• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta catch 'em all

XiWhNaQ.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
All I take from this is that there was definitely, probably some collusion and/or mild treason.

MechaX

"Fuckery" is fine for quick laughs but it's not informative

I don't see how much more information one can convey about this beyond "GOP asked her why she didn't uphold the travel ban" in at least 20 different ways. Beyond that, you got the meat of the hearing in her attempt to warn the White House about Flynn and some attempts at asking Clapper about the possible WH leaker, not necessarily the leaks themselves.

So is this administration really untouchable?

People need to keep in mind that there's an active investigation into the current POTUS and many others connected to him.

That takes time and the case has to be airtight.

If they prosecute and it gets thrown out of court or they lose it will play right into his hands that this is just a hit job by Democrats because they lost.

And there's your sign. Call it a hunch, and I've been wrong before, but Trump isn't going anywhere....at least not in the next 3.5 years. He'll throw people to the wolves and under the bus, but nothing will happen to him. His worst case will be a landslide loss in a re-election bid.

The investigation will not take three years. But it's only been a little over three months since inauguration. This is not very much time at all when talking about a (clearly) massive investigation. Anybody who expected it to be over by now was always rushing it.

The perpetual N.W.C.o.T. vs. These Things Take Time exchanges can be a bit tiresome. However, I do think people should be aware of what kind of information comes from each development on a case-by-case basis. We have to dig for the truth before justice can served, but we can also be advocates for a more powerful investigation.

"When will the taxpayer funded charade end?"

I dunno Donny, when are you going to stop going to your shitty golf resort in Floriday every goddamn weekend?

Oh don't worry. Trump heard us loud and clear. Besides, it's getting too warm in Florida.

So now for the summer, Trump will be instead going to his shitty golf course in New Jersey every goddamn weekend.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Anyone kind of scared for the people who did the "unmasking"?

GOP weren't even being convert on their desire for a witch hunt to find them.

Definitely. But, the ray of hope is that the unmasking was already done by the intelligence agency in order to provide context as both Yates and Clapper said is done sometimes. However, I'm pretty sure that was lost on almost every single Republican.

He's not lying about this being a waste of money

So research into how Russia is undermining western democracy as well as promoting actual fake news and figuring out how to combat this is a waste of money according to you?

FYI, this Russia investigation isn't just about Trump. It's also about how Russia is turning the factuality of news into a goddamn battlefield.

What did we learn from Clapper?

That all the data collected on Trump and his associates under the Obama administration was collected completely legally.

That the IC needs funding to start combating Russia's fake news efforts.

That Clapper was one of the people that LEGALLY unmasked Trump and/or someone(s) associated with Trump.

Do you want to answer the question?

What, precisely?

Meaning, what did Clapper or Yates say that wasn't already known? We already knew before this dog and pony show that she warned the White House about Flynn. There is no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion which every intelligence agency has already repeatedly said

Let's see what the FBI says at the end of their investigation, that is what I'm interested in. That's all I have to say about this matter

Dirca

The investigation will not take three years. But it's only been a little over three months since inauguration. This is not very much time at all when talking about a (clearly) massive investigation. Anybody who expected it to be over by now was always rushing it.
I never said it would take 3 years. I'm speculating that Trump isn't leaving until his term is over. No impeachment, no resignation, no jailing. Do I think there was some collusion with Russia? Absolutely I do. Do I think this will be thrown out eventually or he'll have patsies that will take the fall for him? Yes, I have a hunch this is more likely than any punishment he will face.

Meaning, what did Clapper or Yates say that wasn't already known? We already knew before this dog and pony show that she warned the White House about Flynn. There is no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion which every intelligence agency has already repeatedly said

Let's see what the FBI says at the end of their investigation, that is what I'm interested in. That's all I have to say about this matter

Except we know from the press that the FBI already has damning evidence on Trump's associates with regards to Russia.

The FBI has simply not stated or leaked if they have the smoking gun on Trump himself yet.

I never said it would take 3 years. I'm speculating that Trump isn't leaving until his term is over. No impeachment, no resignation, no jailing. Do I think there was some collusion with Russia? Absolutely I do. Do I think this will be thrown out eventually or he'll have patsies that will take the fall for him? Yes, I have a hunch this is more likely than any punishment he will face.

Even IF Trump doesn't get thrown in jail before his term ends, his blatant violations of the emoluments clause are already enough to jail him as soon as he leaves office.

There is no non-classified evidence of collusion.

Actually, did GOP Senators/Reps repeatedly state that they have seen proof of criminal wrongdoing during Ben G. or Email related investigations? I don't know, I'd would assume so but I'm not certain how BOTH SIDES the respective statements have been.

Who would be willing to take the fall for him?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

I'm disappointed that a mod hasn't changed your user name yet.
You're not worthy and the real Bruce would be disgusted.

Zips

Didn't Clapper say that as of the time of his report from before he left office, there was no known -conclusive- evidence of collusion?

Essentially noting that it could have changed since then, and that there was not -zero- evidence.

rambis

Banned

Wait what? I posted just earlier today of a house intel committee member directly saying on CNN they have evidence of ties between Trumps team and Family and Russia. Stronger than whats unclass.
https://youtu.be/NISyX6FnoR4

Its amazing how fast you all try to spin Clappers words and leave out the part where he says his knowledge only extends to inauguration day. Basic reasoning says during the transition they obviously didn't have the scope of evidence they have now and werent able to specifically identify what he was doing. Now the case has progressed to the point were they aren't even accepting deals for his testimony.

You can easily tell who's actually following and understanding this and who's just springing to say the latest talking point. The first paragraph reads like its from Spicer himself.

He also noted the trump business is tied up in an investigation with Russia. There were a lot of hints and it moves the ball forward in the court of public opinion on the Flynn issue which by itself can do lots of damage because it ties in Pence and Trump directly given what we already know. The Senate (i think it was the senate could have been the house investigation) has put a deadline for tomorrow for some info from page, manafort, flynn and then another deadline the 19th which could result in subpoenas. Things probably won't quiet down for a while on this.

Top Bottom