• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandy Hook dad fights back against ‘hoaxers’ with lawsuit and hilarious Trump pranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Sandy Hook dad fights back against ‘hoaxers’ with lawsuit and hilarious Trump pranks

Noah-and-Lenny-Pozner-Facebook-800x430.png

Noah and Lenny Pozner

The father of the youngest child slain at Sandy Hook Elementary School is fighting back against conspiracy theorists who believe the massacre never happened.

Lenny Pozner used to be conspiracy theorist himself before his 6-year-old son, Noah,*died* Dec. 14, 2012, by a gunman’s AR-15 inside his first grade classroom.

In fact, Pozner told New York Magazine, he might even have listened to conspiracy-monger Alex Jones’ podcast the morning he dropped off Noah and his two daughters at school for the last time.

But, after his son died along with 19 other children and six adults, he realized the harm in speculating without much evidence about real-life events.

“Conspiracy theorists erase the human aspect of history,” Pozner told the magazine. “My child — who lived, who was a real person — is basically going to be erased.”

Pozner first tried proving “truthers” — whom he prefers to call “hoaxers” — wrong by supplying documents and other evidence to show Noah had existed and was murdered, but he found too many of them had no interest in engaging with facts.

“There was a segment of the population that wanted to have these things debunked,” Pozner said. “All they know is what they’re seeing online, the buzz of all of this dis­information, and someone needed to provide the service of offering accurate information should they want it.”

So he called out some of the most prominent hoaxers, including Wolfgang Halbig and former Florida Atlantic University professor James Tracy, by name and set up the Conspiracy Theorists Anonymous to help debunk their conspiracy theories.

But Pozner realized after about a year — as hoaxers launched personal attacks against him and other group members — that debunking had run its course.

“I realized there was no one left with questions,” he said. “The only people left were trolls.”

The former IT consultant spends much of his days filing copyright complaints against hoaxers who use photos of his family, and he founded the HONR Network last year to help remove conspiracy theory content about the Sandy Hook shootings.

Pozner worries that Halbig and other hoaxers inspire “crazies” to engage in possible violence against Sandy Hook victims’ families — who they believe are imposters involved in a government plot to disarm Americans.

So he has decided to fight back against them through goofy pranks, targeted complaints and a lawsuit against Halbig for invasion of privacy.

“Suing Halbig is symbolic,” Pozner told New York Magazine. “If I can show that if you go after a victim, a victim is gonna sue you — that’s real.”

Even the date of that lawsuit’s filing, Sept. 11, was symbolic.

“I know how these guys function, and this is just another shock to their nervous system,” Pozner said.
Some other Newtown parents, mostly fathers, who did not lose children in the massacre are supporting Pozner’s efforts in hilarious ways.

One of those parents sent Halbig, a Donald Trump supporter, an email from the account realivankatrump@gmail.com inviting him to Mar-a-Lago to present his findings for possible use in the presidential campaign.

Halbig drove three hours from his Florida home to Palm Beach — where he was turned away from Trump’s resort by baffled security guards.

Another parent, who goes by the name Vlad the Impaler online, started sending rubber ducks — a symbol of recovery in Newtown — to the hoaxers’ homes to show they “can’t hide behind a computer.”

The hoaxer conspiracy theorists have been rattled to find their cars covered in rubber ducks, which some of them fear have been poisoned — although Vlad doesn’t entirely dispute that claim.

“I think you could say they were ‘weaponized,’” he said, “when we rubbed them on our ball sacks.”

Good for all the shit they're doing against the hoaxers.

Let them experience even an ounce of pain that these people have felt.

I'd love to see some of Vlad's work, would be awesome.

Sandy Hook hoaxers are the lowest of the low of conspiracy theorists.

Seriously, how fucking pathetic do you have to be to try to dehumanize the death of 19 kids and 6 adults.

Fucking pieces of shit.

Jeels

It's insane that this father has to spend his time and energy doing this instead of helping draft policy that would prevent stuff like this from happening again.

All so insecure losers can wave their gun dick around.

Tagyhag

“I think you could say they were ‘weaponized,’” he said, “when we rubbed them on our ball sacks.”

LOL.

Good for them, Sandy Hook hoaxers aren't human. You can't lack that much empathy and consider yourself part of this race.

Jesus, could've done without that very specific description of what happened to his son.

That said, as someone who grew up only 15 minutes from Sandy Hook, these truthers are absolute scum.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom

Well played.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
One of those parents sent Halbig, a Donald Trump supporter, an email from the account realivankatrump@gmail.com inviting him to Mar-a-Lago to present his findings for possible use in the presidential campaign.

Halbig drove three hours from his Florida home to Palm Beach — where he was turned away from Trump’s resort by baffled security guards.
This is amazing. What a true moron.

My sister posted some stupid picture on facebook about this and I called her right when I saw it and basically yelled at her until she took it down smh I hate these fucken people.

Seriously, how fucking pathetic do you have to be to try to dehumanize the death of 19 kids and 6 adults.
Because they were ACTORS and Obummer is gonna take away our guns!!!

Any minute now he'll do it, trust me.

Seriously though, fuck Sandy Hook truthers. Complete shit excuses for human beings with no empathy for others.

The thing that gets me is how can these people be so sure of themselves. It's called a theory for a reason. Doesn't it cross their mind that they could be wrong [they are] and are harassing people who suffered a massive personal tragedy.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Sandy Hook truthers are the lowest of the lows and worst of the worst. Absolute scum. I've gone off on some people I've even heard bringing it up. Its one of those things that makes my blood boil every time I hear it brought up.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sandy Hook truthers are the lowest of the lows and worst of the worst. Absolute scum. I've gone off on some people I've even heard bringing it up. Its one of those things that makes my blood boil every time I hear it brought up.

I completely disconnected from Ronda Rousey pre-loss after she was entertaining this bullshit.

That "jaw blown off" part just gave me an image in my head that I never wanted.

I honestly couldn't imagine what I would do to a Sandy Hook Truther if I were a parent of one of the victims.

This is hilarious and kind of uplifting to great, but wow, that description of Noah's death seems over the top :/
That's the point. A reminder that this was a real kid and kids who died that day and then our country collectively shrugged it's shoulders and said "Well guess there nothing we can do about it."

Losing anyone, especially your child, and having to listen to assholes say it never happened... my god... I can't even imagine how frustrating and infuriating that must feel for these poor parents.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
This is hilarious and kind of uplifting to great, but wow, that description of Noah's death seems over the top :/

I think the human details of murder are actually pretty important. The separation from that is part of what creates conspiracy bullshit.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I don't think I would be able to contain myself If I actually came across one of them outside of the internet. It would go real bad, and real quick.

I was with some friends and one of their significant others brought it up a few months after the shooting had happened and I admit I lost my cool pretty badly.

Beartruck

I love that he fell for an email as obviously fake as that. Just goes to show these people will swallow any bullshit as long as it supports their beliefs.

neoemonk

I remember the first time I heard about flat earth people, and moon landing deniers, and thought it was somewhat amusing, mostly because it's harmless.

But these people...these people make me want to lose my composure. My son was in kindergarten when Sandy Hook happened, and you can't help but imagine what that's like to have to go through something like that. And then to have people tell you it never happened and attack you...it just enrages me to think about it.

it still baffles me that of all the things to have a conspiracy theory about THIS is what some of these people decide to latch onto

Amory

Good for him, but he's right, there's no point in reasoning with these people. They're not going to be convinced that all this actually happened.

Jesus, could've done without that very specific description of what happened to his son.

That said, as someone who grew up only 15 minutes from Sandy Hook, these truthers are absolute scum.

Where'd you grow up? I'm from Monroe originally

diaspora

Another parent, who goes by the name Vlad the Impaler online, started sending rubber ducks — a symbol of recovery in Newtown — to the hoaxers’ homes to show they “can’t hide behind a computer.”

damn, that's good

I know a guy who used to be a really nice dude (still is honestly) who went full conspiracy theory.

Like full blown.

9/11 Hoax. Check

Sandy Hook truther. Check.

Hadron Collider is messing with our timeline and signs of this are the Mandella effect. CHECK.

Illuminati. Check.

It's honestly not even worth debating them. It's impossible.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Dear God I wish I hadn't read that second sentence pre-edit. If I were to lose my son in such a horrible and senseless way would be unbearable but that extra detail would simply destroy me. The strength this guy has to not only continue on but to fight back against the sub-humans who continue to politicize the mass murder of kindergarteners is astounding and commendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom