• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hillary ad ties Donald Trump to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsmEu-Ia3Oc

XYXDoBf.png

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/17/wat...nald-trump-to-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones/
Hillary Clinton’s latest attack ad shines a light on the rhetorical similarities between Donald Trump and ************* founder Alex Jones.

The first minute of the ad focuses primarily on Jones’ myriad out-there conspiracy theories: on Sandy Hook (“synthetic, completely fake, with actors”), on Sept. 11 (“the official story is a fable”), on the Democratic candidate herself (“She’s a freaking demon, and she stinks, and so does Obama”), and on LGBT issues (“I don’t like them putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin’ frogs gay!”).

Jones interviewed the Republican presidential nominee in December. And in January, Trump — still in the throes of a primary battle — called Jones a “nice guy.”

---

The final seconds of the ad feature a soundbite of Jones celebrating how “surreal” it is “to talk about issues here on air and then word-for-word hear Trump say it two days later. It is amazing.”

Clinton has made a point of tying her opponent to the GOP fringe. In August, she provided an oral history of the alt-right and its embrace of Trump to rally-goers in Reno, Nevada.

“He is taking hate groups mainstream,” she explained, “and helping a radical fringe take over the Republican Party.”
I happen to think it's a pretty damn effective ad--unless you already subscribe to the demon stuff.

This feels like when the GOP went full "Saul Alinsky" on Obama during the GOP primaries in 2012. I don't think it lasted long either, though I could be wrong.

Only this time, the Dems are lining Trump up to a nutcase. Which isn't too far a stretch.

E-Cat

This feels like when the GOP went full "Saul Alinsky" on Obama during the GOP primaries in 2012. I don't think it lasted long either, though I could be wrong.

Only this time, the Dems are lining Trump up to a nutcase. Which isn't too far a stretch.
Trump did the lining up all by himself.

I think its funny that Republican ads need a scary voice over, when all the Democrats have to do is just play sound clips of what Trump and his spporters say. The truth is in the pudding, they don't need to work too hard.

JCizzle

Finally. Hasn't trump expressed his appreciation for his support and spoken on his show? Hillary needs to associate trump with 9/11 and sandy hook truthers like this on a stage like the debate since most normal people are unaware that such wackos exist. The GOP made Rev Wright a bogeyman, not sure why the Dems can't do the same with much more material on hand.

Finally. Hasn't trump expressed his appreciation for his support and spoken on his show? Hillary needs to associate trump with 9/11 and sandy hook truthers like this on a stage like the debate since most normal people are unaware that such wackos exist.
Yes they show that in the video

Yeah that's pretty effective. Hopefully they hold peoples attention past the first 30 seconds though, the only flaw I could see.

Great ad though that shines at the ending.

Oh man, I want to see Jones reaction to this, probably going to freak out as usual.

He already responded... It was pretty confused.

And I’ve interviewed the police, two different police officers on-air, including a deputy fire chief -- that’s another person -- Lee Ann McAdoo did, it’s got like 5 million views on YouTube, when they told them there’s a countdown we’re going to blow up Building 7. We heard the countdown. And it was coming from the Red Cross. Do you know who the Red Cross is, folks? You know who can go behind enemy lines even 500 years ago out of Switzerland? The Red Cross. And I’m not bashing you if you were in the Red Cross, it has a lot of good things it does, but it is the main global intelligence agency front. So, you want to put this in your ad,Hillary? The Red Cross ran the countdown to blow up Building 7. No one would suspect the Red Cross, would they? So when I say Red Cross, I mean intelligence operatives there with the countdown. And then I have the news saying, “Building 7 has fallen. Building 7 has fallen.”

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/...here-were-bombs-world-trade-center-911/213883

Kibbles

I have a friend who is a Sandy Hook truther, he'd probably eat this up. :S

"I dont like them putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin frogs gay!" Imao

Alex Jones and Trump connection has been pretty strong since summer of 2015. Roger Stone is consistently on Alex Jones' show. Trump even did an interview on info wars.

It's kind of amazing to think that all of Hillary's attack ads are literally just Trump talking about something or to someone. The guy literally writes his own attack ads.

Bedlam

Right in the nuts. Nice.

And great reply from Jones: more conspiracy bs. That will surely fly with rational people. Good stuff.

Chumley

Banned
Alex Jones is the kind of person who should be relegated to screaming in the wind at streen corners, but thanks to the internet somehow has made a bunch of money off of rambling incoherent jibberish.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, he is on video complimenting Alex Jones, a fucking nut job, who at one point said Aliens were among us doing things.

I'd be ashamed to be related to this man if I was.

Welp I'm convinced.

Was all onboard with Hillary, but Trump has won me over, guys.

I refuse, REFUSE to fucking live in a country where the water is turning our frogs gay. Like, of course. How did we not see this coming?

dankir

As a Canadian I have to ask, people actually listen to this guy?? They believe they shit he says?

SAndy hook was fake, actors and all. I visited Sandy Hook 2 days after it happen, it was very fucking real you stupid fucking piece of shit.

I can't believe people like this are even allowed to get airtime. Fucking disgusting.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
As a Canadian I have to ask, people actually listen to this guy?? They believe they shit he says?

SAndy hook was fake, actors and all. I visited Sandy Hook 2 days after it happen, it was very fucking real you stupid fucking piece of shit.

I can't believe people like this are even allowed to get airtime. Fucking disgusting.

I know you have freedom of speech in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom