• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
best weather app to use? Tied of Weather Underground being so off. High for yesterday was 60, but turned out to be 78!
Yahoo! Weather. It's the same as the iOS version, which I love. It's very readable, accurate, and has all the essential weather details (humidity, wind, etc).

My girlfriend has an S7 and her battery life is definitely not normal. Within 5-10 minutes I've seen it drop 4-5%. Checking the battery usage setting on her phone, nothing is coming up as a battery eater. All of her apps are operating as I would expect, with minimal usage percentages.

Mine's been similar for the past 2-3 months. Factory reset it, no change. Even switched the Facebook app to a 3rd party one and Chrome too. Makes me wanna consider switching to IOS next year, as much as I don't enjoy that os.

Mozendo

My phone and my girlfriend's suddenly lost fast charging. Does anyone know what causes this and any possible fixes? It hasn't even been a week I don't know what happened

Mozendo

Decided to see if reformatting my phone would fix it, what a mistake as the battery is now incredibly worse and takes a lot slower to charge. I have to turn the phone off so it can charge at a decent rate compared to it being fine a few days ago.

As I said before it hasn't been a week since I got this phone and it's already having issues. Really upset and have no idea what to do

Decided to see if reformatting my phone would fix it, what a mistake as the battery is now incredibly worse and takes a lot slower to charge. I have to turn the phone off so it can charge at a decent rate compared to it being fine a few days ago.

As I said before it hasn't been a week since I got this phone and it's already having issues. Really upset and have no idea what to do

could be a faulty cable.

Anyone else get a stupid splash page in front of the lock screen all the sudden? Need to get rid of it and dont know how😠

got PhotoGrid?

I havent got photo grid. Heres what pops up before my actual security screen
OkMF7v9m.png

It scrolls random ads,dont know which app is causing this ughh

Son's iPhone 5s is crapping out and he's jonesing for a S7 Edge. Does it compare favorably with other phones? I'm assuming any explode-y issues have been worked out? Thanks!

Koppai

Does anyone know how to bypass the Google Account verification on an S7 Edge? I have looked up guides but they always want you to download weird/shady things to your computer. <_>

RoKKeR

Well unfortunately the pink line stretching vertically across the right side of my screen seems to be permanent. Ugh, such a bummer. Had the phone since day one and it has been great up to now. Not sure what to do with it.

darkwing

Well unfortunately the pink line stretching vertically across the right side of my screen seems to be permanent. Ugh, such a bummer. Had the phone since day one and it has been great up to now. Not sure what to do with it.

looks like you need to have the display/screen replaced

Futureman

anyone here factory reset their S7 due to lag?

I've had my Verizon S7 since June of last year. I've noticed lately I'm getting lag. Pressing the power button takes a second longer for the screen to come on, double tap on home for camera is laggy and only seems to work half the time now, when I open Google Maps it sometimes takes up to 10 seconds for the keyboard to pop up so I can search something, etc.

I'm guessing it would be pretty painless to do a factory reset as most stuff is in the cloud. How exactly does something like Google Photos work though? Will it redownload the photos onto my phone, or will everything before the wipe be cloud only and new photos will be both device+cloud?

Orbis

Breaking my S7 Edge screen turned out to to be a blessing in disguise it seems. One of the earliest things I noticed with the phone when I got it last year was the sensitive touch screen. I assumed it was normal based on what others had said, and there was even a system update which addressed it.

Well fast forward to 2 weeks ago and with my screen cracked right through to the LCD, I had to use an old Z3 while it was out of action. Holy shit. I could actually type again. Seems as though despite adapting to the S7 Edge touchscreen sensitivity, I never really got over it fully and my poor touchscreen typing was mostly the fault of the phone itself.

Skip to now and I have my S7 Edge back with a brand new screen. And sure enough, the problem seems to be gone. It's still not quite as good as the Z3's sensitivity but damn is there a massive improvement in this replacement. So yeah, if anyone else has this issue, you probably have a shit screen.

anyone here factory reset their S7 due to lag?

I've had my Verizon S7 since June of last year. I've noticed lately I'm getting lag. Pressing the power button takes a second longer for the screen to come on, double tap on home for camera is laggy and only seems to work half the time now, when I open Google Maps it sometimes takes up to 10 seconds for the keyboard to pop up so I can search something, etc.

I'm guessing it would be pretty painless to do a factory reset as most stuff is in the cloud. How exactly does something like Google Photos work though? Will it redownload the photos onto my phone, or will everything before the wipe be cloud only and new photos will be both device+cloud?
I can't confirm but I believe it will work exactly as you said, old stuff will be cloud only, new stuff will be local and uploaded to cloud. You can probably download the old stuff easily though. If the photos are on the SD card they won't be lost by a factory reset though as far as I know.

And yes when my S7 Edge became laggy a couple of months ago, a factory reset resolved it completely. I just accept that this is a Samsung thing as I had it with the S3 also. I'm not too annoyed at having to factory reset once a year or 6 months though, nice to have a fresh start. Just remember, the first thing you should do post-reset is uninstall or disable anything and everything you definitely won't use, then start installing your own apps. I reckon cutting down on as much bloat as possible will give you the best chance of a longer lag free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom