• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

Latest CM Nightly finally brought KitKat (4.4.1, specifically) to my VZW Note II. Did a factory reset and installed with the latest GApps, and it runs amazingly well. Not had a single crash, and things seem much faster and more responsive.

Really impressed.

I discovered what was causing the severe slowdown and lag on my phone, it was Swype keyboard. I switched to Samsung's and it's been fine for days.

But I need my Swype (and I paid for it) but it was completely crippling my phone for some reason. I guess I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Tried 4.3 out, promptly went back to JediX20. The lock screen implementation is terrible on TW in 4.3. Not to mention the horrible bootloader crap they included with the update. Bluetooth behavior was off as well. 4.1.2 is good enough for me.

Anyone running the latest CM11 Nightly, and managed to disable the hardware buttons and turn on the onscreen buttons? I can't find where to make that change in Settings.

how else can you know how to hide the keyboard?

Not sure what you're asking or what does having software buttons has to do with hiding the keyboard... But I do sometimes need to hide the keyboard (especially on gaf when quoting a long post and trying to write a reply to it; what I'm writing becomes hidden behind the keyboard)... Swype allows you to hide the keyboard with a quick gesture and I really miss that feature, but Swype becomes a laggy mess on my phone so I stopped using it. Wish there was a universal way to do it.

Edit: I might have just found it, tapping anywhere outside of text boxes hides the keyboard... d'oh.

Not sure what you're asking or what does having software buttons has to do with hiding the keyboard... But I do sometimes need to hide the keyboard (especially on gaf when quoting a long post and trying to write a reply to do; what I'm writing becomes hidden behind the keyboard)... Swype allows you to his the keyboard with a quick gesture and I really miss that feature, but Swype becomes a laggy mess on my phone so I stopped using it. Wish there was a universal way to do it.

Edit: I might have just found it, tapping anywhere outside of text boxes hides the keyboard... d'oh.

good one!

Anyone know of a good Waterproof case for the Note 2, preferably with an armband? I mean something that would protect the phone if it gets submersed underwater for a short while.

Any idea how much longer til we get KitKat on att? Touchwiz is kinda slow. I know this phone can be faster.

Is cyanogenmod buggy on the note 2? It was pretty buggy on the gs3.

Any idea how much longer til we get KitKat on att? Touchwiz is kinda slow. I know this phone can be faster.

Is cyanogenmod buggy on the note 2? It was pretty buggy on the gs3.

I've been incredibly happy with CM11 on my Note II. Can't think of any bugs that I'm currently dealing with.

The camera is pretty bad, though.

NH Apache

Banned
After being on CM11 for the longest, I had to swicth because of constant reboots. I'm now on Paranoidandroid (for the last month or so) and other than the weird notifications, it runs very well. Running beta 1 4.4.

Top Bottom