• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

SummitAve

Banned
Leaks like "Trump wears a bathrobe all day" are materially different from classified signals intelligence, presuming including a domestic endpoint.

I meant more in terms of leaks that were either Trump, Bannon, Flynn, Priebus, Kushner, Spicer, or somebody associated with them as conversations and details were leaking out where they were literally the only ones in the room.

Unison

That doesn't necessarily mean he lied to the FBI though. It could also mean he told the truth to the FBI then she couldn't/wouldn't comment on it because it was clear they were going to start an investigation into what he said.

There were other flags though that he lied during the interview scattered throughout the testimony from Yates.

Again, it wasn't her specific answer here. It was one of those things that becomes apparent when you look at her testimony holistically and think logically about the timeline.

Protome

There were other flags though that he lied during the interview scattered throughout the testimony from Yates.

Again, it wasn't her specific answer here. It was one of those things that becomes apparent when you look at her testimony holistically and think logically about the timeline.

I don't disagree, I only disagree with labelling that as concrete confirmation like the other things you listed were.

It's pretty clear Flynn either lied to the FBI and they already had evidence to contradict what he was saying or he told them the truth and it became part of their investigation. We'll probably never actually know those details.

Lol funny you say that because it was Clinton liberals (albeit more serious than those on GAF) disagreeing with my suspicion that the leaks came from a CIA or NSA source.
In your eyes what's the opposite of a liberal? Your comment comes off as aggressively partisan when you resort to what reads like petty mudslinging.

Tovarisc

SkK7k49.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/861712617299210240

KHarvey16

You're right. I don't know what the DOJ, FBI, NSA, et al know. But it's all I have to go on right now. As such, I don't believe there were any real bombshells dropped by Yates' testimony today.

No, becuase it was all about public information. And the two witnesses were no longer in government when this all kicked into gear.

What this did do, and what people were hoping for, was to corroborate some bits and pieces of info we had and not pour any water on the fire.

KHarvey16

I guess the scariest part of this is that he's not really wrong. Clapper did say that.
He also specified "at the time that he helped with the first report" and that the FBI investigation will know more that could/probably does contradict that.

But hey, if Republicans liked Context in their arguments they wouldn't hate immigration so much.

Clapper did not say there is no evidence.

Obscura

God I really should not watch Graham speak. Every time he opens his mouth it makes me want to punch him in the face repeatedly nonstop.

Today was my first time seeing and hearing Graham speak and I could not agree more. How did this clown get to this position?

Regarding the whole "unmasking" thing, can someone provide a link or explain to me why only republicans keep harping on it?

It's really pathetic knowing that our President was sitting his gigantic ass on a couch all day watching TV throwing hissy fits and immediately taking to Twitter instead of being fucking President. He is the laziest piece of shit to have ever set foot in the White House.

tbm24

I'd like to think Trump has forced Republicans to give up all of their "values" by defending and parroting all the dumb shit he says on a daily basis. I just fully expect once Trump is gone and a Democrat is in office that they'll revert back to pretending to be the party of the Constitution and morality.

Did I miss any real discussion about surveillance today? Lots about unmasking, lots about leaking, lots about Russia, some about the Muslim ban and even one hilarious mention of Weiner being forwarded 'her e-mails' but pretty much nothing about surveillance.

Says the fucking asshole who pushed the birth certificate conspiracy for fucking years.

Really hoping his old, rotten body gives out soon and he falls into a big lump of orange colored shit.

Edit - like, I seriously wish he'd have a massive heart attack while walking down a large flight of stairs, landing next to Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama, their laughing faces being the last thing he ever sees.

Absurd, but I can't think of anything he's more afraid of.

Top Bottom