• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa 2015 (working title) announced for PS Vita

This isn't even true so I'm not gonna reply.
You should check the top selling 3ds games and see how many titles came out this year that sold more than 300k excluding call of duty/gta-like stuff which is obviously extremely idiotic to compare to.[/SPOILER]

3DS has already 20 games that sold more than 100k and were released in 2014 (PSV has 10); 12 of them are above 200k units (PSV has 2) and 6 of them are million sellers )PSV has none). Then you have plenty of 2013 games that kept selling this year, e.g. Youkai Watch, Attack on Titan, Aikatsu and Nintendo evergreens.

Compared to what?
Those games were all big hits in today's japanese market.

PS Nova bombed. Sega's initial expectations were 500k. Even revising them, the game will hardly reach 200k units. Soul Sacrifice didn't do too hot either, even though it was a new IP.

Square Enix and SaGa series creator Akitoshi Kawazu are currently working on the latest entry of the series, currently with the working title of SaGa 2015 for PlayStation Vita. Kawazu recently tweeted some details for the upcoming game’s battle system.

Here’s what he said: “SaGa 2015 will have all kinds of battle elements. I believe that elements that were used in SaGa such as ‘battle formation,’ ‘cooperation,’ and ‘flash’ will not be a point of focus this time around.”

“As long as it’s new and fun, I believe anything can be added to the game.. However, the ‘new’ part is what is difficult.”

If you’re confused about the “flash” part that Kawazu mentioned in the tweet, it’s a feature that was in the Romancing SaGa games that allowed party members to learn new techniques mid-battle, which was characterized by the light bulb over the character’s head.

Keep in mind that it doesn’t mean that these features won’t be in SaGa 2015, but that they won’t be the main focus. Going by Kawazu’s tweet, he’s looking to add new elements to the game. He also recently mentioned that SaGa 2015 will have multiple protagonists among other tidbits, but so far it seems like we could end up with a game that is quite different from past games of the series as far as battles go.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/0...ifferent-past-saga-games/#gDAF8KXdzViuWsA8.99

Sorry if old.

Nimby

Banned
I'm surprised at how little we know about this game given this is a 2015 release. We literally have a WIP title with one seemingly non-playable character illustration and that's it; and Kawazu initially wanted to reveal this game in mid 2014. Where is all of his work to show, and when can we expect it?

I wasn't apart of the community when Minstrel's Song was being released, so I'm not aware of his tendencies when it comes to showing off his games.

I hope I don't get anyone's hopes up for an update. I considered making a thread but I thought it was kind of unnecessary.

Some Nobody

I'm surprised at how little we know about this game given this is a 2015 release. We literally have a WIP title with one seemingly non-playable character illustration and that's it; and Kawazu initially wanted to reveal this game in mid 2014. Where is all of his work to show, and when can we expect it?

I wasn't apart of the community when Minstrel's Song was being released, so I'm not aware of his tendencies when it comes to showing off his games.

I hope I don't get anyone's hopes up for an update. I considered making a thread but I thought it was kind of unnecessary.

It's February, and Square right now is focused on Type-0. And Dragon Quest Heroes isn't too far from coming out either. If you want SaGa 2015 information, I'd wait until April or May.

Nimby

Banned
Okay, I'm surprised this didn't get word here, but they're hosting another event at the Saga Prefecture March 21st. http://romasaga2.jp/

Also, here's a character design tease and a potential SaGa hype train.

B8wCyKICUAABIfe.jpg:large

img_news_01.jpg

Okay, I'm surprised this didn't get word here, but they're hosting another event at the Saga Prefecture March 21st. http://romasaga2.jp/

Also, here's a character design tease and a potential SaGa hype train.

B8wCyKICUAABIfe.jpg:large

img_news_01.jpg

That's awesome. And also makes me think they'll be doing Chibi graphics.

Anyway, takes for the info, I wasn't keeping up with this game at all (despite liking SaGa).

Nimby

Banned
I really hope the models aren't going to be chibi again. I want in-game models that do Kobayashi's work justice.

And yeah, GAF is my go to place for gaming news, and that's mainly how I keep up to date. You could follow Kawazu on Twitter, I think @SaGa25Kawazu.

I really hope the models aren't going to be chibi again. I want in-game models that do Kobayashi's work justice.

And yeah, GAF is my go to place for gaming news, and that's mainly how I keep up to date. You could follow Kawazu on Twitter, I think @SaGa25Kawazu.

Didn't know he had a Twitter. Following it. Thanks.

But yeah, I don't want Chibi again, but I kinda expect it tbh...

Top Bottom