• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung | Unpacked Event | August 23rd - Note 8

kirblar

Originally Posted by SonofdonCD

Okay, so on Verizon's site, it says if you trade in theses phones you get 50% off (Save $480):

iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus
Pixel XL
LG G6
Moto Z Force
Galaxy S8
Galaxy S8+
Galaxy S7
Galaxy S7 edge
Galaxy Note5

These phones are 35% off (Save $336):

iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
Pixel
HTC 10
LG G5
LG V20
Moto Z Droid
Galaxy S6
Galaxy S6 edge
Galaxy S6 edge+

And lastly, 25% off(save $240):

iPhone SE
HTC M9
LG G4
LG V10
Moto Z Play
Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy S5
(crossposting from the other Note8 thread since we ended up w/ two somehow)

The catch to this is that the credit is applied to monthly payments, so you're penalized for paying it off early. You need to be sure you want to stick with both the phone and Verizon. (You may also want to make sure you have the phone insured via either a Credit Card or Samsung/Cell Provider due to this.)

This actually gets crazier though. If you go through Best Buy you get an additional $150 off the price and you still get a pre-order bonus of your choice. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...&eut=696639594

Like, if you are on Verizon, don't want to switch, and are still using a Note 5? Boy have we got the deal for you!

Samsung Note7 trade-in details are live as well. Basically, if it's a phone that's on their list of regular tradeins, they'll bump the credit value up to $450. Very nice gesture, both that and the Verizon deal are really nice.

SpecX

What's the deal on the blue? I checked Samsung website and only have black to pick from unlocked or the purple if I select a carrier.

kirblar

What's the deal on the blue? I checked Samsung website and only have black to pick from unlocked or the purple if I select a carrier.
Blue just appeared for S8 last month, and is BB/Samsung.com exclusive in the US. Probably a similar thing here. (though now that I look at it, that's a completely different shade of blue)

Blue isn't even available in the US.

That's a tragedy.

So I'm wondering if I'm getting the note 8 by trading in my Pixel XL, in the end I still have to lay $680 to buy out my phone on release date. Good deal or not worth it?

I told myself I was done with Samsung after the note 7 but...I love the notes

Caseology is running a sale on cases via Amazon.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10491136-c...xy-s8-s8-iphone-7-7-more-from-4-free-shipping

Cases as low as $5.

Make sure when you are at the Amazon page, click see other sellers and select the one that DOESN'T say PRIME. Then the code will work for $5.

Edit. Speak of the devil... Google always watching.

3MT09yt.png

Top Bottom