in both forms and kind of fun, but waaaaay too easy. I took him on after only completing 47 shrines and the 4 Divine Beasts (took a few memory pics too), so I felt like I was going to be underpowered, but nope.

Not really a complaint, to be honest... it didn't sour me on the game or the end of the game at all.

I'm still so in love with this game. I have almost ALL the side quests to do, so there's still plenty to dig my teeth into.

Forkball

Wow that's really interesting. It's strange that they programmed a barrier for the Sanctum entrance complete with a message. I wonder why that is.
So I beat this finally and is there no gameplay post ganon? I just reload my save and do go in this time?
It gives you a star next to your profile, and on your map you get a % completion stat. There is no new content after you beat Ganon, but you can still do whatever you want and finish off sidequests etc.

Branduil

Even gliding dude is gone after you speak to him. Unfortunately the guards to Gerudo city still manifest if try to enter it, lol.
Guess this is the first major game breaking glitch?

It seems so, though to be fair you have to try really hard to actually trigger it. Nintendo will probably still patch it though, since now that it's on youtube people might try to emulate it without realizing it will permanently fuck their saves. I would think the easy fix would be to make it so the gliding game ending triggers before anything else, rather than after.

Wow that's really interesting. It's strange that they programmed a barrier for the Sanctum entrance complete with a message. I wonder why that is.
I'm guessing the barrier would usually be approached from the other side, it's just two-way for some reason.

Nosgotham

Lol really? When he pointed out there was yet another memory and that we had to use the painting, I was kind of annoyed. Not gonna lie - I was getting tired of the wild goose chase for those things.

For me, the most memorable moment was collecting the lightning arrows on top of that mountain without the Lynel catching you. That was thrilling and so unlike any Zelda moment ever.

Actually me too because I had talked to the guy at the wall at Fort Hateno who told of the story that the champion (link) died in the final battle there. So as soon as impa said there is one more and I saw the pic I was like holy shit I am travelling back to the spot where I died. It was a really cool feeling for me

Nosgotham

It's very strange . A bunch of skeletons and chus. Nothing else

Qassim

Finally decided to finish the main quest, didn't think I was super powerful but the whole fight was incredibly easy - ate two pieces of food and barely even had to think about it. So that was a bit disappointing. The ending in general was pretty disappointing.

I also really dislike the whole 'sending you back to a save before the fight' thing, and it seems pretty unlikely that the 'original story' DLC will be about Zelda & Link after the final fight, following one of their adventures in a post-calamity world.

But none of this really changes my thoughts on it being one of my all time favourite games, it's absolutely incredible. I adore this game for so many reasons.

Forkball

My 118th and 119th shrines were both stable shrines. Riverside Stable and South Akkala Stable. I never really thoroughly explored the Hyrule Field area since of course I wanted to see how far I could push the game and wanted to activate all the towers, and I didn't see the South Akkala Stable because when I climbed Akkala Tower, there was a huge thunderstorm and I couldn't see it. I also found the stable in the Faron area jungle pretty late in my adventures as well.

I beat the game this week, but during some post-Ganon playing I found the mounted archery and Goron golf minigames for the first time. Also I apparently have about 15 more sidequests to do. Just when you thought you've done everything, you find something. I stumbled upon both the Observation Room and the King's Study poking around Hyrule Castle AFTER I beat Ganon.

And speaking of new discoveries, I just found out you can dye the Wild tunic set. I kind of wish you could carry multiple sets, but I don't wanna grind for those dragon parts again...

kunonabi

My 118th and 119th shrines were both stable shrines. Riverside Stable and South Akkala Stable. I never really thoroughly explored the Hyrule Field area since of course I wanted to see how far I could push the game and wanted to activate all the towers, and I didn't see the South Akkala Stable because when I climbed Akkala Tower, there was a huge thunderstorm and I couldn't see it. I also found the stable in the Faron area jungle pretty late in my adventures as well.

I beat the game this week, but during some post-Ganon playing I found the mounted archery and Goron golf minigames for the first time. Also I apparently have about 15 more sidequests to do. Just when you thought you've done everything, you find something. I stumbled upon both the Observation Room and the King's Study poking around Hyrule Castle AFTER I beat Ganon.

And speaking of new discoveries, I just found out you can dye the Wild tunic set. I kind of wish you could carry multiple sets, but I don't wanna grind for those dragon parts again...

yeah, dragon farming is terrible. Star farming isn't much better.

It's weird despite doubling down on systems created by SS none of them actually feel like improvements outside of the stamina guage.

Mohonky

Whats the pre-requisite to the 'Alternate' ending.

Finally decided I would kill Ganon and I get to the cutscene where Zelda asks if I remember her, then it goes to credits. After the credits theres another video. However isnt there something immediately after her asking if you remember her?

I have;

All main quests complete (except kill Ganon before the final fight)
All memories found
All Shrine quests completed and 120 shrines in total.

Do I need to complete all side quests?

Top Bottom