• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

I never said it would take 3 years. I'm speculating that Trump isn't leaving until his term is over. No impeachment, no resignation, no jailing. Do I think there was some collusion with Russia? Absolutely I do. Do I think this will be thrown out eventually or he'll have patsies that will take the fall for him? Yes, I have a hunch this is more likely than any punishment he will face.

But you've already laid out a plausible consequence minutes earlier.

And there's your sign. Call it a hunch, and I've been wrong before, but Trump isn't going anywhere....at least not in the next 3.5 years. He'll throw people to the wolves and under the bus, but nothing will happen to him. His worst case will be a landslide loss in a re-election bid.

I think this should be everyone's realistic goal: ensuring Donald Trump is a one term president. Until then I'm not ready to totally dismiss investigations in congress and the FBI as it's been a slow-moving cloud of negative news that shows little sign of actually abating anytime soon.

I'd love to see Donald Trump impeached and removed, and I also understand that chances of it happening have multiple factors against it. But if some conclusive evidence of collusion does come forth and multiple people in his administration get implicated, removed, or imprisoned, that could work towards keeping Trump to one term.

Either way, it's premature for all the all-too-certain predictions that usually pepper these threads in the form of "holy shit he's gone for sure" and the classic "nothing will come of this"

Tovarisc

Oh my god guys his twitter banner.
8SXX8W3.jpg

Because you know you want it as wallpaper....

1500x500

antonz

Didn't Clapper say that as of the time of his report from before he left office, there was no known -conclusive- evidence of collusion?

Essentially noting that it could have changed since then, and that there was not -zero- evidence.

Yes Clapper has made sure to state that he can only speak of when he was in his position. Anything after he has no access too. That's the game Trump and Co are playing. They are using a man who no longer even has a job as the definitive answer on current investigations,

He made it very clear today as well that they were under extreme time constraint and had to speed things up just to get the groundwork going

KHarvey16

Yes Clapper has made sure to state that he can only speak of when he was in his position. Anything after he has no access too. That's the game Trump and Co are playing. They are using a man who no longer even has a job as the definitive answer on current investigations,

He made it very clear today was well that they were under extreme time constraint and had to speed things up just to get the groundwork going

Yeah and not only that but even when he was employed he didn't know about the FBI investigation, never mind what evidence they could have had.

So, not only does the president of the united states change his Twitter banner to be a quote about how he's not in collusion with Russia, but he didn't even crop it right.

These hearings have been a waste of money, they're 100% political theater, a production for cable news outlets

The FBI investigation I think is necessary

Maybe the American people deserve to find out about the investigations through more than just leaks?

The whole purpose of open hearings is to inform the public legally.

Shaneus

So, not only does the president of the united states change his Twitter banner to be a quote about how he's not in collusion with Russia, but he didn't even crop it right.
It was cropped properly, but because of how Twitter resizes things, you can't see the whole quote:

I love how many people of colour are in that photo. I spot one, two if counting orange.

Zolo

The desperation fuels me. Good lord. He needs this story to go away. It cuts him to the very core that he can't control the media. This is amazing.

It says something he tried so hard to have the hearing today cancelled. What's he going to do when we actually start getting results from the FBI investigation (even if they only include people he's been involved with)?

I mean, this is 100% how not to distract people from a story. I couldn't enjoy the banner more. This is like if Richard Gere put a denial about the hamster incident on top of his twitter feed.

I can't stop laughing about this.

Surveillance in general
It's still not remotely true. People arguing both sides of this need not to get bogged down in the details. Trump accused the former President of illegally surveilling him. He accused the former President of a huge crime without a shred of evidence, whether he put quotes around wire tapping or not.

The former AG said in a public hearing that she told the president his pick for NS advisor was easy pickings for Russian blackmail, the president said "NBD", and people think this is a waste of time?

The president, who maintained that Flynn's reported convos with the Russians were simultaneously "fake news" and "leaks", is now ushering half the government to seek out who leaked the story of his incompetence/negligence to the press with the intent to punish them, even though Yates' knowledge was not considered classified information? And this is nothing?

Stop embarrassing yourselves. We "know" all this because the Washington Post and NYT did amazing reporting for months... we're just now getting it confirmed, with I's dotted, T's crossed.

February story with all that Yates just told us... without an actual quote from her

Top Bottom