• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

MechaX

He is real in the fact Trump meant "wiretapping" to mean what ever best suited Trump's deflection argument.

You know, cause he knows cyber. It crazy stuff that will make your head spin. Trump has the best people working on it.

He has the most incredible 400 lb kid in their basement working on cyber as we speak.

Arttemis

The former AG said in a public hearing that she told the president his pick for NS advisor was easy pickings for Russian blackmail, the president said "NBD", and people think this is a waste of time?

The president, who maintained that Flynn's reported convos with the Russians were simultaneously "fake news" and "leaks", is now ushering half the government to seek out who leaked the story of his incompetence/negligence to the press with the intent to punish them, even though Yates' knowledge was not considered classified information? And this is nothing?

Stop embarrassing yourselves. We "know" all this because the Washington Post and NYT did amazing reporting for months... we're just now getting it confirmed, with I's dotted, T's crossed.

February story with all that Yates just told us... without an actual quote from her

Follow that up with the Vice President lying on national television denying those ties and defending him...

Follow that up with the Vice President lying on national television denying those ties and defending him...
Agreed. However, Yates herself was careful in her wording. She said today that Pence was unknowingly lying.

Trying to pass off shit like this makes me really surprised you haven't been banned yet. What a joke.
You're allowed to have shit opinions here without getting banned though. I mean...there was a whole thread dedicated to Breath of the Wild being the best Zelda game. If that nonsense doesn't get you banned, nothing should.

digdug2k

There was no surveillance on Trump, either, so it's a moot point.
What! Maybe you're forgetting that time Trump's assistants went to a 7-11 and there was totally a camera in there watching him. You're trying to pretend those were installed to catch other criminals and not just to try and sway the election for Clinton?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I don't have a link, but when asked if Flynn lied to Pence, she deferred saying something along the lines of "well, it appeared that he had lied to VP Pence at the time."

Probably because she was not in the room for their conversation, so she has no way of knowing exactly what was said. "It appears so" is different from "I know it is so".

Early January, yes. He later concerned this point and fired Flynn after Flynn came clean, no?

He fired Flynn after the Washington Post broke the story and forced him to do it. Even then, Trump defended Flynn and called it a witch hunt. When reporters asked him why he fired him if it was a witch hunt, he dodged the question.

The fact is they didn't fire Flynn for 18 days, and there's nearly zero chance that Trump wasn't told about the conversation with Yates. He just ignored it, hoping it would go away.

You're allowed to have shit opinions here without getting banned though. I mean...there was a whole thread dedicated to Breath of the Wild being the best Zelda game. If that nonsense doesn't get you banned, nothing should.

What he said goes beyond opinion and more into the camp of trying to spread disingenuous bullshit. I'm sure not even Trump believes the "quote" nonsense. These people are trying to have their cake and eat it too, spreading literal false news while pointing their finger somewhere else and gaf would be better off without it. Springsteen knows exactly what he's doing.

Notice he disappeared right after getting called out on it too.

RDreamer

So what are the cliff notes on this? I missed it yesterday?

-Republicans are partisan hacks that don't give a fucking shit about Russian influence and would rather distract with accusations of partisanship, hunt to find leakers, and repeatedly chant "unmasking" as though it scares us.

-Yates and the DOJ fully warned the administration, and not like Spicer said. It wasn't a "heads up" at all. It was full on warned that what Flynn said was not true and that he could be compromised. She set up meeting to go over the evidence with them but was ousted from the DOJ before that actually happened so she doesn't really know why Flynn stayed on for 18 days after the warning. Also the other newsworthy thing was that not only was the lying problematic, she stated that his conduct in and of itself, minus any lying, was also bad.

-Clapper definitely didn't want to be there.

And with her being fired as soon as she was going to offer proof that Flynn was compromised.

The meeting was to take place on the 30th, the same day she was fired, and the law gives her leeway to refuse to pass an executive order on review. So, she was wrongfully fired, or purposely fired for the cover-up. Then, the Trump admit tried to pressure her not to testify.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Agreed. However, Yates herself was careful in her wording. She said today that Pence was unknowingly lying.

Well - she said "It appeared that he was unknowingly lying"

And she paused before she said it.

I took that as a hint of something else going on.

Edit: Ah, I see I wasn't the only one that caught that.

If randomly bodying people on gaming side for having opinions you disagree with doesn't get you banned, nothing should. Next you'll just start ranting about how awful aardvarks are or something.

cakely

Gotta catch 'em all

XiWhNaQ.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Looks like the hearing is working as intended.The orange shitstain is visibly squirming.

Olga_Lautman NYC ✨‏ @olgaNYC1211 Apr 30
More
Join Us in a Nationwide #MarchforTruth on June 3rd to Demand a Special Independent Prosecutor in #Trumprussia !! Let's Do This America ����

C-q8C-_XsAADdwg.jpg

rjinaz

Holy shit I legitimately thought they photoshopped one guy over a dozen times. It took me a solid 30 seconds to realize those were all different people.

Lol, I'm White and this comment made me laugh. It really really does.

Olga_Lautman NYC ✨‏ @olgaNYC1211 Apr 30
More
Join Us in a Nationwide #MarchforTruth on June 3rd to Demand a Special Independent Prosecutor in #Trumprussia !! Let's Do This America ����

C-q8C-_XsAADdwg.jpg

I'm in.

De Amerikaanse senator Lindsey Graham gaat een onderzoek instellen naar president Trump. Hij wil weten of de zakenbelangen van de president in verband kunnen worden gebracht met Rusland,
Dat melden Amerikaanse media dinsdag, een dag nadat het onderwerp ter sprake kwam bij een hoorzitting in de Senaat.

De Republikein Graham zei ook graag inzage te willen krijgen in de belastingaangiften van zijn partijgenoot Trump. De president had in de aanloop naar de presidentsverkiezingen vorig jaar beloofd deze aangiften openbaar te maken, maar heeft dat tot op heden niet gedaan.

Op de vraag of Graham de belastingpapieren via een gerechtelijk bevel openbaar wil krijgen, wilde de senator niet antwoorden. Het Witte Huis wilde nog niet reageren op het voornemen van Graham.

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/4680204/republikeinse-senator-wil-zakenbelangen-van-trump-onderzoeken.html

Hey, is this already known? I've just read on a Dutch site that Senator Graham wants to conduct an investigation into possible ties of Trumps businesses into Russia. He also wants clearance to look into Trumps' tax returns.

The reason they do this is because it works. It's that simple. Enough of their supporters tell people who easily believe this stuff.

Yup. I know someone at work who will parrot all this shit. I argue with them to tell them no, just go and do some research and their answer is "eh who cares".

Crazy thing is this guy is an attorney, who's job is like you know, HALF RESEARCH and dealing with facts.

I know deep down the guy doesn't truly, truly believe it, but he doesn't want to find proof directly disproving it either. Whatever you can use to support your beliefs.

GTI Guy

Fuck graham is such a scumbag these fucking evil shits

I see good old Lyndsey is trying to defend Trump and company again.

Graham asking stupid questions.

Graham tried his best to derail this shit again

Graham clearly isn't interested in the truth. Yates tried to call out his unmasked nonsense and he didn't let her.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/861960559897567233

Seems like he was asking the right "dumb" questions to remove any sort of reasonable doubt.

Their message is so mis aligned. Yates/Obama are so biased that they can't trust the warnings but Flynn needed no vetting because he was already cleared by the Obama admin.
You just put more effort into thinking about this situation than Trump's entire voter base ever will.

Top Bottom